• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Predictions for E3 with FFXVI then?

Release Window or Date?

Do we get a Collector's Edition Reveal?

Do we get a similar showing to that of how FF7Remake was shown off, around 20 or so minutes with a possible demo the next day.

How Much do you anticipate it to be $70? $60?

October/November 2022
Collector's Edition Reveal Next Year
Better Trailer this year, more story details.
$70 , $80 Deluxe, $120 Collectors.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I just wish they would announce it already. I could actually see it being on the first day, too. I don't think Sony is gonna do a conference at all and MS is on the 13th, but there's no reason to wait for them. Even if SE is doing something with them, they can tease it themselves and tell people to watch MS the next day.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their last Square Enix Presents was announced only 7 days before it went live. I guess the same will happen here?

www.resetera.com

Square Enix Presents, showcase by Square Enix, announced for March 18th

What to expect: Outriders Balan Wonderworld New Life is Strange New title by Square Enix Montreal (Deus Ex Go, Hitman Go, etc.) Just Cause Mobile Avengers Information on Tomb Raider's 25th Anniversary Announcements from TAITO 2021-03-18 10:0:0 America/Los_Angeles

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
So is this showing up at E3, or some side event?
A trustworthy person in the forum said it would show up (even so, grain of salt). Can't find it right now, though. I think it was in the Fanbyte FF Origin write-up thread.

Since S-E's E3 event will probably be the Summer S-E Presents they alluded to, I hope we get this early next week and FF XVI is in there:

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I need the game as soon as possible, but I'm also not in a hurry to start begging someone to sell me a PS5. It's complicated.

Oct 31, 2017
What're you gonna do, rob 'em of the source code? Hold them up at gun point to have your PS5 disc pressed early? LOL
I
EZszSiaUwAADHAv.jpg

Said
EWQm_WpXQAA54aE.png

what I said
EglwjIzUYAAk1nU.jpg

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Their last Square Enix Presents was announced only 7 days before it went live. I guess the same will happen here?

www.resetera.com

Square Enix Presents, showcase by Square Enix, announced for March 18th

What to expect: Outriders Balan Wonderworld New Life is Strange New title by Square Enix Montreal (Deus Ex Go, Hitman Go, etc.) Just Cause Mobile Avengers Information on Tomb Raider's 25th Anniversary Announcements from TAITO 2021-03-18 10:0:0 America/Los_Angeles

Really hoping for an announcement on either Monday or Tuesday.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Hope to see a SE Presents announced tomorrow around this time for next Thursday. Would be great to finally have the day we see more of this game set in stone.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
No S-E Presents announcement today, huh.

In the meantime, SnazzyAI did a mock-up for what the game could look like in 60fps:

It's been a trend for next-gen games so far. I hope it's the case here too, especially since XVI seems to be going for a character action game vibe, even if it's still an RPG.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
No S-E Presents announcement today, huh.

In the meantime, SnazzyAI did a mock-up for what the game could look like in 60fps:

It's been a trend for next-gen games so far. I hope it's the case here too, especially since XVI seems to be going for a character action game vibe, even if it's still an RPG.

Yeah I think atleast a 60fps mode has a good chance of being there.

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
I hope we get more info about XVI's gameplay at E3. I'm expecting no party to be confirmed. I don't think we'll get a release date, but I'm predicting the game will release in September of 2022.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
So I guess this game will show up again in that rumored PlayStation showcase happening later this Summer.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
When a showed my dis pear to Navtra regarding XVI, she said this:
Assuming nothing changed: just wait a couple more weeks.
Naturally, proceed with caution as, like she herself implies, this was the plan at the very least, and you know how fragile plans can be when it comes to videogames, especially with a damn pandemic. But yeah.

I hope we get to see Clive soon again. We haven't even seen him talk!

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm worried that they're going to somehow make this game look shit now whenever it next appears as well

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
After that dumpster fire of a new game reveal that just happened, that next FFXVI trailer better show a female party member and confirm the party is fully playable and in general show the world is more interesting than the first trailer made it look

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Off-topic but why does SE hate colons?

"STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN"

:-/ And it's not even new. Whenever an FF spinoff has a subtitle, they never officially type the colon (for example, it's "CRISIS CORE FINAL FANTASY VII", etc.).

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
After that dumpster fire of a new game reveal that just happened, that next FFXVI trailer better show a female party member and confirm the party is fully playable and in general show the world is more interesting than the first trailer made it look
I wouldn't really expect much in the way of a party or playable female characters :( Would love to be wrong. Even if they're not playable, but give me travelling companions.

