• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

This asshole.

He is literally the reason behind Ardyn being a tortured immortal. He has Noctis die for really no good reason IMO.

And yet nothing happens to him in the end.

It felt like everything was just for shits and giggles for Bahamut.

Unless I'm missing something here?

What are your guys' thoughts on this? Do you guys like this?

(Makes me wish the DLC's weren't cancelled :( )

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I finished this game. Who the hell is this and what did he do again???

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you talking about Bahamut OP? The real villain is Somnus/The Mystic.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ardyn ended up becoming evil in the end anyway, but man, his past self got done so dirty.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Is this spoilers for the Ardyn DLC? Because I don't remember this info from the main game

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I loved this game and yet I don't recall anything about this at all, lol.
I just remember Ardyn's whole backstory being super weird and confusing but no specifics whatsoever come to mind.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
That's an interesting point.

Bahamut lives inside the Crystal, and in the Ardyn anime we see that the Crystal originally chose Ardyn as king, but then when Ardyn's brother backstabbed him and turned him into a demon, the Crystal rejected Ardyn, even though Ardyn was still good at heart and Ardyn was only trying to heal everyone in the kingdom while his brother just wanted to burn them alive.

Ardyn's tale is basically that of Jesus, only in this case, Jesus is arbitrarily rejected by God. And all of the conflict that follows is a direct result.

FFXV has such great lore. Great game, too.

Water

The Retro Archivist
Oct 30, 2017
Kinda lame if you're spoiling the unreleased DLC otherwise no know knows what you're talking about

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
He's saying that Bahamut is directly responsible for everything that goes wrong in the game. He's not wrong but Bahamut's allegiance has always been to Eos and human lives are not held in regards by the Astrals save Shiva. He created an elaborate plan to contain and destroy the Starscourge and despite the terrible costs on certain humans, he did succeed in the end.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man all this lore and jack shit of it is properly explained in the game. It keeps on dissapointing. And weird ass way to spoil new dlc apparently OP?

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I beat the game like a few months after release so maybe what your talking about was added later or I missed it completely lol

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Can someone be a hero and recommend the best way for someone to experience the changes made to the story if they beat it within the first five months of it's initial release?

I really loved my time with FFXV. The story had very poor pacing, strange and obvious edits and a very sudden final chapter that felt somewhat unearned. Despite all of that, the game was an absolute joy for me to play through. I loved exploring the world, I enjoyed the interactions between our boy band of main characters, even though some found it repetitious-I enjoyed the hell out of the battle system and I zipped around completing almost every minigame and sidequest. The music, the graphics, the fishing (I don't know what's wrong with me)- I loved it.

So how can I revisit the more complete version of the story without having to play the entire game from scratch?
Because like most folks in this thread, I have no idea who that person is.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how the Ardyn DLC plays out, but if Ifrit is the source of the Starscourge and if he gave Ardyn some control over it, then maybe Bahamut was playing a long game where 1) Ardyn heals the people and becomes a demon, 2) Ardyn strikes a deal with Ifrit in exchange for his Starscourge powers, and then 3) Bahamut and the other Astrals support Noctis to destroy Ardyn and the source of the Starscourge in the afterlife.

Still seems like Bahamut was unfair to Ardyn, though, if he was just a sacrificial lamb in all of this. Same for Noctis.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What? I hate FFXV sometimes, what could have been a simple story is told in the most mind boggling complex way possible across multiple pieces of media and constant changes to the main game through different patches adding different story elements.

Anyway, the bad guy is Cactuar, always is.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like how there are multiple people asking about who this is and what they did in regards to the plot of XV, yet nobody has explained it despite various people here saying they have played, beaten and loved the game. Nice.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Can someone be a hero and recommend the best way for someone to experience the changes made to the story if they beat it within the first five months of it's initial release?

I really loved my time with FFXV. The story had very poor pacing, strange and obvious edits and a very sudden final chapter that felt somewhat unearned. Despite all of that, the game was an absolute joy for me to play through. I loved exploring the world, I enjoyed the interactions between our boy band of main characters, even though some found it repetitious-I enjoyed the hell out of the battle system and I zipped around completing almost every minigame and sidequest. The music, the graphics, the fishing (I don't know what's wrong with me)- I loved it.

So how can I revisit the more complete version of the story without having to play the entire game from scratch?
Because like most folks in this thread, I have no idea who that person is.

Wait until they release Final Fantasy XV king of kings edition on ps5/Xbox two

Will contain all dlcs, patches, ardyn anime , etc

/s

Also that's Bahamut in the OP, I think the OP is confusing him with Somnus/The Mystic who pretty much screwed Ardyn as shown in the Ardyn prequel anime ONA released last week or so - I recommend watching it cause it fills in the gaps of what Ardyn was saying and his motivation at the final battle

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't have idea who he is but it look way cooler than Ardyn.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
it was always in the prophecy that the final king must sacrifice himself to end the starscourge but I dont think Bahamut MADE that requirement unless this is something in the new DLC

I finished this game. Who the hell is this and what did he do again???

