• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
If you guys found some bugs or have other issues, report them to the FFXV official twitter, both JP and English. The social media guys always report the online feedback to the devs, and the devs are very open to taking in feedback.

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN
https://twitter.com/FFXVJP

I would suggest doing this when the mod tools come out too and let them know what other mod tools you'd like to see. The technical director/lead programmer said he's looking to see what to add next after releasing the character and level editor and would like for fan suggestions.

Mr. Aramaki:
"WINDOWS EDITION" will continue to be upgraded with MOD support and so on. We will make it possible to play various ways, so please give us your opinion.​

OP
OP
Ishiro

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
If you guys found some bugs or have other issues, report them to the FFXV official twitter, both JP and English. The social media guys always report the online feedback to the devs, and the devs are very open to taking in feedback.

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN
https://twitter.com/FFXVJP

I would suggest doing this when the mod tools come out too and let them know what other mod tools you'd like to see. The technical director/lead programmer said he's looking to see what to add next after releasing the character and level editor and would like for fan suggestions.

Mr. Aramaki:
"WINDOWS EDITION" will continue to be upgraded with MOD support and so on. We will make it possible to play various ways, so please give us your opinion.​
I'll try tweeting this whole thread a them since I've compiled a few of the issues in the OP. Should also tell them that right now the priority should be fixing the after-summoning FPS drop and the memory leak.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'll try tweeting this whole thread a them since I've compiled a few of the issues in the OP. Should also tell them that right now the priority should be fixing the after-summoning FPS drop and the memory leak.
Add in that people family sharing can't download the HD Texture pack because it's set to OWNERSONLY in SteamDB.

MG3

Oct 25, 2017
USA
TRAM on anything above low drops my fps below 60 and unplayable. I can change the ini settings for texture ram to 1024 or 2048 but the texture management still kills my framerate. Im just trying to play 1080p at 60fps on a 970 gtx with 4gb vram. I can set TRAM on low for now but the textures look like ps2 game quality. I can even do a slight overclock on my gpu with TRAM on average and i still get drops below 60 and hitching.

Last edited:

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have disabled VXAO
It's not compatible even with a 1080 Ti, at 4K. The framepacing of locked 30FPS at 4K with everything maxed is unreliable, and it gets below 30 in Chapter 3. Way too intensive. It's great, but it's not worth it.
I find the framepacing way better with VXAO off, both at 4K@30FPS and 1440p@60 FPS (1080 Ti)

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Hit chapter 3 and did notice a performance decrease but not as bad as I was expecting. Before hand I was hovering from 45-55 fps and now I'm around 42-48fps.

Using a 1080ti with a 6700k at 4k with most settings set to the highest.

Side now: Wow chapter 3 really shows how stunningly beautiful this game is. It really is leaps and bounds above the original PS4 version I played.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Yeah that FPS drop after summoning is awful. Can't believe this bug wasn't caught before release. It means I just don't summon at all. However is this just Ramuh or others too?

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In 4k it does yeah. 1440p 1080ti os way more than enough to run at 60fps. I for some reason did not drop perfomance on chapter 3. Only when i applied k's fix did my game go to shit

I can run above 60 with a Titan Xp as well at 1440p, but battles drop to the high 40s and mid 50's. I've got all graphical options on and maxed. I just don't like frame rate inconsistencies. If performance for you did not drop at all then I need some of your secret sauce.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I've set every setting to its lowest and my 1070 can't maintain 60 fps in chapter 3.

I'm hoping there is some bug happening in the engine, because for how bad it looks with everything low I can't imagine why it can't maintain 60 fps.

ASEdouard

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
You guys made me afraid of what was going to happen to performance in chapter 3, but it seems to go well on my side on my 1070/i7 7700k. 1080p. Everything on max except TRAM and shadows on high. Assets On, Turf On and other NVIDIA stuff off. Keeps a steady 60 fps except in some very busy battles where it can drop to the 50s for a few seconds without me really noticing. (I play on my living room TV from pretty far away, hence the 1080p)

Last edited:

ASEdouard

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I've set every setting to its lowest and my 1070 can't maintain 60 fps in chapter 3.

I'm hoping there is some bug happening in the engine, because for how bad it looks with everything low I can't imagine why it can't maintain 60 fps.

That's weird. I keep a pretty steady 60 (1080p) with most things maxed out. Maybe it's a CPU issue in chapter 3? I have a 7700k, so pretty fast.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I can run above 60 with a Titan Xp as well at 1440p, but battles drop to the high 40s and mid 50's. I've got all graphical options on and maxed. I just don't like frame rate inconsistencies. If performance for you did not drop at all then I need some of your secret sauce.
No vxao ..thats all i have off . I had to cap it at 60 even though i have 144

ASEdouard

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Sorry, at 1080p. Also it's an i5 7400.

Strange. I'm not making this up I have a very similar build and it runs well. Maybe the CPU thing is still it even if it doesn't show it going near 100% use. I remember AC Origins running like shit on my i5 4590 before I upgraded to an i7 7700k even if the usage wasn't 100%.

Last edited:

polychron

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know what causes high CPU usage in this game? It's consistently hitting at or near 100% usage on all 4 cores of a i5 6600K @ 4.1GHz, and it's leading to what I think is an audio decoding issue where music played while driving in the car will have a distinctive 'crackling' associated with it. Is there a way to bring down the CPU Load?

ASEdouard

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Does anyone know what causes high CPU usage in this game? It's consistently hitting at or near 100% usage on all 4 cores of a i5 6600K @ 4.1GHz, and it's leading to what I think is an audio decoding issue where music played while driving in the car will have a distinctive 'crackling' associated with it. Is there a way to bring down the CPU Load?

