• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
I just hope there's a party and there are playable women. If there are, I'm reeeeeally happy about this.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely no stunning environments shown so I hope they exist, also disappointed it's not a female protagonist and there's no party?

Still excited though. Seeing the next mainline FF logo felt surreal.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
well, the battle system has me concerned.

For some reason the whole trailer left me pretty cold. I initially thought it was a new XIV expansion...

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Watching the Youtube version and

1) The two characters at the end look to be the same. Facial features match and they both have the same earring.
2) Some of the npcs look Kingsglaive level of depth so it's huge step up from XV's NPCs.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
I felt that the trailer was missing something and now I realized what it was - it does not feature any shots of the world from any sort of larger perspective. FF has always been about the world for me, so that felt really weird. It felt very claustrophobic.

Then again, as long as the game has a good story and is in a finished state when released, I will be happy.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Dialogue and story looked really interesting, so I'm definitely in. But XIV's art direction with stretched body proportions has always slightly bothered me, and visually this looks... Worse than XV?

Are we SURE this isn't cross gen? It certainly looks it. Maybe it's 60-120fps at least?

The stream actually said "Playstation console exclusive" and not "PS5 exclusive" so I reckon this is crossgen. Given that has probably been in development since 2016 or so this is also not surprising. I won't be surprised by a late 2021 or early 2022 release date.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty boy MC making grumpy faces with solo character DMCish action combat.

I guess this is Sqex's revenge for us hating on Lightning back in the day. I miss the days of FF being a proper JRPG.

Guess I'll be getting a PS5 when Dragon Quest 12 is announced instead. lol

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Setting, world and everything is a DREAM come true since I played FF14, holy shit. I hope SE nails the gameplay and story and it will probably be the best Singleplayer FF since PS2.

Timed console exclusive

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
EcCIkT8.png

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
very underwelmed by this trailer

music was meh, the FF15 reReveal was soo much more hype and interesting. this gives me too much witcher 3 vibes -_-

i'm sure this game will be better,

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
The key thing to take away for anyone not sold on it is that you get to look forward to years of FF7R sequels in the mean time if that's what you want instead :P

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Looks less impressive than FF7R. But most of all I hate the character designs. Ugly and generic as hell at the same time. Never have I ever disliked FF designs but this looks like a random anime-ish mmo.

One of the strengths of VIIR was because it had a slum city setting was that it could focus more strongly on lights and color. They also had a dedicated lighting team to help make each location stand out more.

Going for a more fantasy, medieval world is that you're only getting nice lighting in bright skies and magical effects. I think what might be a bigger draw in XVI is the scale of the world, because without question that scale is one of VIIR's weakest aspects.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Another cool Dragoon jobbing in a Final Fantasy game, yep that's Final Fantasy alright.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Art style was pretty bland from what I expected, also seemed like a XIV expansion to me at the beginning. Thankfully, everything else seemed pretty awesome. Wouldn't be surprised if it started as a PS4 project

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will stress something that is a little worrisome in the cast of characters. I really don't want this to be another boy band trip like XV and definitely at the very least need at least one or two women in the party. This is early so we don't know who the playable cast is so I'll wait and see.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
graphics wise it doesn't look that hot but I love seeing them go for a medieval style with this. very refreshing after the last many FF games. hope its good because I want to play this.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
The trailer should have been more focused and showed LESS footage, focus on the setting and reveal a few characters giving them the spotlight... That explosion of random medieval scenery and the countless revealed characters wasn't the best decision.

This is clearly a very different take on the series, but I trust that the story will at least be good.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why you guys are counting out the game not featuring a party because of the reveal trailer... that already showed two different playable characters and a third main character who is a summoner/summon itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.