• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
Unless they change the structure of their 4 hours preview live letter I'm not expecting much on that front. It's the third cycle of this stuff, we'll learn just how the jobs work with the preliminary patch notes just like the last 2 expansions. At least the job action trailer will be exciting!

We also learned quite a bit from demos shown during that time. Although they were based on 'older' code the actual changes from that and live game weren't all that different, those demos should still give us an idea on where they are planning to go with the rebuilds. I will say I wish they had been willing to go into more details on where they want to go with some of the much needed jobs. Stormblood they talked about the ability culling and changing of the subskill system to role skills and were even given a preview of what that might look like, this time we got nothing besides the TP and MP merging and that again abilities would be removed or merged to try and keep the overall buttons you had to the press the same when combined with new level cap ones.

ebi

Oct 25, 2017
We also learned quite a bit from demos shown during that time. Although they were based on 'older' code the actual changes from that and live game weren't all that different, those demos should still give us an idea on where they are planning to go with the rebuilds. I will say I wish they had been willing to go into more details on where they want to go with some of the much needed jobs. Stormblood they talked about the ability culling and changing of the subskill system to role skills and were even given a preview of what that might look like, this time we got nothing besides the TP and MP merging and that again abilities would be removed or merged to try and keep the overall buttons you had to the press the same when combined with new level cap ones.
If you're talking about the press event later on, that's true. I'd pay close attention to what the content creators say because even though some of the info was flat out incorrect, the overall feel of the jobs didn't change at all from the press event to the actual release (ie: everyone was saying BRD was amazing and WHM has a pointless lily system). The actual live letter though sucked massively in terms of useful info.

I might sound like I'm all doom and gloom but I'm really not expecting much change. Once again, the TP removal is probably not the huge balance thing people think it'll be.

I'm just crossing my fingers as hard as I can to see the jobs that really need it fixed and that they'll settle on something regarding tank stances and aggro generation since that's something they said they were looking at. I'll repeat myself, but they also need to show some form of basic DPS rotation with the healers as it's very unlikely that they'll be changing the damage patterns from the encounters, and they need to keep healers engaged somehow if they're expected to be spending that much time casting damage spells. It's basic stuff but it's been neglected for far too long.

edit: from Mr Happy's interview (text version)
When looking at this history of healing jobs. Making strong balance between three jobs it has been tough. With three its been tough, so with a 4th the balance might get even worse. Instead of doing this, we want to prioritize balancing them better this expansion so we didn't want to add a new healer at 4.0 or 5.0. We really think we need to restructure the way healers are handled. We can't keep this strict division between pure healer and barrier healer.
This is actually quite interesting and it's sounding like they're really trying to re-think how they approach the healers.

Last edited:

scy

Oct 25, 2017
I might sound like I'm all doom and gloom but I'm really not expecting much change on the battle system front. Once again, the TP removal is probably not the huge balance thing people think it'll be.

I'm just crossing my fingers as hard as I can to see the jobs that really need it fixed and that they'll settle on something regarding tank stances and aggro generation since that's something they said they were looking at.

Just wanted to lump these two together since #TankMain view on it. I'm hoping any resource change means some real, tangible things to the Paladin and Dark Knight resource systems. Their general dynamic relied on a resource they don't care about besides their gimmick (Holy Spirit, Dark Arts) so they're some of the few jobs actually changed by any sort of changing of resources available. I'm trying to remain from being too hopeful since ARR->HW->SB being what it is but I'm at least looking forward to seeing what they do with this freedom they suddenly have for some re-design space.

Which ties in with the next bit there too. I like pushing damage and all as a tank but at some level they really need to just revamp the entire defensive system entirely. We will always end up in a world where we're min-maxing anything not increasing damage so I hesitate for super heavy handed things like tying tank stances to cooldowns or aggro generation solely to tank stance but they really have yet to get anything quite right here. Well, unless you consider WAR's super fast opener for rotational reasons as being a legit reason for the longest tank stance use in any fight. I also really hope they just end up with us on VIT or VIT+STR instead for damage, but that's also mostly out of being tired of pentameld BiS.

