• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually think Scarlet Nexus's system of your party members augments the moves you are capable of doing might be a good mechanic to implement. Because with multiple playable characters they kinda all have to feel fun/good to play and you'd need to make them synergize with the whole team.

Barret and Aerith as the "ranged characters" kinda sucked in FF7R

BeanBoi

Jun 20, 2019
Really big fan of the tweaks FF7 Intermission brought to the game. Syncing up attacks and Yuffie as a ranged character was tons of fun, hope they take some inspiration for this game.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
I'd actually think Scarlet Nexus's system of your party members augments the moves you are capable of doing might be a good mechanic to implement. Because with multiple playable characters they kinda all have to feel fun/good to play and you'd need to make them synergize with the whole team.

Barret and Aerith as the "ranged characters" kinda sucked in FF7R

Aerith was awesome to control you take that back

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aerith is fun but she's a glass canon with not a lot of options for crowd control. Having a character with a huge staff/rod not actually be able to physically hit people was a dumb decision. She doesn't need to do a lot of damage but one ability where she swings it around to knock back enemies or something would've been cool.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's definitely got a party and, since I never shut up about it, im pretty confident that includes non-melee classes like mages that they make work in a more action-oriented setting. Like Dragon's Dogma.

I think FFXIV makes individual classes look the coolest they ever have and I expect XVI to live up to that, if not surpass it.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I missed some sort of soft Gambit system in 7R. Maybe not full on but assigning roles/behavior in combat.
Shuffling over to Aerith just for a healing spell I felt like the AI should've known.

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
Can't wait for 9 minutes of Deathloop, followed by 21 minutes of Guardians of the Galaxy coverage.

Oct 31, 2017
Ok I lied to myself I'm very bad with distracting myself on days where I think a new FF trailer will be shown

my friend keeps coughing should I tell her to shut up

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I missed some sort of soft Gambit system in 7R. Maybe not full on but assigning roles/behavior in combat.
Shuffling over to Aerith just for a healing spell I felt like the AI should've known.

They gotta be adding a rudimentary version of that for the sequel. Just Offensive/Defensive/Balanced would be better than nothing. Ironically, Hamaguchi started at SE as a programmer on XII lol

What no just ask if she's alright

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna see my future husbando again. :(

fictional-mans-whore.jpg

R.5b9627023cd4f018968654d0012520cd

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
It works in the PS First Party OT so..let's try it here!

🙏🙏🙏 Prayer Circle for FFXVI at SoP!

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Would be sick if they just had her wearing heavy ass armor (she will probably be a mage...)
I've been saying, give us a Battle Mage or Red Mage. Something that's sorta a Magic Swordsman (can enchant their weapons with spells) and maybe even spellforge (combine spells to create new spells).

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We're all rooting for you Jill. No pressure or anything, but it'd be great if you could be a playable character, have an amazing design, and be one of the most iconic women in the franchise kthx.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
We're all rooting for you Jill. No pressure or anything, but it'd be great if you could be a playable character, have an amazing design, and be one of the most iconic women in the franchise kthx.

Got their work cut out for them trying to top Alisaie and Yshtola

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Clive entering a tavern: "I need party members to save my family."

Vin: "Say no more!"
vin-diesel-sword-the-last-witch-hunter.jpg

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was in the denial stage of the five stages of depression for a very long time b/c I didn't want to accept that a mainline FF would have a leading female character written like Luna but I've finally accepted that she's a terrible written character and I need XVI to wash away the pain.

Clive entering a tavern: "I need party members to save my family."

Vin: "Say no more!"
vin-diesel-sword-the-last-witch-hunter.jpg

Clive: I'll KILL YOU....if it's the last thing I do.
Don: Clive, you can't fight... without family.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The legacy of family
has shaped our history
for long enough

Status
Not open for further replies.