The world I think will look cooler, though, if the concept art and the map's city icons are anything to go by. Rosaria looks goddamn plain.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't really expect much in the way of a party or playable female characters :( Would love to be wrong. Even if they're not playable, but give me travelling companions.

The world I think will look cooler, though, if the concept art and the map's city icons are anything to go by. Rosaria looks goddamn plain.
2 FF main games 15 and now 16 with only a playable male main protag and now straight out of 2005 angry bland dude on top would be damn awful.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was gonna say, I'm glad 16 wasn't at this freaking event lmao.
www.resetera.com

Most of Square-Enix's E3 2021 YouTube trailers are getting heavy dislike ratios

I've never seen this happen before for Square-Enix. Screenshots included at the bottom in case they hide the ratio. Not a good night? Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster First seen: 22% dislikes. 12 hours later: 34% dislikes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xMKSh3GF9c Stranger of Paradise: Final...

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
2 FF main games 15 and now 16 with only a playable male main protag and now straight out of 2005 angry bland dude on top would be damn awful.
I really like older Clive's design, but I agree.

A diverse party is always something I look for in a FF, and XV really wasn't that from more than just one point of view, on top of their designs being pretty bad imo. I fear that XVI will be a solo journey in the vein of, idk, Assassins' Creed or The Witcher.

I know it's hard to create parties, but I think FF VII Remake had the right idea and size, even, so as not to complicate things too much. I didn't even mind the linearity and not being able to choose the members for most of the game.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I know VIIR exists but the series is well overdue for some new female party members.

Let Jill fight.
Like how does SE look at the surprise success of Nier Automata and the continued popularity of 2B so much that her costume made it into freaking Fall Guys and then goes you know lets not have more female characters in leading roles in future FF titles our premier franchise despite SE clearly seeing people would like more of those in their games.

Still crossing my fingers for Jill being Shiva and not only a party member but a playable one too

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Man I am actually relieved XVI didn't get lumped in with all the shit in that presentation. Save it for the hype state of play. I'm fine with that.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Like how does SE look at the surprise success of Nier Automata and the continued popularity of 2B so much that her costume made it into freaking Fall Guys and then goes you know lets not have more female characters in leading roles in future FF titles our premier franchise despite SE clearly seeing people would like more of those in their games.

Still crossing my fingers for Jill being Shiva and not only a party member but a playable one too
im actually scared that if square would see it they would interpret it as "shes so loves because of her exposed butt"....

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
im actually scared that if square would see it they would interpret it as "shes so loves because of her exposed butt"....

I like her design so I am down for more designs like that but you are saying you rather have bland mc gruffins on his quest to kill Chaos than a female character even if means she has design heavier on fan service? But its not even so much the design as them having a clearly popular recent female character and somehow it leads to no female characters in new FFs its bizarre

Last edited:

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Since we might see XVI in a couple of weeks at a SoP, I expect another story/gameplay trailer. No deep dive for a looong time.

Paired with some screenshots and information. Maybe even an interview/blog post.

Jun 2, 2019
I said it in another thread, but Final Fantasy Origin looks so hilariously rough and edgy...

Seriously, Square Enix, it's 2021, I think it's about time to make a game featuring women. I'm not even talking about female protagonists, but about women, you know, *existing*.

Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy Origin... And it seems that even FF XVI's main party could also be another sausage fest.

Let's see what they show in the next trailer, but at the moment I am much more interested in Forspoken, to be honest.

And then there's the treatment of women in Kingdom Hearts 3. Poor Kairi...

Only Final Fantasy VII Remake seems to be getting it right. Why can't FF XVI just go in that direction?

Seriously, I really hope the next trailer shows a female party member. I don't want FF XVI to be FF XV 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
I like her design so I am down for more designs like that but you are saying you rather have bland mc gruffins on his quest to kill Chaos than a female character even if means she has design heavier on fan service? But its not even so much the design as them having a clearly popular recent female character and somehow it leads to no female characters in new FFs its bizarre
no, absolutely not. i would wish for them to have more female leads. They actually had some good female characters in the series (ff6, garnet/dagger, ...) i was just saying that im dissilusioned with current Square and that they would find a way to get the worst take from B2 (sex sells) instead of (people like cool female characters).

the main of FFO is kind of a slap in the face, and has pushed me over the edge: i wont nomura gone. nothing he touches in the last few years seems good to me, his designs since the first versus trailers also got really stale, and ...i just feel like he is an angst ridden edgy teen in the body of a 45 year old men with to much creative fredome.

Status
Not open for further replies.