• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I can't speak for anyone else, but I genuinely enjoyed watching some of their prog through the Eden raid series, so it's kind of disappointing to potentially learn it wasn't actually blind.
I watched some of the prog too but I just can't seem to truly care, not enough to watch a full video about it. If it wasn't fully blind then okay, whatever. I don't think he himself was that particularly entertaining and I wasn't planning to watch him for this tier's prog cause I don't think he could compete.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Max can be insufferable. Which is why when echo came in, it was a breath of fresh air. Roger, scripe, and fraggo are all lovable dudes.

The biggest take away about the Max drama is just how many fucking times he repeated himself about no matter if they did it blind or not, there would be people who say they weren't. The amount of times he harped about it on his own and guest streams absolutely felt defensive to me, as I was so addicted early on.

I think there was a chance he would have done this truely blind had he actually managed to get a full Limit team he's worked with before, but his hodgepodge of WoW players of VASTLY different skill levels probably put the cobash on that thought as he didn't want to prog for weeks with players he has since ragged on.

Last edited:

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
This is the perfect time for and amount of silly raid/community drama. Can watch some fun clip dissections and reactions, then it'll all be forgotten when EW comes out.
I'm actually surprised at how little drama is going on in the community, unless I'm missing something. It's been mostly wow streamers coming in that's been talked about.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
If you want drama, Sodapoppin started playing and immediately got pulled into GM jail to change his name cause he named his character "drater yag" (read it backwards).
He can GTFO of this game.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
I've watched the video 3 times.

I think the E9S clip is debatle because it was obvious to me that walking on the cloud would slow it because of how World of Darkness works. and when he walks over it, it slowed down.

However a lot of the later clips in the video were pretty spot on. The limit break and refering to the sword as a plural and knowing it was going to move before it moved.

I really hope it's not true and that he's just... really good at guessing but I feel I'm giving him too much of a benefit.
I dont think he did world of darkness, he boosted.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
If you want drama, Sodapoppin started playing and immediately got pulled into GM jail to change his name cause he named his character "drater yag" (read it backwards).

Yep, he's a complete asshole.

On the Max note: who cares if he "cheats" or not. What's not cool is the repeated harassment he's gone through from the XIV community and some of his team, such as Nagura, have been harassed too.

Spreading conspiracy theory level videos is just encouraging the harassment.

Whether or not they cheated and didn't go blind ultimately doesn't matter, they still gave the game exposure and drew in new players, and they certainly paid their dues on each boss in terms of time it took to progress.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
With 3 days left until maint, do I have enough time to do the last bozja relic step from scratch? 180 +15 items..

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
With 3 days left until maint, do I have enough time to do the last bozja relic step from scratch? 180 +15 items..
it's not not doable

you can probably hit up the 180 raids relatively fast as a healer, and then it's just a matter of spamming hell's lid for the rest

but also why would you hurt yourself

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
I saw that. And yeah, another WoW player. Why can't ffxiv players have their own drama. (i'm aware of the current golden joystick award for the game)

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I was a fan of Max but wow if this is true.

Now calling it cheating is stupid, but why fake blind prog? It does absolutely nothing to help you. Nobody cares if you do it blind or not, but don't be disingenuous about shit like this. I would've liked to give him the benefit of the doubt, but those clips are pretty damning tbh.

I had my doubts before. Echo peeps are more enjoyable anyways. Hope they'll be back soon for e12s

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
Max can be insufferable. Which is why when echo came in, it was a breath of fresh air. Roger, scripe, and fraggo are all lovable dudes.

The biggest take away about the Max drama is just how many fucking times he repeated himself about no matter if they did it blind or not, there would be people who say they weren't. The amount of times he harped about it on his own and guest streams absolutely felt defensive to me, as I was so addicted early on.

I think there was a chance he would have done this truely blind had he actually managed to get a full Limit team he's worked with before, but his hodgepodge of WoW players of VASTLY different skill levels probably put the cobash on that thought as he didn't want to prog for weeks with players he has since ragged on.

