• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
output04378ab8efc97ef6.gif
I love the atmosphere.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
PLEASE LET THERE BE A FUCKING PARTY.

I don't want this to be a one-man kind of thing. I was kinda afraid that Yoshida wanted this (when he praised GoW/Horizon and promised a game like that from S-E).
Noooooo (if you're gonna do a single-man game, don't make them look like the most boring, milquetoast fantasy MC ever)

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Saw the trailer.

Looks great. Promising. Back to basics for the series and its what it needs. With VII R ongoing, we don't need a modern set FF for a long while.

Getting a big refined Tales vibe from the shown battles and I love it. LOVE it. I hope the story is good, man. Can't wait to find out who is directing and writing it.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
There's gonna be female characters. You guys are crazy if you don't think so. XIV has some of the best females ever.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I think I know what my biggest issue is:
It lacks the epicness of previous FF trailers. Barren lands with Eidolons fighting and square room and area with 1 on 1 fights.

Hope it'll turn around when we see more.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Huh....I'm excited YoshiP is producing
But that trailer was missing the FF magic. Very brown dull graphics, music was good, character models look like this gen, story seems...ok I guess.
And is there only 1 playable character? God I hope there is still a party.

I don't know... maybe it will change through development because while the whole thing looks alright, I am not excited and it didn't make me hype which is not what I was expecting...

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, Final Fantasy in a Fantasy setting. Where's the winnebego, cup noodles, and other garbage?

dharmapolice

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah.. and that's a MMO that receives changes and content after content.

You get a finished SP product for FF 16.
Just like we got a finished product for 15? Multiple uPadres, expansions, DLC, new story content ... come on.

But aside from all that I'm referring to listening to community pre release not after full release. But we will get both

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally, back to medieval themes, integrating old theme music, crystals, and not shying away from some bloody violence.

About damn damn.

Genz

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of meh, but that may be only the trailer because it's as generic as possible (chocobos, summons, cristals, cristals, cristals, prelude, main theme, chorus)
Reassured that Yoshda isn't directing it, though.

At least the jumping morbol is fun.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Glad YoshiP gets a pop at an offline FF, but it looks oddly "budget" in comparison to FF7 Remake and Athia. Its probably a way off, but it definitely looks like a PS4 title currently :/

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
No party is disappointing. I really liked the interaction between the bros in 15, and in general, party system was always there for FF. Not as excited anymore for this, that's for sure. I guess we shall see what happens. Let's hope there are large cities at least.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely more interested in the Yoshida style art and it's actually a fantasy setting but that trailer wasn't great. The 1 on 1 fights gave a Lightning Returns vibe and that's the last thing I want from Final Fantasy.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I think I know what my biggest issue is:
It lacks the epicness of previous FF trailers. Barren lands with Eidolons fighting and square room and area with 1 on 1 fights.

Hope it'll turn around when we see more.
It's just so bland. The pomp and grandness (and production values) that mainline FF games used to have are not there. Even XIII had that, even XV had more personality than this generic blandness. Remove Shiva, Titan and Malboro and I'd never think this was Final Fantasy.

Apr 9, 2019
I'm always willing to give FF a chance to win me over, but this looks a little bland and tropey for a first trailer. Very incoherent too =P . Firmly into wait-and-see territory.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Dialogue and story looked really interesting, so I'm definitely in. But XIV's art direction with stretched body proportions has always slightly bothered me, and visually this looks... Worse than XV?

Are we SURE this isn't cross gen? It certainly looks it. Maybe it's 60-120fps at least?

Status
Not open for further replies.