• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Everill

Banned
Dec 2, 2018
Clive sure is a choice of name... But my favourite part is:
"Clive dedicated himself to mastering the blade."

Oct 27, 2017
Clive sure is a choice of name... But my favourite part is:
"Clive dedicated himself to mastering the blade."
Good catch haha
286.jpg

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting tired of the Medieval Europe aesthetic but it's preferable over the sci-fi setting, and the art looks hella nice.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Dominants are special beings who have the power of an Eikon residing within them. As a Dominant, Joshua transforms into the Phoenix and fights to protect his nation.

The Eikons and the Dominants that threaten the world For those familiar with the Final Fantasy series, you may know Eikons as "Summons", and they are without a doubt the most destructive and lethal creatures in Valisthea. Wielding powers that can level nations, Eikons reside within special beings called Dominants. How Dominants are treated depends on the realm—in some they are revered as royalty, while in others they are sent to the frontlines as weapons of war.
So we're Naruto now.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I LOVE the artstyle. And all the character info and lore is just amazing so far! I seriously can't wait for this game! It's like one of the big reasons why I preordered a PS5.

Oct 27, 2017
This looks so good. Love the way they've set up the world, where the crystals aren't just big magical doodads, but are huge features of the landscape that have shaped politics in plausible ways.

The city art is sweet -- will we finally have a full world modern (offline) FF w/ actual fully developed townz?

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Why are we using this thread as the most recent place to again relitigate our opinions on Vaan that I assure you no one cares about in the year of our lord 2020.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Man, Kazuya Takahashi is quickly becoming one of my favorite artists on SE's payroll. He's like Yoshida, but with less thigh.

That world map is straight up Hydaelyn with an extra continent in the east. Or a really big Hingashi. Or Meracydia drifted north.

I am glad they gave him the role. Was a fan of his style since ARR and especially HW.

I really like that Yoshi-p is giving the lead roles to HW leads.

Was hoping Masao and Namae would be involved. But seems the former might've left Square Enix altogether and the latter is busy with FFXIV.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
FFXI's Vana'diel:
map.jpg

FFXVI's Valisthea:
country_bg_pc.jpg

definitely totally 100% not taking inspiration from XI, a game Takai previously worked on

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Firion
Luneth
Cecil
Bartz
Terra
Cloud
Squall
Zidane
Tidus
Vaan
Lightning
Noctis

And now.....Clive :P

SonicX_Zero

Oct 26, 2017
This is not my Final Fantasy it looks so generic.... /s

I'm so hard I love it. Ugh. All the details about world and the characters make me wet and hard <3

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
After having some time to think about it, yeah it's the last name too.

Like Clive Rosfield just immediately gets my mind started about Chris Redfield, and by extension the many, many, many memes about THE REDFIELD BLOODLINE MUST BE CONTINUED, and thus I can't stop giggling about it every time I think about the MC's name. Ironically would've appreciated him having a really long noble title (e.g think Ace Combat's Mihaly Dumitru Margareta Corneliu Leopold Blanca Karol Aeon Ignatius Raphael Maria Niketas A. Shilage ) but just going by Clive for convenience reasons to cut down on the giggling.

(also how do these threads keep having arguments about Final Fantasy protags that read like they're from 2001: like some posts are even hitting that same tenor of "you kids and your new fangled protagonists" except we're talking about games that are nearly or over 20 years old)

krossj

Dec 4, 2017
Clicked through for some music but didn't leave wholly disappointed, art looks great and premise sounds interesting. looking forward to this

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Man imagine if the game looked like in these artworks - either way its all great looking. Hope it turns out well.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Great art

When they say these are the heroes, all playable or join in battle or is this a solo Ff?
It would really make me happy if Joshua and Jill accompany Clive and at least give you backup support as your Rydia and Rosa archtypes or whatever. Parom and Polom. Three siblings on an adventure! How fun! And I'm sure nothing bad happens to one of them, especially to the one that doesn't like carrots.

Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit. Reading the section about the lore has me so excited at the prospect that we not only will be able to explore multiple kingdoms, but actually have a large GOT style story. I want to contain my excitement because I've been burned too many times by this franchise especially after XV but I really hope this is the case....

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Kingdom on the east side seems to be antagonistic. The bad guy from there totally going to be named Albert Easker.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Great art

When they say these are the heroes, all playable or join in battle or is this a solo Ff?
We don't know yet. We've seen Clive use different Eikon power (Phoenix, Garuda Titan). So either we can customize Clive and Eikon are swappable between party member like materia, or Clive is special and can use all Eikon whenever he want which make other party member less likely imo.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
that's a final fantasy name alright

i think this looks pretty interesting. i've been pretty meh about the series for a long time (excluding XIV) but def looking forward to hearing more about XVI

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
If the phoenix dominant becomes the archduke of rosaria by tradition, does that mean Clive's dad can summon phoenix too? Maybe they need to pass it on so the bloodline remains in charge of the kingdom, kinda shady because gaining that power is kinda random if that's the case.
From one day to another your dinasty could lose its royal status because some random peasant has inherited phoenix's power.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but i can't take that name seriously. It's like a parody of Chris Redfield.