This is actually quite interesting and it's sounding like they're really trying to re-think how they approach the healers.

I'd like to be optimistic but it's pretty easy to be a little wary at this point since they're pretty good at saying the right things without necessarily doing the right things.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I managed to get my last three million exp on BRD and do my level 70 job quest. Now I need to buy gear for it. I dread it, but I'm going to have to go back to Anemos. I want to make my BRD and WHM AF3 dyeable, but I don't have enough crystals.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I heard JP is having a sale right now. Sadly NA doesn't. It's pretty shitty that you don't get any experience once you hit lvl 50.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/b5iaqt/ffxiv_mrhappy_interview_w_yoshida_from_tokyo_fan/

Text version: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x30qZohmIc-18urZVcePILzOXdbUt_AnUd8GTvPw4uI/edit

Some choice quotes:

Especially for FF14, we have many symbols of power or strength such as Highlander and Roegadyns. We wanted something more animal like. Its not that we wanted to create a wild west of characters, but we do need a good variety. So the simple answer is: Viera was sought after so we had to add those. To expand the game and its options, we also wanted to add Hrothgar.

Short answer is we haven't made a decision on that. The reason why we can't say for sure. We need to optimize our work flow with the existing races and the new ones. After that, perhaps we do the other gender. But we don't know right now.

We did consider Male Viera instead of adding an extra race, but we tried to take player feedback on adding a more beast like race as well as the strong desire to receive Viera. We did expect strong feedback on the gender lock. It was a tough decision, but we decided to do our best to meet both the player feedback and our development team's vision. It will be very costly to add a new race or genders. So I won't say no, but I would not like to set expectations high.

When looking at this history of healing jobs. Making strong balance between three jobs it has been tough. With three its been tough, so with a 4th the balance might get even worse. Instead of doing this, we want to prioritize balancing them better this expansion so we didn't want to add a new healer at 4.0 or 5.0. We really think we need to restructure the way healers are handled. We can't keep this strict division between pure healer and barrier healer. Something needs to change here so we can maintain good balance. Thats the main reason we didn't have a healer. First priority was to add a 3rd ranged, then a 4th tank while we balance the healers better.

Edit: Oh, linked above. Oh well.

Last edited:

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks a lot for such a good detailed response.

I was basically planning on emulating the other tank(s) and just go from there haha. With trials I worry cause there are soooo many trials that you can get from that roulette so its very hard to prepare for them. It does help that I already know them as a healer, but tank specific mechanics I just don't know very well.

At 60 the alliance raid roulette opens up and I always wondered what the hell so many tanks do in those 24 player raids, I'm hoping those do give you a bigger margin of error. The 4 player dungeons don't worry me so much, people usually point out if you're messing up and I've run so many so many times that I feel more confident in tanking those.

The thing about the story trials is they're not mechanically complicated. Or at least you're not going to be put into a situation where YOU MUST SOLVE THE PUZZLE OR DEATH like with any of the Savage fights out there. Worst comes to worst you fail a mechanic and you get a Vuln stack. There aren't very many situations that'll auto death a tank. And if somehow it does your co-tank will probably provoke or ultimatum and start aggro comboing to establish hate.

To go on with the basics. You'll be in sword oath unless there's nothing but Paladins. TL;DR WARs are the best at pulling because they can cancel their DPS debuff in tank stance followed by DRKs.

24 man raids are like LFR raids in WoW. I wouldn't worry about them unless its like the first week because people aren't overgeared and the mechanics are still fresh (And they LOVE to introduce new mechanics in 24 man raids.)

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Potentially lots of rewards tomorrow.

We usually get something nice at the end of the MSQ
Might get something nice at the end of Hildabrand
Something for the beastribe finale

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
WHM has a pointless lily system

This is one of the things I hope gets touched on. WHM lily system rewards bad play. Seperating Divine Benison from it seemed like the admittance from SE side that lilies didn't work out.