I actually really like Max (ego can be entertaining) and am glad he started playing and sad how much grief him and other WoW players got from Boosting (people need to get over this boosting stuff, MSQ is alright but it's not the only reason to play FFXIV).

I think I'm just disappointed because it's obvious to me that he is very capible of working it out blind and clear it no problem - so if it's true, it feels kind of sad. But the last few examples in the video are pretty damning.

I'll still watch and enjoy his content though.

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I saw that. And yeah, another WoW player. Why can't ffxiv players have their own drama. (i'm aware of the current golden joystick award for the game)

The XIV community has plenty of drama, just everyone would rather focus on the WoW players coming in for whatever reason.

Drama within the community includes/included:
- Work To Game platforming a Nazi
- Xeno being banned for being toxic as fuck and encouraging harassment (he's a bit better now it seems)
- Jesse Cox platforming an accused abuser who tried to silence victims (ItMeJP)
- Extreme toxicity on The Balance Discord server

Just no one really talks about the above anymore because something something evil WoW players playing XIV something something.

Honestly, anyone who truly cares about the Limit Max situation but doesn't care about the above gets a massive amount of fucking side eye from me. Especially when they've just been trying to enjoy the game and have ran into a whole bunch of toxicity and harassment, first for the level boosting drama and then whether or not they are truly "blind" on these fights.

Who the fuck cares, they are driving in awesome new players and are pretty low on the totem pole in terms of game drama.

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns Around Ableism and Homophobia

Or, maybe, we stop policing who can and cannot play FFXIV?

Seriously. If you don't like Soda, that's totally fine. Just don't watch him

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, he's a complete asshole.

On the Max note: who cares if he "cheats" or not. What's not cool is the repeated harassment he's gone through from the XIV community and some of his team, such as Nagura, have been harassed too.

Spreading conspiracy theory level videos is just encouraging the harassment.

Whether or not they cheated and didn't go blind ultimately doesn't matter, they still gave the game exposure and drew in new players, and they certainly paid their dues on each boss in terms of time it took to progress.

No. We are absolutely allowed the criticize. We aren't morally wrong for doing so, as we aren't sending PMs to these people to go die and aren't responsible for the few shitheads that do. Soda is a certifiable piece of shit person, are you equally against people sharing and informing others about that fact, for fear they might be the one in a thousand sad enough to harass a twitch streamer?

Discussion shouldnt stop because of a hypothetical

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Proof that heavier moderation tends to always work for the better, and in the case of FFXIV, is the key of what made this place more welcoming than other MMOs. Strict Moderation and strict ToS are key in MMOs.

Edit: I meant it for that Soda guy thingie of course.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing for me that sucks, is he got pulled into GM jail with the quickness. Meanwhile I see the same people hacking in pvp nonstop day after day and even with proof they still don't get banned. Shit is so annoying.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
How attached to sleeping are you?

it's not not doable

you can probably hit up the 180 raids relatively fast as a healer, and then it's just a matter of spamming hell's lid for the rest

but also why would you hurt yourself
Darth_Vader_Noooo_Banner.jpg

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ugh...I need some advice.

I've been playing as a female Miqote since I started so all the story I've done is as her. I kinda want to swap to Male Viera after playing around in the benchmark I found a look I really like. The issue is my characters name is definitely not fitting for that appearance. I'm not opposed to buying a name change but I've got so much glamour tuned for female Miqote that I'm not sure how to adjust. Maybe I just don't? Plus there will be this weird feeling of it being a different character playing through Endwalker that I'm not sure I want to do it. I have 3 Fantasia so I can swap back if I really hate it I guess but I don't know.

How long have you been playing as your current character? Admittedly I'm probably not the best person to answer this, as the most I've been willing to do with a fantasia in the past was make my character a few inches taller lol, and don't see myself changing anything else beyond that. But all the same, it seems pretty natural to have some mixed feelings about changing the look of your character significantly (unless of course your original character doesn't resonate with you at all anymore), especially if you've playing with that character for a while. I think the glamour issue can be tough, since a lot of items are still unfortunately gender locked, and even for those that aren't, they may not fit the style you're going for with a new character. So that's definitely a good thing to keep in mind with how important all that is for you as well.

