• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love how that ad is the cheeriest official thing I've ever seen made for FFXIV and it's advertising the darkest expansion in its history.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goals for today : get the level 70(I'm 69 with my astrologian) finish 4.0, focus on the patches.
Should be easy enough.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So how does early access work? I dont remember how it was with SB, will people play with the new changes with the rest of people?
Yeah, the early access people will be on the same server as non early accessers, its just the people who don't have early access cant access Shadowbringers content until the official release.
How does early access work? I bought the digital code from amazon. Did I mess up?
If you pre-order anywhere I'm fairly certain that grants you early access. You gotta register a special code though.

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
I need help from SMN's out there. I got smn to 60 and have not played it since i took Ninja to the end of HW and SAM to the end of SB (currently rolling RDM and leveling BLM) I wanna get SMN to 70 to see which of the 3 mage classes i want to roll for ShB

But man, when i started looking at rotations last night, my head was spinning. I remember ruin 3 and 2, i remember dots and tri disaster and fester, but everything else hurts my head. I know its changing next week but id like to give it a shot. Are there any guides that beginners can use?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
KjVOfKX.jpg

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I need help from SMN's out there. I got smn to 60 and have not played it since i took Ninja to the end of HW and SAM to the end of SB (currently rolling RDM and leveling BLM) I wanna get SMN to 70 to see which of the 3 mage classes i want to roll for ShB

But man, when i started looking at rotations last night, my head was spinning. I remember ruin 3 and 2, i remember dots and tri disaster and fester, but everything else hurts my head. I know its changing next week but id like to give it a shot. Are there any guides that beginners can use?
The "rotation" is complicated, but only if you look at it that way, if you do it as a priority system it gets a lot easier. This guide explains the basics of how to play SMN and what to do, rather than say "here's the 60skills you should be casting in a 2mins rotation". https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HzHDRWtvsMsWzH9ivbcFVEHAbPgfC3nhp4y0TrCa0qg/edit

Mostly it's about keeping your dots up and always using aetherflow asap, and how you do that is by simply making sure you spend 3 aetherflow a minute(mostly on Fester for single target) and you want to minimize actually casting the dots in favor of Tri Disaster and to that end, you often want to dump Festers on cooldown if your dot are over halfway done, so you can dreadwyrm trance to reset Tri disaster and get a free refresh.

Mind you, the full optimization is probably not needed with the skills changes coming in a week, so you should mostly look into the basics. Keep you dots up, spend your aetherflow, use Bahamut properly, the perfect optimization of when exactly you do stuff can probably be left out, especially Contagion related stuff since that's fully being removed.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If people are just now getting to level 60 and want to play ShB when it comes out then they really have no choice.
Yeah, but again, it's not going anywhere and I really doubt that if you are just now hitting 60 that you will reach 4.56 by next Wednesday night

And honestly, missing the Early Access nightmares that are MSQ quests is a good thing. You'll also be able to start Gunbreaker and Dancer immediately so you can go through Stormblood's story as one of those.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but again, it's not going anywhere and I really doubt that if you are just now hitting 60 that you will reach 4.56 by next Wednesday night
While that's true, it's still technically possible -- especially with the exp earring and duties that now have echo and other QoL things. But most people that hardcore are likely already ready @ 70.

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
The "rotation" is complicated, but only if you look at it that way, if you do it as a priority system it gets a lot easier. This guide explains the basics of how to play SMN and what to do, rather than say "here's the 60skills you should be casting in a 2mins rotation". https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HzHDRWtvsMsWzH9ivbcFVEHAbPgfC3nhp4y0TrCa0qg/edit

Mostly it's about keeping your dots up and always using aetherflow asap, and how you do that is by simply making sure you spend 3 aetherflow a minute(mostly on Fester for single target) and you want to minimize actually casting the dots in favor of Tri Disaster and to that end, you often want to dump Festers on cooldown if your dot are over halfway done, so you can dreadwyrm trance to reset Tri disaster and get a free refresh.

Mind you, the full optimization is probably not needed with the skills changes coming in a week, so you should mostly look into the basics. Keep you dots up, spend your aetherflow, use Bahamut properly, the perfect optimization of when exactly you do stuff can probably be left out, especially Contagion related stuff since that's fully being removed.

Thank you! that does help. Maybe i need to remember my old rotation just to get back into the swing of it, then adjust

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How does early access work? I bought the digital code from amazon. Did I mess up?
It depends, on Steam I got early access by preordering there and registering my preorder stuff(earnings and minion), but I think if the code is for the SE store, then SE will email you a code.

You have to register everything on mogstation though, there will be a o in the column next to "Shadowbringers early access" when you successfully enter it.