If they go through with that and let WHM's and SCHs swap between shielding and healing then we'd be getting two pseudo specs for them.

Either that or all healers will be able to shield and heal as needed. Which uh, I probably won't be as excited for.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
One of the disadvantages of gender locked races is that discussions about it will pop up at times. And especially so close to the reveal.
I have more of a personal issue with the personal attacks those two have been using against each other but like ppl were saying the same shit when FFXIV 1.0 came around and they added a female Roe NPC with Merlwyb and eventually we got female Roes and Male miqote with the relaunch of ARR. I fully expect the same shit with Viera and Hrothgar.

If not then I'll grab my own pitchfork and torch.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
[QUOTE="DrForester, post: 19226442, member: 590"
Might get something nice at the end of Hildabrand
[/QUOTE]

I haven't even started the Stormblood Hildabrand quests. I don't even know where they start at.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I'm still doing the vanilla Hildibrand quests hah.

That shit was amazing. It was my cosplay in 2014.

34.jpg

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been finally playing the Omega storyline, though gear locked at Alphascape now.
... I kind of wanna get that Alpha plushie now.
... dammit, it is marketable!

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
MSQ is first when the game is back up. I neeeeeeeed it. I wanna see what questions are gonna be answered, and what'll be left dangling for Shadowbringers' launch.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
Listening to some of the new music and Soken just keeps getting better and better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItY4mNnRnsU

And I can't make out a single word of what's being sung -- please tell us that Koji has some new languages in the works!
Really, it should be a massive problem for Eorzeans to communicate with people who are literally from another world. Don't gloss over what should be a language barrier, as they did in Kugane. I can't think of a way to handle it that would make the millions-strong player base happy, and I suspect they will do something like Kugane, where the characters all communicate just fine but there is a writing system full of other-language stuff to find.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Mr Happy's interview makes me more hopeful for encounter design, healer, and tank balance in the future. They're finally (publicly) acknowledging how being stuck between pure and shield healers are limiting their encounter design and balance.

Also cautiously optimistic on their words on how they're restructuring tank balance with the addition of a 4th tank. I'm optimistic it'll be good though, especially with how they've stressed DRK is getting a rework in 5.0.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Got my DRK to 63. The Kojin tribe quests are great experience everyday but I want to make sure I still have an easy way to level up Gunbreaker when it releases. Once I get my DRK to 70 I want to farm for the Warpanther mount and then once that is complete I guess I'll have to try the same for the armoured version though that will be more difficult since I'm not used to tanking yet.

I really don't buy the excuse that they were deciding between female Viera or female Horthgar especially since Hrothgar just finished before the fanfest while Viera were done by Paris.

I think the most obvious answer is that Viera were the more demanded race but because other groups were complaining about there not being enough beastial options they added Hrothgar and resources made it so that they couldn't afford to do both genders. The decision to make the two genderlocked races stereotypes of their respective gender is still intentional and I think it's purely because of female viera.

So basically everything I said was correct in regards to why they didn't add Male Viera.

I said the tantrums take away from valid concerns and criticism. ME TELLING SOMEONE TO F**K OFF OMG HATE SPEECH IN MY MMO compared to "I believe x is x because x" is massively different.

My issue comes from the fact that pretty much every level of complaint is being lumped together as a tantrum or harassment. The most vocal group of complaints are the people expressing disappointment and yet it seems the extreme side is being propped up as representing all.

I do care to a degree or I wouldn't whittle into the conversation or bother to respond to you. I don't care in terms of "it doesn't affect me" because it simply doesn't. I've wanted female viera for ages and I was planning on playing it. I'm excited for it.
This part is confusing. You care about the topic enough to respond and comment but all you're saying here is the one thing you wanted you got and the rest that doesn't affect you doesn't bother you which would be the controversy currently being discussed.