The video Digital Foundry just posted mentioned LOD, Shadows and Turf settings being impacted by the CPU (in part). Maybe I'm forgetting a few others.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a i5 6600k and a 1060 6gb + 16 gigs of DDR4

Can I get 60fps at console or better settings?

ASEdouard

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I have a i5 6600k and a 1080 6gb + 16 gigs of DDR4

Can I get 60fps at console or better settings?

At consoles settings? You're totally fine with 60 fps. Most console settings are at the '"medium"' pc settings (except a few on high for the X and Pro). Also, there's no 6 gb 1080. Don't you mean 8 gb?

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SO... is there a way to set up Ansel with a press of a button on the controller? The share button on the PS4 controller doesn't do anything in the game. Is there a way to map "share" in Big Picture mode?

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I guess it depends which console we're talking about then.

I have the game on PS4 Pro but the frame pacing kills it on the high res and high performance mods.

You can lock to 1080p 30fps but the the Vaseline filter AA kills it there too.

I would be totally fine with sticking to 1080p at console settings if I can get a decent 60.

ASEdouard

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I have the game on PS4 Pro but the frame pacing kills it on the high res and high performance mods.

You can lock to 1080p 30fps but the the Vaseline filter AA kills it there too.

I would be totally fine with sticking to 1080p at console settings if I can get a decent 60.

Not sure enough to answer frankly considering the performance drop people experience in chapter 3. I'm fine, but but my GPU/CPU is a step higher (1070, 7700k, but I do use high/max settings at 1080p).

Oct 30, 2017
Ran into an interesting bug where all the NPC's disappeared. Happened at the worst time too: during a fight with a big annoying mech. I could hear them talking, but they weren't there and couldn't attack and do Tech bar moves. Same applied to Chocobo's. Fast traveling back to my car after the fight fixed the issue, but I thought it was weird.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
SO... is there a way to set up Ansel with a press of a button on the controller? The share button on the PS4 controller doesn't do anything in the game. Is there a way to map "share" in Big Picture mode?

Just use STEAM Big Picture mode to edit the controller configuration for the PS4 controller.

Can you map share to Alt + F2? If not then maybe the touch pad in the middle?

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017

Just use STEAM Big Picture mode to edit the controller configuration for the PS4 controller.

Can you map share to Alt + F2? If not then maybe the touch pad in the middle?

Oct 25, 2017

Really appreciate you keeping them updated, thanks!
Cool!
But...shouldn't we be able to use the workshop, instead of special k? Or does SE have to approve stuff that appears there? Haven't really used it myself other than downloading tracks for Distance, so I'm not super knowledgeable about all that.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU

As Ishiro said, Xpadder. Easy to use, works without any issues. Costs money but is the perfect solution.

Duscae really tanks the fps. Had to scale down to 1440p.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Use multi-button. Don't need to waste money on Xpadder.
485e69e571.png

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm gonna have to cap this at 48 fps and turn some shadows/aa down for now on my 970. Chapter 3 hits hard, especially at 1440p. And I crash whenever my page file hits 20 (!) gigs over the course of about 90 minutes. I hope they optimize this thing, because the game itself is way better than I thought it was going to be, but it's just not there yet.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I cant get special k to work with Reshade. Thats after renaming the reshade files to d3dll.dll. Is the special K mod worth it that much?

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
TRAM on anything above low drops my fps below 60 and unplayable. I can change the ini settings for texture ram to 1024 or 2048 but the texture management still kills my framerate. Im just trying to play 1080p at 60fps on a 970 gtx with 4gb vram. I can set TRAM on low for now but the textures look like ps2 game quality. I can even do a slight overclock on my gpu with TRAM on average and i still get drops below 60 and hitching.
You definitely need to be looking at other things with your setup, as there's no earthly reason average should be giving you any performance difference.

Low disables texture streaming (as you've seen), so it's not something you want to play the game with.

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm working to see how to squeeze out a locked 60 @ 1440p with the following:

i7 6700k 4.4GHz
GTX1080 8GB OC (2100MHz GPU Clock and +500MHz to Memory Clock)
16GB RAM

I'm running into dips below 60, usually with camera movement in the in-engine cutscenes/dialogue. I've got shadows and lighting to Average with most other settings bumped up to high (TRAM is at high). Terrain Tessellation is off. Gameworks is off. AO is off, VXAO is on. Not using the High Res Pack (can't find the space on my SSD, it's only 256GB)
Using the framelimiter at 60 in SpecialK. Game limit is set at 120.
I get framepacing issues too, which I thought the SpecialK framelimiter would resolve? the graph from SpecialK seems to be fine in places but starts going nuts in others (returning to hammerhead from exploring seemed to do it). Almost like the frame limiter bugs out.

Looks like I may have to turn VXAO off which is unfortunate, it looks pretty nice.

Anyone with similar hardware getting results they're happy with?

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Couple of times now I've had black screens after loading. once when going to a Parking spot and again when I tried Ignis' Episode. Just hangs and i have to manually exit the game. Annoying.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not even bothering with Turf, and the Duscae region looks breathtakingly good with high assets and highest Lighting on.

The framerate drops to like 45 in some places but I barely even notice because it looks so fucking good. The grass density is actually comparable to the Turfworks, but it actually sways with the wind.

The Turfworks grass deformation is really nice though.

Last night was also the first time it rained at night.

Prompto's Starshell + nighttime + rain is where this game's engine really shows its merits