• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
$20 is a bit steep considering the price of the other DLC, but since it's the expanded Dark World I'm good with it.

Old Cor means we're totally getting Iris the Daemonslayer too, I can't wait

As much shit as most folks gave the game. I feel like most people that finished the game really liked the final chapter, I hope the new stuff doesn't fuck with the pace/story of that too much.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I just realized. This will is the big 2018 update and there doesn't seem to be any hint of borrowing anything from Comrades (aka magic system)

That's too bad. Hell, the game is perfectly set up for you to bring your dude from Comrades into the new content.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I just realized. This will is the big 2018 update and there doesn't seem to be any hint of borrowing anything from Comrades (aka magic system)

That's too bad. Hell, the game is perfectly set up for you to bring your dude from Comrades into the new content.
Oh right :/ Never say never with FFXV though, lol. Who knows what else they're adding this year. The magic system is such wasted potential still. Hope they've been considering it and are aware of the feedback especially after Comrades.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh right :/ Never say never with FFXV though, lol. Who knows what else they're adding this year. The magic system is such wasted potential still. Hope they've been considering it and are aware of the feedback especially after Comrades.

Yeah, it looks like FFXV will be getting updated through at least the middle of 2019 at this rate. Kind of crazy thinking about it like that.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they won't retcon the story much to accommodate the new extra dungeon. I mean, Comrades kinda dampened the melancholy and tone of the Chapter 14 Intro for me. Seeing a whole army ready to fight for Noct kinda makes the loneliness and desperation of the Chocobros in that final scene hit less.
To me this looks like it's back at hammerhead. So before Noctis heads off to the final dungeon, he gives that big speech, and then that is the prompt to allow your player created avatar to become a party member. That's something Tabata talked about doing and so far Tabata has fulfilled every promise. It's just encouraging that that feature looks like it'd be implemented by March.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DTpBoHLVMAATngI.jpg

WE GOT BOXART

OMG

Oct 25, 2017
Posted this in the other thread, but...

So, who is the woman floating behind Noctis at the end of the trailer? It's definitely not Shiva. Is it Luna? Somehow I doubt it.

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Posted this in the other thread, but...

So, who is the woman floating behind Noctis at the end of the trailer? It's definitely not Shiva. Is it Luna? Somehow I doubt it.
Pretty sure it was Luna. Bottom of the staff looks the same as hers. White Dress, Sylleblossom petals.

Inb4 it's Ardyn playing one of his pesky tricks again though.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
My god...for a second, I thought the dude at the end of the trailer was that motherfucker from Kingsglaive...Dratos? Draughtos? Now I see it's Cor lol.

Geez...Cereberus, Omega, and a Kings of Yore fight?! This is insane, and Im so glad theyre expanding the end portion of the game.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
The first thing people have to mod is to replace Young Noctis with Punished Noctis for the whole game (maybe beard-less early-on though for a better transition to the later part).

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Another adventure in getting glitches. This one being my favorite one that I've gotten.
I mentioned this on my second run where the battle music audio glitched out in Insomnia and Somnus became the battle music. Least, in this small subway area. It does stop in this clip, though in the longer version of this it comes back on, but it's hard to hear, so I went with this section where it's easier to hear it.

(Non-embed link).

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Another adventure in getting glitches. This one being my favorite one that I've gotten.
I mentioned this on my second run where the battle music audio glitched out in Insomnia and Somnus became the battle music. Least, in this small subway area. It does stop in this clip, though in the longer version of this it comes back on, but it's hard to hear, so I went with this section where it's easier to hear it.

(Non-embed link).

Get your own ava.

EDIT: Somnus should've just played throughout the whole area even in battles, yeah. Always loved it in FFs when the moody music from a cutscene just kept playing in the following battle, e.g. in FFVII at the end of CD1.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Get your own ava.

EDIT: Somnus should've just played throughout the whole area even in battles, yeah. Always loved it in FFs when the moody music from a cutscene just kept playing in the following battle, e.g. in FFVII at the end of CD1.
What if I like that picture too though?

Changed it back to the previous one I had to avoid any confusion.

It really should have. I actually thought it would be playing throughout the whole area when I first got there, but alas it didn't.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I want the first mod to be for someone to add a "Expanded Universe" selection in the main menu that will take you to a sub menu that will let you watch Brotherhood and Kingsglaive! :D

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
The Ravus fight is one of my favorite moments in Episode Ignis... and probably any FF game. It's so flashy and awesome and meaningful. I love it.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, there was an extended version of the Big Bang artwork Amano did on display at the FF 30th Anniversary exhibition in Japan.

DT5sOwvU8AEmhv9.jpg:large

And portraits of Regis, Ignis, Gladio, Prompto and Noctis and Luna too.
DT5rSXIU0AAHegu.jpg:large

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, there was an extended version of the Big Bang artwork Amano did on display at the FF 30th Anniversary exhibition in Japan.

DT5sOwvU8AEmhv9.jpg:large

And portraits of Regis, Ignis, Gladio, Prompto and Noctis and Luna too.
DT5rSXIU0AAHegu.jpg:large

The right half of the Big Bang one looks better, imo. Is the whole image related to FFXV?

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The right half of the Big Bang one looks better, imo. Is the whole image related to FFXV?
I have the slight suspcion that it was meant for Versus and then went "fuck it" and used it for XV, changes and all.

I want that picture of everyone in the throne room for my wall.

Edit: Is that Gilgmesh in the lower right corner of the big bang picture??? :O

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have the slight suspcion that it was meant for Versus and then went "fuck it" and used it for XV, changes and all.

I want that picture of everyone in the throne room for my wall.

Edit: Is that Gilgmesh in the lower right corner of the big bang picture??? :O
I keep hearing that it was made when it was Versus, but the Regalia design used there is the same as the actual design in the game which only came into existence around 2014, previous to that they just had that other non convertable car when it was Versus. And yeah that looks like Gilgamesh too, Odin also, but I distinctly remember Tabata saying in 2015 that they had no plans for Gilgamesh being in the game, they only made plans for that like mid 2016 when they started planning the DLC.

OP
OP
Koozek

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I keep hearing that it was made when it was Versus, but the Regalia design used there is the same as the actual design in the game which only came into existence around 2014, previous to that they just had that other non convertable car when it was Versus. And yeah that looks like Gilgamesh too, Odin also, but I distinctly remember Tabata saying in 2015 that they had no plans for Gilgamesh being in the game, they only made plans for that like mid 2016 when they started planning the DLC.
Well, that's what was said when they revealed it:
Square Enix has shared the short video shown at Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV depicting series artist Yoshitaka Amano's take on the game's universe.

Created over 10 years ago, the artwork is titled "Big Bang" and has been brought to life and animated in a 3D style. If you look closely you can see elements such as the traditional Final Fantasy summons, the city of Insomnia and the car – which have been carried over from the Versus XIII days.

Source: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/...nal-fantasy-xv-artwork-brought-to-life-in-3d/