Devs also kind of skip over posts that are overtly aggressive. This has happened recently with EA and Anthem, the CM said devs stopped responding because people just shout at them. No one deserves to go to work and do their job and shift through aggressive or angry messages. People can be critical without being an asshole - there are people who are acting like assholes because the game is doing/designing something different from what they wanted. And honestly, if that's how they act when a VIDEO GAME does something they don't like, I'm happy for them to leave. I'd rather people explain in great detail and time why they think something is bad, over just screaming.
I'm not disagreeing with you about this. I don't see anyone defending people who have threatened or harassed(and I mean ACTUAL harassment not the label used for criticism) the dev's and Yoshi. This is why I'm pointing out how overblown posts are suggesting threats and harassment are the most vocal group which is just not true.

Just because lore isn't an excuse you accept, or they've changed their feelings about it in the past, doesn't invalidate their reason here. They have said it's becuase of lore and time restraints. They wanted ot introduce a well loved and wanted race but also wanted to introduce a beast-like race that people have also been calling for. They decided this was the way to do it. Doesn't mean they're right but that is their "excuse" so people claiming there is "no excuse" need to relax a tad.
Lore is not an excuse when it is convenient. If the creators can ignore the lore they have established time and time again to do what they please then I see no reason as to why lore is suddenly a counter to male Viera being added especially since the lore already established them as existing

Male Mi'qote were just as rare as Male Viera in the lore which meant they were not playable originally. Due to backlash they added them so no, lore is horrible excuse especially when the exact same situation already happened.

Development is expensive and difficult and time restraint. FFXIV is starting to become an older MMO, which means less money is going to be thrown at it by SE compared to a new game. We need to be realistic about it.

Is it fair? Fair is a strong word. It feeeeels bad from a player customisation point of view, yes. Unjust? No.... ofc not. It's a video game. The correct way to do it? Not really if I was in charge but I'm not. It might be that the reality is that making races is just really fucking expensive and they have their budget for the next few years planned out and they had to be real about it. Same reason about healer balancing. Time and money. FFXIV is sold heavily on being a story FF as well. They are focusing on that a ton (hense the trust system).
The problem is the way they have went about this entire situation.

If the reasoning is resources and time constraints then be forward with your players rather than acting coy over a reveal you knew went against the actual demand. At Paris they were questioned constantly about Male Viera and instead of just saying Male Viera aren't happening they led people on knowing that excitement was there only to switch and introduce another genderlocked race. All of that plus the sexist introduction of Viera is where they went about this all wrong. Would there still be backlash? Of course and I won't deny that but what made all of this so much bigger was how poorly everything was handled.

I agree with this but I am also aware of the popularity, numbers of people, and how many are actually going to pick up a Hroth. We have to wait and see tbh. People are linking female Ronso designs who are also scantily clad and sexualised as well. *shrugs*
I mean there is going to be different expectations all around. The nice thing about customization is the option should be there for all kinds of appearance. I personally would love to make a female Hrothgar that just looks like a walking lion or wolf rather than add all the more human aspects to it but I fully understand others love the idea of a more masculine female beast race but still keeps some of the more human facial designs.

I don't misunderstand at all. There is a subset of people who are ANGRY (actually angry) that DNC isn't a healer. I know a lot of people are more upset about hte lack of healer job (I'm gutted but not upset) but a lot of people were mashing about DNC not being a healer because of a leak confirming they were.
All of those people angry are all saying the exact same thing which is healers got ignored again. It's expected that DNC as Ranged DPS will be criticized because the expectation wasn't that DNC specifically HAD to be a healer but that it was the most likely scenario for getting a new healer. When that didn't happen people were upset because the chances basically sunk with that announcement and then recently confirmed that a fourth healer isn't happening.

I don't think it's worth discussing DNC being DPS criticism on it's own because the majority of the discussion is still mainly about the lack of a fourth healer job and not that the Dancer job isn't healer specifically.

