• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
She did say that they'll be back before you know it, so it sounds like there's going to be a pretty quick turnaround between this and the next Sony show.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
FFXVI will either be a big promoted part of a SOP or Square will do its own thing. I guess around Gamescom or TGS is when I could see more of it being shown.

TheRealMoB

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 1, 2020
Fair enough.
I have a new taken-by-phone screen of a new FFXVI trailer (and I know it's new stuff because I watch the original trailer pretty much once a week), which I'm happy to verify with mods on multiple angles.
When I asked the person who provided about a trailer coming today they said yes.
That's it, that's why expected it as well, it was more than tangible proof for me.

I can even try and see with the person who provided me the screenshot what went on but I doubt they knew much else.

I mean was it a real screenshot even? Lmao im mean off screen photos of "new trailers" in 2021?

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
How many times do you need to get burned by "insiders" before it is time to say to yourself "stop it?"

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
in the end there is only

tenor.gif

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Definitely not expecting jackshit during August.

I could see the next showing being late this year, if Sony does another SoP after they show GoW and Horizon (and whatever else) this Summer.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I didn't like the show and I didn't expect FF16 to show up but some of you are overly mad lol

it's not that deep, it'll come when it's ready

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
lol why would FF16 be included as a "side" in an SOP? It would be one of the main attractions.

In the same way that FFVIIR was included as a "side"? Twice?

To begin with I wasn't really sure it would show up either. It headlined Sony's September event last year, and wasn't at Square's E3 show, so I figured they wouldn't have it as part of a SoP dedicated to Deathloop with some third party and indie games. Felt like it would be better suited to a bigger SoP/showcase, or Square doing it on their own some time. But then the "insiders" came along, and I hyped myself up lol

I'll probably never learn. Onwards to the next disappointment!

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
no.

we need to stop with the "its your own fault gais" shit.

If you hint at something and it doesn't happen. You should not be able to keep posting.

wtf

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought fake insider posting was bannable already? I remember at the old place it was but maybe misinformation's more acceptable now

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
Sony literally said that this SoP would be focused on Dearhloop and indies, anyone that thought FF16 was gonna be heared played themselves hard.

Jun 2, 2019
I feel like I've just wasted half an hour of my life. Now they will say that "plans have changed", of course, I too can leak that without being an insider. Or that they are going to release a new trailer for FF XVI alongside the Switch pro this week lol.

I wish they would stop hyping people up and playing with their expectations to no avail.

Also I feel Sony should have told people not to expect Final Fantasy XVI and Forspoken, just like they said there would be no Horizon Forbidden West or God Of War news.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no.

we need to stop with the "its your own fault gais" shit.

If you hint at something and it doesn't happen. You should not be able to keep posting.

wtf

For real, people blaming users for being mad when other people (including a MOD) start posting eye emojis and saying it's happening. I don't even mind waiting to see the game but shit like this keeps happening and the more people try to pin it on the users who are lied to the 'insiders' will keep getting away with it. It's why this site is a complete joke.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Ngl, I think I missed every "insider" post

Everytime I showed up in this thread, o just saw memes and general FF discussion

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sony literally said that this SoP would be focused on Dearhloop and indies, anyone that thought FF16 was gonna be heared played themselves hard.

You people really don't remember how FF7R was showcased do you?

It wasn't guaranteed to be here by any means, but it being at a SoP with Deathloop as a deep dive was never a valid reason not.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
In the same way that FFVIIR was included as a "side"? Twice?

To begin with I wasn't really sure it would show up either. It headlined Sony's September event last year, and wasn't at Square's E3 show, so I figured they wouldn't have it as part of a SoP dedicated to Deathloop with some third party and indie games. Felt like it would be better suited to a bigger SoP/showcase, or Square doing it on their own some time. But then the "insiders" came along, and I hyped myself up lol

I'll probably never learn. Onwards to the next disappointment!
FFVIIR had to be added as a side to be a surprise for ps+. We know Final Fantasy 16 is coming, we know the next trailer will be big, so it should be during a bigger event. They'll want to market this one longer than 2 days for a small SoP.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I will expect FF XVI in pretty much every Sony and SE event going forward. The possibility is always there until it releases.

But unlike many I don't get mad if it isn't there. I can wait and don't want SE to go fuck itself because it isn't ready to show me my most anticipated game.

cairngorm

Oct 25, 2017
Weird that promotion of a mainline final fantasy game is so sparse so far. I really wonder when it will appear again

Status
Not open for further replies.