• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
FF14's story is like a crappy fantasy book. The best way to describe FF14 is Japan trying to copy some poor amateur fantasy writers in the West. This seems to be following that route.

It's like a trollface comic from 2010 in text form lol

The art direction looks a little bland, but I'm absolutely down for this provided the combat system is solid.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
This kid is creeping me the fuck out. The rest of the designs are all good but not this one.
ldsSzak.jpg
Straight outa 2013.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Looked very serious in tone, I liked it. Least graphically impressive reveal on a mainline so far but maybe for once SE is putting that fetish aside for an actual great game.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This basic return to form is exactly what the series needs. And I'm sure there will be plenty of trademark final fantasy weirdness to boot.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
I haven't played a FF game since X and it doesn't look like I'll be coming back to it with this. Looked like another uninspired effort. Oh well.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to get a more Ivalice looking game but man was it kind of boring. Generic even.

Sparkedglory2

Nov 3, 2017
I was not expecting console exclusive. That's crazy. I can't wait to play it though. I love some final fantasy 😂

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Graphically, looks quite worse than Final Fantasy VII Remake (maybe its the dull art direction), but its early.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Hyyyype, didnt look as good graphically as i had hoped but its a new FF and its finally back to medieval setting. Cant wait!

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't like what I saw of this, but I'm sure they have like another decade to work on it so maybe it'll become more interesting.

Crashnburn85

Oct 25, 2017
California
Its almost like everyone is forgetting this is a reveal trailer. Graphics are rough, we can't say with confidence that party members are in or out. It's like everyone forgot what the initial trailers for FFXIII and FFXV turned out to be relative to the final product.

The setting and lore seems interesting to me. Not thrilled with the character design but the monster/summon designs look great. I am eager to see more.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm so confused. Who thought it's a good idea to 1:1 copy the sword teleport attack from XV? Do something new, lol.

And why did it used FFXIV songs?

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Glad that I can play it on PC!... but... uh... I'm not sure I want to >_>

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
This looks so good. This is the game that will make me buy a PS5 (I would've bought one eventually anyway, but I will get one when this launches).

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Looks a lot like FFXIV.
Is the same Engine? Same Team?

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to get a more Ivalice looking game but man was it kind of boring. Generic even

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so confused. Who thought it's a good idea to 1:1 copy the sword teleport attack from XV? Do something new, lol.

And why did it used FFXIV songs?

I don't think anything was straight out of FFXIV. But Soken definitely did some of those songs in the trailer.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Dope, I really enjoyed FFXIV story and can't wait to see what they bring here.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
So they made an offline FFXIV game? Same engine/etc?

Just... didn't have the pomp and circumstance I expected from a mainline FF reveal. Will have to watch again.

Status
Not open for further replies.