We haven't. I have no idea where this mindset has come from? I've seen posts that say not having male viera is homophobic. That's INSANE to me.
Maybe people don't notice these posts as much if they agree with the "core" of them. Maybe I'm more up to date with posts before they're getting moderated? Everywhere I go, discord, Reddit, forums etc people are losing their collective shit with some interesting dialogue in between. There are also a ton of irritating posts from people asking those to shut up as well.
I have been following Reddit, ERA and the official forums and what you're claiming is being written constantly is not happening. Have some people called the decision homophobic? Yes though I have also seen many point to Yoshi's comments about Male Viera which do seem slightly homophobic but more sexist and I think that is completely fair to discuss without being labelled extreme. Should the entire company/dev team be called homophobic? Of course not and I don't think the majority are saying such things.

I have been watching a vocal group on both Reddit and XIV forums claim the outrage has gone too far and people are sending death threats yet whenever asked to supply these posts as examples suddenly everything is being deleted. Is it possible that maybe the small amount of posts you did see aren't reflective of the actual bigger discussion happening which is why most calm posters aren't seeing this as a serious issue?

I think the sad thing is that people arguing with people who aren't going to change their minds. I have no intention of changing anyone's mind with my post. I don't expect yours to get changed either. It's just sad people crying about transphobia and sexism where I think it's misplaced.
I don't really understand how discussing the sexist aspects about Viera and the way they have been handled is misplaced but obviously this isn't something we will agree on. I don't think pointing to FF XII as an excuse for sexualization when the fact of the matter is this race is still being designed for XIV's world specifically and this doesn't mean they needed to be revealed the way they were. I don't know what else can be said when the trailer showing them off focuses on their ass and tits, start off in Frans outfit which is a thong and bra and then when shown more of them they get used for Dancer which also sexualizes them in the artwork.

If I've ever disagreed with design decisions in an mmo, I've simply just quit.
If that is how you personally handle matters then go for it. I think as paying customers who obviously are passionate about this game we have a right to voice our criticism and hope for change. People saying they will quit are hoping for a speak with your wallet approach and yet this attitude is looked down upon when it's by far the most respectable way to show a company something isn't acceptable.

With that I'm not really going to discuss this whole thing any further. If you respond I'll probably bring it over to the main thread since I don't like bloating up this thread more when we have an entire topic going through this. Plus the patch is coming soon and I really want to see and discuss how this whole thing ends lol

Last edited:

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017
I have been following Reddit, ERA and the official forums and what you're claiming is being written constantly is not happening. Have some people called the decision homophobic? Yes though I have also seen many point to Yoshi's comments about Male Viera which do seem slightly homophobic but more sexist and I think that is completely fair to discuss without being labelled extreme. Should the entire company/dev team be called homophobic? Of course not and I don't think the majority are saying such things.

I have been watching a vocal group on both Reddit and XIV forums claim the outrage has gone too far and people are sending death threats yet whenever asked to supply these posts as examples suddenly everything is being deleted. Is it possible that maybe the small amount of posts you did see aren't reflective of the actual bigger discussion happening which is why most calm posters aren't seeing this as a serious issue?

To be frank, I have seen some of what Lauren is saying myself. Specifically, on the FFXIV Forums. I've posted how in 12 hours roughly since the fan fest, the Moderation team over on reddit, involving members of other mod teams, has had to perform over 1000 mod actions on these issues.

In the FFXIV forums I have personally witnessed the dev team getting attacked and things like Lauren has been saying directly on the forums. The thread in question reached about 7-9 pages before the Moderation team on the NA General Forums deleted the thread. And likely banned the user as the user was directly attacking the Dev team and making statements along the lines of what Lauren was saying. Though, they were framing their arguments in the name of Social Justice in pretty much every single post, and were openly calling the Dev Team sexist, etc, in their attacks. Which is against TOS for FFXIV.

Some of what Lauren is saying is happening. It's just that the moderation teams on the sites are banning users and striking posts and entire threads due to the sheer hostility of what went down post fan festival.