It's bahamut. He's part of the VERY LONG CUTSCENE RIGHT BEFORE THE TIME JUMP

If you missed him then you weren't paying attention. This was all in the game at launch

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
For those curious on Bahamut:
Bahamut resides in an otherworldly realm accessed from within Insomnia's Crystal, a magical stone the kings are sworn to protect until the coming of the True King. On the cover of the Cosmogony books, Bahamut is depicted giving the Crystal to the Founder King. Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ardyn – Prologuedepicts that the Oracle already had the power to commune with the gods before the Astrals had delivered their decision on who to crown king: Ardyn Lucis Caelum, the venerated healer of people, or Somnus, Ardyn's ambitious but ruthless younger brother. Bahamut appeared to Lady Aera, the Oracle, from the Crystal. She parlayed the gods' choice to Somnus, who appears to have betrayed her and Ardyn by instead declaring himself as the chosen king. When Ardyn sought confirmation from the Crystal, he was shunned by its light due to having absorbed the Starscourge into his own body to save others and Somnus became the Founder King as he had declared.

In Episode Ardyn, during Ardyn's attack of Insomnia, Bahamut appears to aid Lucis, calling Ardyn by his true name and demanding him to halt. Ardyn responds by coldly telling him he does not intend to kneel before Bahamut now.

A power greater than even that of the Six, purifying all by the light of the Crystal and the glaives of rulers past. Only at the throne can the Chosen receive it, and only at the cost of a life: his own. The King of Kings shall be granted the power to banish the darkness, but the blood price must be paid. To cast out the usurper and usher in dawn's light will cost the life of the Chosen. Many sacrificed all for the King, so must the King sacrifice himself for all. Now enter into reflection that the Light of Providence shine within.
—Bahamut to Noctis

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Venat already did it back in Final Fantasy XII when the party destroyed the Suncryst, thus ending the Age of Stones and giving mankind control of their own fates!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how the Ardyn DLC plays out, but if Ifrit is the source of the Starscourge and if he gave Ardyn some control over it, then maybe Bahamut was playing a long game where 1) Ardyn heals the people and becomes a demon, 2) Ardyn strikes a deal with Ifrit in exchange for his Starscourge powers, and then 3) Bahamut and the other Astrals support Noctis to destroy Ardyn and the source of the Starscourge in the afterlife.

Still seems like Bahamut was unfair to Ardyn, though, if he was just a sacrificial lamb in all of this. Same for Noctis.

WAS Bahamut unfair to Ardyn, though? It's more that Somnus fucked everything up by being a selfish piece of shit.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is this spoilers for the Ardyn DLC? Because I don't remember this info from the main game
Man all this lore and jack shit of it is properly explained in the game. It keeps on dissapointing. And weird ass way to spoil new dlc apparently OP?
The DLC isn't even out yet y'all. Unless I'm missing something, there aren't spoilers for it yet.

And yes, fuck Bahamut. The suffering/misery of Ardyn, Aera, Noct, Luna, etc. could and should have been avoided.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
We should not need DLC to understand what the hell this is.
The game explains that Ardyn was forsaken and not made the first king of Lucis due to Ardyn absorbing the starscourge from the people of Eos in order to save them. Don't need DLC to understand that.

Last edited:

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
This thread alone confirms why this game is shit. People don't even know who the villain is or their motives lol.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
No idea who that is and that's why I consider the game garbage, even after all the DLC. What a poorly put together game.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
This ain't spoilers from the ardyn's dlc,just op doing a poor job at explaining his/her point of view.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Played and finished:
FF tactics
FF3
FF4
FF6
FF7
FF8
FF9
FF10 & FF10-2
FF12
FF13 & FF13-2 & LR
FF 15

I remember the story of all FF's except 15, even though i finished it last. I know that its developmemt is fucked up due to delays and change of directors, but the one responsible for the final story in its final state should never come near a FF anymore, or any AAA game in general.

As for the info in the OP, never heard or remember anything about this.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when you finished a Final Fantasy game and it had a satisfactory and conclusive ending rather than make you question whether or not you actually finished the game and make you lament that you won't have DLC to give you proper closure?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when you finished a Final Fantasy game and it had a satisfactory and conclusive ending rather than make you question whether or not you actually finished the game and make you lament that you won't have DLC to give you proper closure?
Yeah, I had that feeling in early December 2016 when I finished FFXV. I was looking forward to the DLC, but didn't feel that it was necessary. Still don't, even if the extra content has helped the story become more fleshed out.