• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
What if they're not "ready" because they want to release a demo not too far from their next showing?

If only! I expect a demo, but not this year. Probably a couple of months before launch, and that's looking more like a Q3 thing every day that goes by.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It's wise not to take people's word for granted (honestly don't even know if the user knows their stuff lol). TGA wouldn't be shocking, however.

Just dissapointing it's so fucking far away.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if Yoshida wants to show more of the game when its closer to the release, i imagine 6 months before(?)

Could it be releasing in June of next year?

Last edited:

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Square Enix never cared about TGA, i cant see the game showing there with a big trailer.

TGA this year looks like its going to be really weak too, no big games like last year

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Square Enix never cared about TGA, i cant see the game showing there with a big trailer.

TGA this year looks like its going to be really weak too, no big games like last year
There's a precedent with FF VII Remake (short, pre-show trailer, but still). And what makes you think there won't be as many big games this year? Elden Ring could perfectly be there, for example.

In any case, there being fewer big games would actually be a positive: you get the spotlight and that massive audience.

I think Jump Festa or a S-E Presents in winter supports the kind of showcase Yoshida might want better, but I wouldn't discard TGA at all.
Shouldn't we not jump on vague hints from 'insiders' after this summer? lol
What a rollercoaster of emotions (the final one being dissapointment) June and July were :_

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The Game Awards has a larger audience and is as good a place as any to show the game.
I'm not sure how to understand your post. I didn't mean that it wasn't a good place, but that it is a natural last resort event since it's the last one of the year if they want to stick to their 2021 info promise.

discotrigger

Oct 25, 2017
What if they're not "ready" because they want to release a demo not too far from their next showing?

If only! I expect a demo, but not this year. Probably a couple of months before launch, and that's looking more like a Q3 thing every day that goes by.

That's actually not a crazy expectation at all. Several single player Final Fantasy games have had playable demos in the last two decades, and some came out a while before release.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A demo would be cool but considering SE's track record with demos, I expect the ending of the game to leak if they released on. *tidus laugh*

(In fairness, the FFVIIR leak was on Sony.)

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
For some reason TGA feels odd for XVI to me.
Honestly I just want a dedicated 15 minute live stream.
Nothing else distracting. I don't know if a 2 minute trailer will feel satisfying after so long. Do a real presentation. I have like 100 questions I need answering. It's the next mainline FF, it doesn't feel treated that way yet.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
This or their own event / stream considering the success of fanfest and live letters for XIV. I want the latter but am expecting the former.

Nothing else distracting. I don't know if a 2 minute trailer will feel satisfying after so long. Do a real presentation. I have like 100 questions I need answering. It's the next mainline FF, it doesn't feel treated that way yet.

Something like Endwalker reveal would be most ideal for sure.

dharmapolice

Oct 25, 2017

say what you will. Company SE wants to market XVI differently this time. They made too many over confident gestures with FFXV. XV sold very well, but critical reception is equally important to company SE, particularly with mainline FF. They halfheart everything else marketing wise.
The game awards get more eyeballs and prestige every year and there will be a lot of pressure around this time from fans due to yoshi san promise. Just wait and see, nothing is ever written in stone but that is the move

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
TGA is as appropriate as E3 ever was. Particularly when this is going to be the most western facing title in the series, really.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Also keeping my mouth shut, there is no point in even teasing anything anymore if the developers themselves admitted uncertainty.

They did have FFVII:R at TGA 2019 though, they are not above anything.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I just need to know if there's a party, not even a trailer

newgal3.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
More than a TGA presentation I'm expecting a 20 minutes State of Play, similar to that of Deathloop earlier this summer. While it's true that FF7R had a trailer in 2019 at TGA, Square and Keighley didn't really have anything since then, not even a SGF short trailer (in fact, except for 2B in Fall Guys did they ever had anything from Square?). A FF XVI focused State of Play makes more sense also because Sony want the brand to be heavily tied to them.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
I was honestly so confident it would be at the Sony event. I've learnt my lesson now, you can't predict what square's gonna do

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'm going to say that... if there isn't any party, imo this FF is DOA.
Whether there's no party or a there's a non-playable one (like vanilla XV), I don't think it'd mean much for the game in the grand scheme of things. The former would be really dissapointing to me. The latter, I could live with as long as they are semi-permanent/permanent companions (and not just for a couple of missions).

I just don't want this to be like an Assassins' Creed game. We have way too many solo adventure AAA games from the West.

Luckily, there's reason to believe there's a guest member system in place already. Then again, they could be random characters or very momentary ones (the one in the trailer is a generic soldier):
CQAogPq.png

msia2k75

Nov 1, 2017
Whether there's no party or a there's a non-playable one (like vanilla XV), I don't think it'd mean much for the game in the grand scheme of things. The former would be really dissapointing to me. The latter, I could live with as long as they are semi-permanent/permanent companions (and not just for a couple of missions).

I just don't want this to be like an Assassins' Creed game. We have way too many solo adventure AAA games from the West.

Luckily, there's reason to believe there's a guest member system in place already. Then again, they could be random characters or very momentary ones (the one in the trailer is a generic soldier):
CQAogPq.png

It's a generic NPC... i meant proper party member.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It's a generic NPC... i meant proper party member.
I know. What I mean is that there's a system supporting non-Clive characters in battle along with him, so it stands to reason said characters could be more than just generic NPCs and include plot-critical ones.

Now, whether they'd be there for a couple of missions (like games such as AC, TW and many others do) or, hopefully, most of the game (in traditional FF fashion), we don't know.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I have zero doubts of there being a party of some form. The question really is just whether they're non-playable like ff14/early Ff15 or not imo.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I have zero doubts of there being a party of some form. The question really is just whether they're non-playable like ff14/early Ff15 or not imo.
Yep. Sure, I'd be bummed out if they're not playable, but I ultimately value the narrative opportunities party members give you more than their gameplay. For a FF, I want a journey where you feel part of an entourage, not something like TW3 or AC.

That's about the only thing I'd truly like leaked of this game lol.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017

What they've shown of the combat so far lends itself to Clive being the only playable character but we'll see, maybe they get a few different elements each

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
There is a Yoshida X Sakaguchi talk panel at TGS, announced at the FF14 live letter. There will be live translation. Finger crossed we get something FF16.

Status
Not open for further replies.