• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Well deserved. The story is a mess but I still very much enjoyed my 90+ hours with Final Fantasy XV. LOVED the battle system, and Yoko Shimomura's soundtrack was, as always, just divine.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
That doesn't look like a lot when you compare it to XIII, which didn't get any DLC, nor a movie, nor a re-release.

I guess any numbered FF is able to pull off those numbers with the right amount of marketing, huh.

Oh no not 81 how will they ever recover from such devastatingly terrible reviews?!?

Get over yourself.

Did you know there's a middle ground between amazing and terrible? Crazy, I know.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think SE is more receptive to criticism than most think. XIII-2 addressed a ton of complaints even though XIII sold great and
Oh no not 81 how will they ever recover from such devastatingly terrible reviews?!?
had crazy awesome mega reviews (83), XV was patching in story and trying to improve other aspects, KH3 is launching a DLC that is a laundry list of some of the biggest complaints, etc. They're surprisingly on the pulse, even if their solutions aren't always the best. Like I mentioned earlier, their messaging about the upcoming Luminous Productions game is very clearly trying to say it won't be delivered in a similar state to XV.

Samawati

Sep 15, 2019
I guess any numbered FF is able to pull off those numbers with the right amount of marketing, huh.
Considering the absolute barrage of advertising, crossovers, product placement, and sheer volume of expanded materials, I guess it's not surprising.

I hated the game and couldn't bring myself to get all the way through it a second time even after they let you be a black person, but from my understanding, it was pretty well-received regardless.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
More like, if there was any other JRPG series that was AAA (apart from KH I guess), it would have done much worse than it did. It had no competition.

I guarantee you VIIR will at least double those numbers when all is said and done.
I mean if they release it in seven parts across two or three console generations...maybe it could do 18 million...

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I liked this game.
But honestly I can't stand anything about it.
The setting, the fragmented story, the characters, it does nothing for me.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
More like, if there was any other JRPG series that was AAA (apart from KH I guess), it would have done much worse than it did. It had no competition.

I guarantee you VIIR will at least double those numbers when all is said and done.
I mean, that's not saying a lot given how big Final Fantasy 7 in particular is.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Lowest rated mainline FF since reviews started getting aggregated=Amazing reviews?

OK, pal
Emphasis on "since" they started getting aggregate reviews, which has been less than half of them, so that's not a good point at all.
Besides, that, the definitive Edition of XV not isn't the lowest, even if it were that'd be like downplaying an A- by saying it's the worst grade on an otherwise all A report card. The point is moot. And that's all while disregarding the fact that it's one of the top four best selling games in the series. The only "ok" you need to give is to yourself if three years later you're still in denial in the critical and commercial success of this game.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Well deserved sales. It'll hit 10 million once those rereleases start either next gen or 2 gens from now. You haters will look back fondly on it after FFXVI comes out and once again "kills the franchise"

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
That means it's the 4th highest selling in the Franchise right? Great news. Now announce FFXVI you bastards!(j/k don't announce till you're ready and can ship it in 1 year after reveal).

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
So second biggest
FF has been growing over the last decade
FFVII remake is a shoe in for >10 mill
FFXVI should do 9 mill

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Like someone posted earlier, game had so much potential. I still enjoyed it but it was rough in some story areas.

I look forward to ff16 on ps4 and hope they have a good director to keep it focused from beginning to end.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Just bought episode Ardyn for $5.....been waiting to play it and I keep hearing its an absolutely amazing piece of DLC

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't look like a lot when you compare it to XIII, which didn't get any DLC, nor a movie, nor a re-release.

its going to be the 3rd best selling game of the franchise, you can spin it however you want.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Good for Square but not for me... Because this sends the message XV is on the right track which is unfortunate to me since that's not the direction I want the series to follow. Hopefully, VIIRE sells more than XV because that seems the right track to follow.

FRS1987

Oct 31, 2017
New Jersey
It wasn't bad but it also wasn't what i wanted from a final fantasy game. I did enjoy it and had fun but it is flawed and isn't something I'd go back to again

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Good for Square but not for me... Because this sends the message XV is on the right track which is unfortunate to me since that's not the direction I want the series to follow. Hopefully, VIIRE sells more than XV because that seems the right track to follow.

SE intentionally gives FF to different development teams to make every game different, regardless of how successful the previous game was.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It had its issues, but overall it is one of my favorite games of the decade with the best soundtrack of the decade. I had such a great time with it.

Glad to hear it sold well.

Terandle

Oct 27, 2017
It was fine. I remember when FF games used to be such incredible experiences that nothing else could compete. Sigh. Well at least they seem to be on an upwards trajectory from 13 so hope they can continue that direction.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
There were parts of the game that I enjoyed, but ultimately it's not the FF game I wanted.

Oct 25, 2017
How anybody can sit here and be mad this sold well because it'll "send the wrong message" like they gonna make a 15 all over again after playing ff for this long is wild
8 was nothing like 7, 9 went and wen medievil and the main protag a damn cat tail, 10 was completely different, 11 was an mmo,12 felt like a mix between an mmo and 10, 13 was a entire different ball game, 14 an mmo and Ffxv action like....all of these sold well and none of them are really the same. It's fear mongering at this point

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Wait until the remake comes

giphy.gif

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I am actually replaying FFXV right now, first time since launch. It's a really great game warts and all. Happy to hear it sold well.