I would argue that is why some of the challenged material is not surfacing. It vanishes too quick due to moderation. I myself was reading the thread I mentioned this morning trying to get a feel of people's various opinions and takes on the matter when the next thing I knew upon hitting next page, the forum told the thread didn't exist. And since I was in reading mode, I didn't think to get screenshots.

It is happening. People are being way too hostile about this. And a bit....much, in my opinion. I feel like the way Mr Happy, and Work to Game have addressed the issue and discussed the matters are a far more civil and natural way to do so. And I wish more people would follow suit.

When FFXIV started, the community was very nice, and very warm and caring. Over time, as the game has gotten more popular, the community as a whole has gotten incredibly hostile in many areas and ways. So I am not surprised to see much of the nature being cited, especially having seen it myself on the lodestone na general forums.

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
I posted a polite but firm statement of dissatisfaction in both the anti-gender-lock petition posts on the official forums and Liked the OPs in those threads. I think that is the best way to communicate to the devs if anyone is looking for a way.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
When FFXIV started, the community was very nice, and very warm and caring. Over time, as the game has gotten more popular, the community as a whole has gotten incredibly hostile in many areas and ways. So I am not surprised to see much of the nature being cited, especially having seen it myself on the lodestone na general forums.

The community has always been this hostile. This is just the first example of us getting something that no one quite expected and not one was really on board with from the get go.

Just instead of the dissapointment being with a niche group (PvP, Lords of Verminion, raiders) it affects the entire base.

I mean the last time a dust off like this got kicked off was after the whole 4.1 housing debacle.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
So Yojimbo finally got added?

I wonder if we will get his dog as a mount.

Edit: ohhh Yojimbo barding is neat.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
HELL YEAH MONEY THROWING EMOTE.

e597114c5473edae40f259a45abe138f4d2a46e6_6.png

The Bowl of Embers (Normal) and The Bowl of Embers (Hard)
  • When Ifrit becomes immune to damage, he will now receive Invincibility status. Additional effects from weapon skills and enfeeblements can now be applied.
Quite frankly this was over fucking due.

Seems like you can't over DPS and skip ex primals now.

Edit: Also 10% echo on Alphascape woooo.

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
They finally are allowing phase skipping for ARR EX primals that wouldn't originally like Ifrit and Leviathin.
Its also the fanfest fight. Its pretty fucking legit.

And definitely a step up from the joke that was proto ultima.
I should check out a video to see what it is like compared to the dungeon version.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
They finally are allowing phase skipping for ARR EX primals that wouldn't originally like Ifrit and Leviathin.
I had to read it to make sure and no. The primals will go legit invincible after they hit an HP threshold. I don't know if this means that they'll go invincible and nuke you (Considering the hellfire adjustment on Ifrit Ex this will still one shot you)

I should check out a video to see what it is like compared to the dungeon version.
DON'T. THEY ARE NOTHING ALIKE AND THERE IS A HUGE SURPRISE TO IT. DON'T SPOIL YOURSELF.

LIKE I AM NOT SAYING THIS AS A GO IN PURE SORT OF THING. THERE IS A FUCKING GOOD ASS HILDIBRAND TIER MOMENT IN THERE DO NOT SPOIL THIS FIGHT FOR YOURSELF GO IN BLIND.

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, why is EU and JP getting sales but NA is just dead silent.

This sucks.
I feel the same way.

I really enjoyed my Twitch trial and want to move on to Heavensward and Stormblood so that I'm somewhat caught up when Shadowbringers hits, but I feel like if I buy now I'm just going to regret it when the sale hits soon. It has to be soon, right?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
That Namazu head piece is creepy. Ultros has Chicken Chan. Now she can have a partner called Fish Chan.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I feel the same way.

I really enjoyed my Twitch trial and want to move on to Heavensward and Stormblood so that I'm somewhat caught up when Shadowbringers hits, but I feel like if I buy now I'm just going to regret it when the sale hits soon. It has to be soon, right?

I sure hope so. I don't know why SE don't let customers buy Shadowbringers and have access to the old content beforehand.