Last edited:

Medica II

Alt account
Banned
Jun 14, 2019
Ugh, one week until launch and I still have no clue what role to level first. I need to find a group ASAP, but it sucks that 95% of groups recruiting are Aether. Primal typically has less raid activity but the usual subreddits and discords are way more barren than usual.

if anyone knows a midcore group (clear before week 10 at the latest) looking for more hit me up please, I play everything except BLM.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I actually took the free transfer over to Crystal I used to play on Balmung and it wasn't horrible but the people can be strange and I do remember alot of parties when I was tanking where the dps wouldn't aoe.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, one week until launch and I still have no clue what role to level first. I need to find a group ASAP, but it sucks that 95% of groups recruiting are Aether. Primal typically has less raid activity but the usual subreddits and discords are way more barren than usual.

if anyone knows a midcore group (clear before week 10 at the latest) looking for more hit me up please, I play everything except BLM.
Primal has plenty of groups going recruiting, what discord servers have you checked? I just looked on Primal FFXIV server and found 3 LFM ads posted today, Primal raid network and saw another one posted, and then the FFXIV Savage recruitment discord saw 3 posted on Primal today. Also Aether and Primal have virtually identical raid clear numbers

It's also still 5 weeks until raid arrives

Last edited:

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur

have you check www.ffxivrecruiter.com discord?
its a raidgroup finder discord

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
It depends, on Steam I got early access by preordering there and registering my preorder stuff(earnings and minion), but I think if the code is for the SE store, then SE will email you a code.

You have to register everything on mogstation though, there will be a o in the column next to "Shadowbringers early access" when you successfully enter it.

Found it in an e-mail, thanks.

Oct 26, 2017
The OP from that thread I posted made an update.

It turns out it was from a phishing site in a fake twitch stream. It captures the info you put in then they DDoS you so they can get into your account while you're offline.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I know, I'm saying the same people have been doing it for months.
Oh yeah, I report it everytime it pops up. They got smarter at it too, originally they tried to pass as devs and were showing off trailers and stuff but then they started imitating known streamers and showing VoDs of the streams so you can't tell right away it's not the person(well other than the fact they have like 5k viewers instead of 1k and that the chat is entirely dead).

Edit: Looking at twitch, they're actually up right now. I guess they might have gotten smarter with the viewbotting too since it's only 1k now, a realistic amount. They still say they have 5b+ gold to give though, which is a ridiculous amount even for streamers.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, it took me until the final cutscene with him to realize it as well! Just the way he familiarly refered to the WoL.
Zenos would be the most epic Vegeta-style character of all time if he ends up fighting alongside you at one point. He clearly thrives on seeing the WoL fight, and they share a common enemy(if the Ascians remain an enemy, I suppose). If Trust characters didn't depend on their canonical availability, future Zenos Trust would be pretty amazing lol

edit: clearly I'm feeling nostalgic for XI's Trust system where literally anything could be a character

I feel like
Gaius
will be our Vegeta. I mean, at least a Piccolo (I hope).

Last edited:

Marnie

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
FAED ZRED 4UCT X3D5 WK4Q

Here's a code for that Amazon mount if anyone wants it. I don't play FFXIV.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
Wish I could redeem that in the UK. Gotta wait will they tie it to a magazine subscription or a order of certain SE games at certain retailers...

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed one this morning. It being $15 with free shipping, I kind of couldn't resist even if I just keep a mint one as a memento. Currently use the phone app.

I have two. My FFXI one, which I use for FFXIV, but I also have the one that came with the special edition of 1.0. But I figure if my FFXI one is probably starting to die, that 1.0 one won't be far behind.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have two. My FFXI one, which I use for FFXIV, but I also have the one that came with the special edition of 1.0. But I figure if my FFXI one is probably starting to die, that 1.0 one won't be far behind.
Wow, I didn't realize the XI one worked for XIV, that's wild! And having the LE 1.0 one is pretty cool!

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Shadowbringer edition security token is now available for pre-order.

I'm still using my original FFXI one, which is now over 10 years old. Think it's time to upgrade.
Yeah, I'm still going with my FFXI one, and I've thought about it dying a couple hundred times the last few years. Still going, but I don't know what I'd do if it stopped working. I've long thought about switching over to the app/software token.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm still using my original FFXI one, which is now over 10 years old. Think it's time to upgrade.

I use the one from the 1.0 Collector's Edition. I bought it at a Gamestop for $10 just so I could use its security token with XI for the extra inventory space. It's starting to act up. I've got to press it pretty hard for it to give my code. I bought a new one last month before the Shadowbringers key was announced. I just haven't swapped it over on my account yet.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still using my 1.0 one. I kinda want the new one just for the design.

Status
Not open for further replies.