• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Cecil Harvey
Clive Rosfield

Seems perfectly fine to me. Its not drenched in Latin for once.

Hibiki

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I'm feeling party members

Also, this art is insane I love it and from the character descriptions and realm descriptions, this is sounding like another phenomenal Final Fantasy world up there with XII and XIV. Can not wait!

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Man, given the staff's pedigree, you know each of these nations are going to be fleshed out. Love me some good political intrigue.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
flag_sanbreque.png

Saint Shiva anyone?

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
The producer of the game disagrees with you and finds chasing top end graphics a waste.

He personally sent you a msg telling you he disagrees with me? ;)

I didn't say you need to chase top end graphics. I said that it looks like releasing on launch window of next-gen consoles sells more units.

I bet this game sells more than FFV as a result. Hope that clears things up for you.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck yes!
Beautiful art. The world map looks pretty big.
Hopefully we get to see all the factions and their environments.
Also, I've just realized that in the background of that city you can actually see the Mothercrystal. That thing is actually as big as it is on the world map.
So much potential!

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
He personally sent you a msg telling you he disagrees with me? ;)

I didn't say you need to chase top end graphics. I said that it looks like releasing on launch window of next-gen consoles sells more units.

I bet this game sells more than FFV as a result. Hope that clears things up for you.
Yes Yoshida just called me, it's only 10PM there rofl.

What I mean is disagrees with the notion good graphics are important and that S-E is arrogant for chasing them is what I mean rofl.

I am in agreement that it will sell better, it's being made by much better devs than XV. Gonna take a while though because of the worthless exclusivity period but S-E gonna S-E.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
could be why there's 2nd Eikon of Fire. Rosaria's mother crystal is not pleased with Joshua as Phoenix Dominant so it choose another guy to be Ifrit Dominant. which is why Clive blame the crystal

OR. Joshua's frail and sickly constitution causes his Dominant powers to go completely out of control and he manifests Ifrit because he doesn't have the strength to control the power of fire a more skilled Dominant could.

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wanna know how FF fans feel about the game that announced and ready to launch in just year or two.

DyCy

Oct 25, 2017
So any reason or meaning behind the name Clive?

Cloud and squall were weather based, same with lightning

Noctis is night

Tidus I think means sun

zidane means growth or progress

vaan means full of life

what does Clive mean 🤔

Names with a cute meaning are mostly a Nojima thing. Cecil Harvey, Butz Klauser or Tina Branford don't necessarily have a deeper meaning and are names that could exist in the real world.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
just with the website looks like the game would have a bigger story and more lore than FFXV

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My gut is telling me Clive, Joshua and Jill will be your party. I also feel like you'll be able to swap summon powers between them (like weapons in DMC).

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
So for FF protags we have Cloud, Squall, Tidus, Zidane, Lighting, Noctis and... Clive.

Last edited:

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Clive means...person who lives by a cliff if Google is to be trusted. I'm a bit confused by the choice and think it sounds like some name an uncle of mine from Tennessee would have.

I suppose to some Clive would sound like an exotic name, though.