• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Fifteen years? They could make two brand new mainline Final Fantasies in that time. I'd rather they focus on those.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Games that are remastered are usually ones that stand the test of time. This game couldn't even weather but a mere moment.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I want them to focus on new games in the series.

We're already going to have to wait who knows how long for XVI because of a multi-part FFVII remake.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you OP, it's a fantastic game and rightly deserved it's top 10 slot in that years GOTY awards on our forum. :)

Deserved better than what?

It's not like the story warrants a remake and the game itself was to be a remake I'd like it on the scale of Resident Evil 2.

But then the story isn't great in Final Fantasy XV so what would be the point?
The story itself is pretty good in FFXV, the delivery is the issue at times.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
The OST was amazing. Everything else was fairly forgettable.

This game will never be remade.

Nov 5, 2017
Right there with you, OP.

Seeing that Verum Rex nonsense in Kingdom Hearts III only makes me appreciate the XV we did get all the more.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I kept waiting and waiting for this game to be 'finished'. I waited myself out of playing it. I've read enough to know I'd hate it anyway, so it's off my list. Plenty of other games to play. Looks like I'm gonna be waiting a loooong time to play another FF. Last one I played was XIII-2, which was horrendous.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This game was so close to being good. But you can tell they compromised in a lot of areas... the Leviathan fight was a tragedy.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give this game something and that is that last conversation between Noctis and crew was great, the rest of the game I don't want to remember. I would rather play FFXIII than this 100 times over and thats saying a lot since before XV, XIII was my least favorite final.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll add my name to the list of people who enjoyed it. I beat it before dlc and patches. Chapter 13 I think is the one that gets hate and while it was flawed and linear, it was nearly as bad as many said

I didn't care about noctis and friends at the beginning but by the end I really liked them

Loved the road trip vibe

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
The game is fine as is.

They clearly needed more time to finish it, but SE wanted it out. I personally had a blast.

The game did extremely well, was reviewed well and the general consensus is that it's a good game. Now I look towards FFXVI and 7Remake.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I really liked the game, and wouldn't mind a remake down the line, though I don't feel like I need one now.

Say what you will about the plot, the development of the cast up to and including the very last scene, and the single line that ended the game, struck me very hard.

I was bawling like a baby at that point but it's not something I usually talk openly about..
I also liked it.. It has flaws but the gang was great :)

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I don't think it needs to be remade. I'm with you that it's one of my favourite games, but a big part of what that game is it's flaws. Like Kingsglaive is *essential* to understanding the game imo, and unless you try to Gameify the movie or just have a forced two hour cutscene idk how you can fix a lot of it's problems

It's a very good game and deserves better than all of the drive by "lol it's bad, it's only half a game" posts it always receives

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I think the writing was on the wall ever since Nomura left the project honestly. not to act like a nomura-stan or anything, but it was originally his project conceptually from the beginning. Once it changed hands to a new creative mind and became a simple matter of SE making Tabata force it out under any means necessary as fast as possible regardless of what had to happen for that to work, the path was clear(this includes the movie, anime's and such having to even give context for events)

It was easy for me to see at that time FF15 simply becoming a well polished failure in SE's eyes, a mess of concepts that the development team had no real control over and the higher ups had no intention of having them pull together in a creative whole. Tabata leaving and the DLC's being canceled only proves this to me.

And for me, its just as well. I beat FF15 once and unlike FF13, have absolutely no desire to go back to it ever again. And my guess is that is true for SE.

It made tons of money for SE, but if we had known this to be the case...back when Kotaku first noted the cancellation of Versus, that's i would have been fine with that being the end of it, rather than rebooting it as FF15.

Fedeuy

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
that anyone says that the battle system is any good, let alone great, just baffles me.

Tremis

Oct 29, 2017
AAA game syndrome. Spend all you time making something look good but without anything interesting under the hood.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I would take a XIII remake over XV honestly, despite disliking both of them equally.

One of the biggest flaws for XIII is the fact that the game rarely pushes you to utilize the battle system to its full extent, outside of end game content.

The base system is solid and fun, it just gets old. XV is just a bad system all around that is all flash with no substance.

Also, I didn't like the story in XIII either but outside of pacing issues and undercooked villains it is at least more competently told. XV is just a train wreck in that department.