I think if it feels weird to play as a different looking character with main story content in Endwalker, perhaps one thing to consider would be playing as your current character until you finish the 6.0 MSQ, and then that way you maintain that continuity of playing the MSQ as the same character, before deciding to maybe switch to something different during the post-6.0 patch cycle. Of course that depends how badly you want to play as a male Viera, and if you want to hold off on using Fantasias for now.

If you do decide to Fantasia, I would consider giving it maybe a week or 2 before deciding if you want to switch back or not, as I imagine it may take a bit of time to get used to and adjust to a different looking character after all this time.

Apologies if that wasn't very helpful, but just wanted to suggest some things to consider as you're deciding.

Last edited:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Unless you really like the looks of the last stage(because it's going to be just glamour)...it sounds like so much pain lol the 180 item step is rough.

This weekend I did augmented Law and Order for my secondary jobs (had a Blade weapon for my main already). Don't really like Blade's designs so I stopped there to glamour Recollection or L&O steps. So many DR runs though...couldn't imagine going for more lol

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
No. We are absolutely allowed the criticize. We aren't morally wrong for doing so, as we aren't sending PMs to these people to go die and aren't responsible for the few shitheads that do. Soda is a certifiable piece of shit person, are you equally against people sharing and informing others about that fact, for fear they might be the one in a thousand sad enough to harass a twitch streamer?

Discussion shouldnt stop because of a hypothetical

Not sure how equating a homophobe/ableist to someone who "might" have cheated at doing a raid boss blind works out as they aren't the same situation at all, but you do you.

Max and his group HAVE been harassed multiple times, either for boosting, the custom UI, skipping the story or the "wasn't really blind" thing so I do encourage caution when coming down on the "they cheated" side of the fence. I don't care if people think they did or did not cheat either way, but I don't personally think that 21 minute video is proof of anything because it lacks a lot of context.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Or, maybe, we stop policing who can and cannot play FFXIV?

Seriously. If you don't like Soda, that's totally fine. Just don't watch him
It'll never cease to amaze me how many people in this thread and the larger FFXIV community will just let bigots get a complete free pass if they're a popular streamer.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Which content creators do you guys follow for the most part? I keep up with Mr Happy, Zepla, Meoni, Chili, Sarah Key and some others. Most of them I've followed for years

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
It'll never cease to amaze me how many people in this thread and the larger FFXIV community will just let bigots get a complete free pass if they're a popular streamer.

Bigots, platforming Nazis, harassing other people, platforming someone who silences harassment victims, it's all really weird.

I think the community was so small at some point that anyone kind of got a pass and that has stuck since then.

Not exclusively a XIV community thing either. People champion problematic people all the time these days for puzzling reasons.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I fantasiad to female to try out a bunch of new glamour options and keep things fresh. My name is still the same, but it stopped bothering me as actual MSQ where your name is said to you amounts to basically single digit % of my playtime. I'm disconnected enough that I know it's referring to me, not the character on screen. The fact that it's an MMO and I'm always surrounded by hundreds of the same heroes makes it easier to have that disconnect between my characters name and me in the story. My mind just reads over it in the text. Kind of like I recognize the name Hermione in the HP books, but never put a thought into how it was pronounced. I just process it without thought.

Don't let the hesitation of not wanting to pay for a name change stop your fun. A huge chunk of the appeal of this game is that our characters are dress up dolls doing cool things.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Which content creators do you guys follow for the most part? I keep up with Mr Happy, Zepla, Meoni, Chili, Sarah Key and some others. Most of them I've followed for years

I don't really keep up with anyone, but Mr Happy and Larryzaur are two of my favorites. Larry is very entertaining.

RPG

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado

Why are they acting like BLU is a real job and including it in the countdown?

It's these tweets that made me spin off and decide to level SAM while I'm finishing MSQ, but instead I get distracted and get him to 80 well before I've even started ShB. Oh well, I finished pretty much all the Savage raids and got almost all of the drops, so I guess that's a win...

