• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Did Akihiko Yoshida do the art? Looks really good. Also I hope we go really deep on the different factions in the game.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
country_bg_pc.jpg

JTbvskE.jpeg

Obviously Eorzea is much bigger, you but you can see similar shapes. It's like Eorzea but you take out the middle.

noffles

Nov 10, 2017
Jill is straight up wearing a dress from FFXIV, also sporting a hairstyle from FFXIV.

Into it.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Clive Rosfield sounds like a middle-aged climate and Covid denier. I'm not sure I can ever get on board with a name like that. He could be a random guy from down my road who spends all day tinkering with his car just to avoid talking to his wife.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wish the characters looked closer to the concept art at least in tone because there a big tonal shift in characters from concept to keyart.

Not that the keyart doesnt look good but it doesnt look as unique as Id like, slight Dragon Age II vibes

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Dat art. Fucking sublime. Can't wait to see more of this game. It really looks great. I'm going to watch the trailer again. I'll be back.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yoshida!!!!!!!........? looks like

My lord, EVERYTHING looks beautiful. Most hyped game for me right now.

Love they're declaring war on tradition 😍

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The artist isn't Yoshida if I remember. I forget their name but someone who moved over from the FF14 team has a similar style.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Clive is a funny name choice but it works

Really intrigued by the world details, too. Sounds like it'll be a globe trotting adventure again assuming we can visit all these locales.

Haelsly

Oct 25, 2017
I was not expecting Clive and Joshua to be brothers. That's gonna make things interesting.

God the artwork is beautiful.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Is the character art Naoki Yoshida or Naoki Ikushima (Octopath Traveler)? It could be Kazuya Takahashi too

Raigor

May 14, 2020
This looks crazy, thank god they avoided the weeb shit and went full medieval setting.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
All of this sounds really interesting. likely confirms a couple of other summons/eikons too. Just look at the different banners.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
This looks really well thought out already. All these different countries with different cultures and politics. And the artwork at least makes it look quite fantastical. More so than the trailer.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Hot damn, the concept arts look awesome.

Can't wait to find out what changed the main character from this:
Screenshot_2020-10-29_THE_CHARACTERS_FINAL_FANTASY_XVI_SQUARE_ENIX.png

to this lol:

Screenshot_2020-10-29_FINAL_FANTASY_XVI_FINAL_FANTASY_16_SQUARE_ENIX.jpg

Also I hope Joshua doesn't just die and that be the end of it.

And lol, they can reuse some of the assets from FFXV's Altissia I guess :p

50542209717_17903636c7_o.png

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for that "the dominant is actually me" twist somewhere in there, I can't handle this hype

ultrachristiankidscampraptor.gif

isn't the artist Kazuya Takahashi?

Some high resolution versions of the art at https://press.na.square-enix.com/FINAL-FANTASY-XVI. Including the full shot of Clive and Joshua back-to-back. According to the signature on this, it's Kazuya Takahashi.

Thanks for that info. Love the look of the characters!

sumo

Oct 30, 2017
Clive is definitely not a name I was expecting, it's probably the same if we were to make a game with Japanese names though. What's with the carrots?

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
That edgelord looks nothing like the art, I guess there's some time skip between them.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Some high resolution versions of the art at https://press.na.square-enix.com/FINAL-FANTASY-XVI. Including the full shot of Clive and Joshua back-to-back. According to the signature on this, it's Kazuya Takahashi.

FFXVI_MediaKit_04.png

Yeah, knew it.

Since he left the FFXIV at the release of Stormblood he would be the character designer for whatever new game was coming (FFXVI).

He was also one of the lead artist (if not main lead even) for Heavensward after Akihiko Yoshida left Square Enix.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Finally, a mainline Final Fantasy characters with proper names instead of just Tidus, Yuna, Lightning, Snow.

I'm playing that mobile FF Tactics game atm and the setting is pretty similar here with different factions and what not. Seeing Ivalice like setting finally being presented in high budget game is gonna be great.