• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
j6LHWBd.jpg

HJtzB7j.jpg

DAMN. That's what I wanna see, the concept art brought to life.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Ui looks so out of place for the setting of the game

Vs summon fights just look like massive flash no substance

SunshinePuppies

One Winged Slayer
Nov 14, 2020
is there a reason why they don't say only on PS5 (& 4?) or console exclusive or anything like that? only Sony has been advertising them but it's strange how they haven't committed to any exclusivity yet

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
This looks sick.

I don't mind the hud but I do think the damage numbers should be optional, at least for the real time elements.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Man, I was REALLY hoping for a party. Trailer looked good, and I'm definitely going to buy, but absent a party system, FFVII Remake is the combat direction I think the series should move towards.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Yoshi P said something about starting interviews with media

INTERESTING

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this game so devoid of melanin.
They even made freaking Shiva white.

Terandle

Oct 27, 2017
Look at how they massacred my boy. FF7R the only thing keeping this franchise together at this point.

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit that looked incredible.

Literally my only complaint is that I'm not in love with the UI.

Final Fantasy is fucking back!

#Team2023 for the win, always bet against Square releasing something quickly /laugh /cry

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Cool enough trailer with some nice segments, but not quite what I was hoping for. I guess we're still a ways away from a proper gameplay showcase instead of this hyper-cut cinematic focused showcase meant to sow mystery to garner interest

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Looks like a pretty solid attempt to take advantage of the hardware. Definitely started its life out targeting lower end specs I imagine

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
So from the screenshots it looks like it's going to be a seamless open world. I'm fine with action combat. I still have FFXIV for something closer to traditional FF.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Do you recognise anything you said you saw last year in this trailer? :3

Nope!
As I was saying in the general thread, none of the characters I saw were in :( given what we now see of combat, i only expect them to appear as occasional allies (as they are pretty big characters).
That's pretty much it, i knew the tone they are going with but everyone and their mother could deduce it so it's non-info lol

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Looks fantastic..Summer 2023 almost makes me want to wait for a PS5 hardware revision but I'll be getting this day 1 regardless.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The UI looks straight out of FFXIII (i.e. not good and not fitting for a fantasy medieval world). Like seriously what the hell Minagawa??

HeeHo

Oct 27, 2017
The UI definitely stuck out. Some bits did look like a fighting game at first glance. Other than that, I'm super excited for the combat aspect. I don't love DMC combat but oddly enough I love the combat in Dragon's Dogma.

Really hyped but further out than I thought.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love every new FF game getting people riled up over "X mechanic..... not in my final fantasy"

Yeah.

I totally understand PREFERRING a certain style (full turn based, ATB, MMO style, full action etc) but to act like FF hasn't constantly changed up its battle mechanics over it's life is silly. "being able to change the class of my characters!? Absurd!" "skills through levelling up and not just bought from a shop! How dare!" "Turns happening when I haven't made my choice yet! hwgeuagysgdjkay!"

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I am once again requesting that Alexander show up in a Final Fantasy game, it's been too long.(I have no idea if he's in FF14)