Even more infuriating is that I don't get any xp on my lvl 50 job. So right now I'm just waiting for a sale. If they let me store the xp but block the leveling, I can at least finish my lvl 50 job quest and complete my 50 relic weapon for the glamour.

Deleted member 20850

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have more of a personal issue with the personal attacks those two have been using against each other but like ppl were saying the same shit when FFXIV 1.0 came around and they added a female Roe NPC with Merlwyb and eventually we got female Roes and Male miqote with the relaunch of ARR. I fully expect the same shit with Viera and Hrothgar.

If not then I'll grab my own pitchfork and torch.

They moved from that to extreme dimorphism with aura to gender locked races. There is no reason to believe they will give us female hrothgar or male viera with the current direction unless the backlash is massive.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hope that last MSQ ends in a dramatic and lengthy cutscene, especially with their only being 2 MSQ in this patch. One of my favorite moments of ARR was watching that last set of cutscenes leading into HW, so hoping for something similar.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
Crazy prediction given what we know about the Source and the First and the other alternate worlds: remember in FFV how there were two worlds that had been separated, and (plot spoilers for a 20+ year old game)
they eventually reunited.
I'm hoping that the end of Shadowbringers has
the First physically connected to the Source again with us being able to freely roam between the two. It will never happen because the whoe game is in a time bubble, but it sure would be a fun development and a nice throwback to a great old game.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
They moved from that to extreme dimorphism with aura to gender locked races. There is no reason to believe they will give us female hrothgar or male viera with the current direction unless the backlash is massive.
I don't exactly how the logic of 'They went from extreme dimorphism with au ra to gender locked races therefore no male viera/female hrothgar' works out.

Both Viera and Hrothgar are being released in a dissapointingly unfinished state with the fact that most headgear either simply not display or be extremely liable to clip. Eventually down the line this issue is going to resolved with the 5.x update series and once this is done then perhaps we'll catch a glimpse of a male viera.

I personally wouldn't expect it for another two expansions down the line considering the makeup work they have to do with the races they're introducing now.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Crazy prediction given what we know about the Source and the First and the other alternate worlds: remember in FFV how there were two worlds that had been separated, and (plot spoilers for a 20+ year old game)
they eventually reunited.
I'm hoping that the end of Shadowbringers has
the First physically connected to the Source again with us being able to freely roam between the two. It will never happen because the whoe game is in a time bubble, but it sure would be a fun development and a nice throwback to a great old game.
I thought the same however I would imagine trying to merge both Lakeland and Mor Dhona into a single zone would be a fucking nightmare.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
Fiye, did they say that the First zones are in the same exact locations? Maybe they could have them in opposing hemispheres or something like that., reversing north and south.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Fiye, did they say that the First zones are in the same exact locations? Maybe they could have them in opposing hemispheres or something like that., reversing north and south.
They could, but you also have the fact that both share a landmark: The Crystal Tower. So both would have a point of reference to build off of and I still don't think it'd work well. The world is still affected by the abundance of light so I don't think a rejoining will occur prior to us heading to The First.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
The world is still affected by the abundance of light so I don't think a rejoining will occur prior to us heading to The First.

I was thinking of it happening at the end of the 5.0 story as everything is brought back into balance. Unlikely but I still hope something like this happens.

ebi

Oct 25, 2017
My group was too bad to kill Yojimbo during the fanfest, maybe I'll have my revenge this time.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Solus is controlling Varis now based on that final shot with him. I can't think of anything else it might have meant and the expression was similar.

It's weird still having no idea what the broad strokes of the expansion are besides going to the First and the turn to darkness but it's pretty exciting.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Ienjoyed the set piece fight, but this really wasn't an ending.

Nothing really changed, everyone went back to their home lands. Tons of dangling storylines everywhere. Shadowbringer is to finish up Stormblood's story, I guess.

Though, nothing was said at all about Hien, Lyse and Yuguri, but it doesn't feel like anyone died. Good to see Aymeric and The Count again.

Status
Not open for further replies.