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017

Cobrak is a recent convert, but super entertaining to follow he and his wife as they made their way through the whole story. Also, Yunalesca has been a FF fan for decades, and she's fun to watch go through it.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017

Some lesser knowns that I follow (I might butcher the spelling) are Quazii, Tenacious_Bree, and Alex Moukala Music.

Yea it's pretty sad. I know some people (a lot of ppl?) might be ignorant of the full situation regarding some of these streamers but that begs the question of why they wanna put their 2 cents in the jar anyway. I won't comment on the other(s) but names like that (and people who think it's funny to do that) should absolutely get banhammered, teaching them to be decent human beings and hoping they learn in the meantime is not my job. Hell, I didn't even know about the Jesse cox thing, I watched him a lot. I get not knowing everything, but damn

Last edited:

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

I don't really keep up with anyone, but Mr Happy and Larryzaur are two of my favorites. Larry is very entertaining.

MrHappy is a good example of someone who was toxic as all hell 6 years ago, put out an apology video and has, since then, done an admirable job (in my opinion) of becoming a really good content creator. He really seems like he changed, for the better.

I'll always throw in fellow Canadian Mizzteq/MTQCapture. She's really good at the game and really good at guides as well. Her streams are also entertaining.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
MrHappy is a good example of someone who was toxic as all hell 6 years ago, put out an apology video and has, since then, done an admirable job (in my opinion) of becoming a really good content creator. He really seems like he changed, for the better.

I'll always throw in fellow Canadian Mizzteq/MTQCapture. She's really good at the game and really good at guides as well. Her streams are also entertaining.
I love MTQ's guides! Yeah Mr Happy has chilled a lot through the years, he's in a better headspace these days

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Pyromancer is a recent WOW convert but has been really interesting cause hes a giant lore nerd and just got to shadowbringers.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
So far the only ones I actively watch is Denmo Mcstronghuge, Larryzaur, Cider Spider, WeskAlber, and Misshapen Chair. I used to watch Zepla but her simping for Asmongold really put me off.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
None, it's way simpler than whatever people are constantly harping about.

I'm way too busy being undecided about starting with the MSQ right away or if I level up Sage first, anyway.
By the way, still undecided.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017

I generally follow small to mid size creators . but regularly look into FFXIV twitch directory to find new streamers of that size to follow. I dont really like the vibe of most big streamer channels, so tend to to not follow those.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have time to keep up with streamers but for youtube helpful vids, I'll check out Zepla and Larryzaur vids. And Mizzteq for dungeon guides.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
None, it's way simpler than whatever people are constantly harping about.

I'm way too busy being undecided about starting with the MSQ right away or if I level up Sage first, anyway.
By the way, still undecided.
If you're maining Sage for EW then level it, the story won't go anywhere. Think of it like Luke going away to train in ESB

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
If you're maining Sage for EW then level it, the story won't go anywhere. Think of it like Luke going away to train in ESB
Problems are :
-While the story isn't going anywhere, the spoilers will be coming my way asap
-I have no idea If I'm going to even like Sage (I mean White Mage is boring but I'm used to it by now)

That said leveling as a WHM is painful but MSQ is very tempting. I have only a few days off to play 🤔

Decisions decisons....Worst case scenario I give up Sage halfway through and the MSQ is disappointing !

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020

FluffStuff and Denmo for shorts/music videos/shitposting

Joonbob for pocket guides

WeskAlber (job guides) and LyconaDaCheeChee (raid guides). Lycona I really like because he goes over what assignments you need to make pre-pull and uses simple visuals to explain how some of the mechanics work.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Really enjoy wathcing RogerBrown and Scripe from Echo doing raids blind. Roger especially gives off such a good vibe.
Also enjoyed watching Mousie a lot while going through MSQ. She is really expressive with her reactions :)

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How common is it for there to be no healer in a party in Delubrum Reginae? I wanted to grind out the five I need for my law's order weapon and ended up without one. I had read this might happen so I brought lost cure iv, but I ran out of charges by the end of the first raid.

Can't say I'm super eager to do it with no heals for the entire thing. I'm sure it's doable, but I find it much more stressful

Status
Not open for further replies.