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather they pump out mainline FF games while using Unreal 4/5/6. I mean that's the issue with their newest games: it takes too long because of the engine they create every time.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think XV is the type of game to ever get a remake. What needs to be redone in XV is its story, not really the game parts of it. It's a beautiful, functional game and we're getting to the point where there isn't much more up to go in that department; it's gonna hold up visually for a long time. And no one is gonna go back to it years later just to fix its mess of a story. It took so long for the game to finally come out, there's been a ton of turmoil and development hell surrounding it, and now they've gone and dropped the planned DLC stories. It's clear they're done with it. As much as I would LOVE to see XV's story get reworked, it'd just be more beneficial for everyone if SE spent the time on other projects.

XV was a disaster they somehow managed to cobble together into something successful enough, and it's a shame it's not as great as it clearly could have been with more time, but XV has too tainted a reputation around it to be worth risking going back to in the future. The game is what it is at this point.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Best ff game in the series by far. No whiny characters, no weird laughs, no dumbass haircuts, on PC it looked phenomenal.

Yes, it has flaws, but it's still a great game. We need a mod that integrates the episodes seamlessly into the game and we're set.

I hope the next ff MMO puts some more love in the graphics engine, FFXIV is starting to look dated

Deleted member 22587

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Providence, RI
Not to detail the thread, but I think DQXI showed that you can stay true to a formula while simultaneously improving it. FFXV missed its chance to stay true to its roots and instead they opted to go for a more westernized version of a Final Fantasy. Hopefully, FFXVI will go a more traditional route.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
OP, you definitely aren't in the minority's, it's one of the most successful entries in the franchise and was generally very well reviewed. The Era bubble is just a real thing, and people like to be overly dramatic. It's a fantastic game, and the perception of a couple hundred people here mean nothing

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
The game was a huge hit, but it also just came out like two years ago. You're going to get a "remaster" version for next generation consoles, but don't get your hopes up for a remake so soon lmao.
They best we can hope for is that they add additional content like hard mode to the next generation console port.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Yes it should be. It's a great final fantasy

It baffles me when someone says it's bad.

can we not be contrarians please, thousands of pages of critique have been made about FFXV's shitty combat, being like "I'm mystified! It's never been explained to me!" at this point is just shameless and desperate fishing for replies, which you got, congrats.

Even more so now that KH3 is out and once again makes FFXV's combat look like it was slapped together in a game jam where the only rule is you have to make it out of spite.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
It was fine. Ready to finally move on to XVI though. Noctis was cool. Let him have pride of place in spin-offs and Kingdom Hearts.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I would like a version where I don't have to fight at all or remade into turn based. The battle teleporting mechanism is tedious beyond the first hour and is all flash.

Deleted member 36086

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Hooray, my FF XV therapy support group is growing.

I loved the game too OP. One of my favorites this gen.

Facts: Polls place FFXV in top 5 favorites of all time, it sold almost 8m in only 2 years making it one the best selling in the series, and has over 50% completion rate. People here talking smack are just stuck in the typical era bubble.

lizqoris

Oct 28, 2017
Graphics, Animation and Soundtrack is the only good thing about this game.

All flash no substance.

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I loved the game too OP. One of my favorites this gen.

Facts: Polls place FFXV in top 5 favorites of all time, it sold almost 8m in only 2 years making it one the best selling in the series, and has over 50% completion rate. People here talking smack are just stuck in the typical era bubble.
This is awesome to hear. Haters gonna hate I suppose.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Love the game, tons of fun. As story is never important to me in a game (as it shouldn't be, gameplay should always come first in a game and the best game stories are the same level as a B-film), I loved phasing around and fighting all the cool monsters. Music was great too. I want more of that world.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can we not be contrarians please, thousands of pages of critique have been made about FFXV's shitty combat, being like "I'm mystified! It's never been explained to me!" at this point is just shameless and desperate fishing for replies, which you got, congrats.

Even more so now that KH3 is out and once again makes FFXV's combat look like it was slapped together in a game jam where the only rule is you have to make it out of spite.
I'm not being a contarians. He's saying he's bad I disagree and think he's wrong. You may not like it but that doesn't make it bad, just like XV. You may not like it but that again doesn't make it bad.

I don't think it needs a remake though.