• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Literally hours after deciding to rewatch all his DND vids to distract me from work! (Vinland Saga season 2 was also announced hours after I randomly decided to listen to some tracks and rewatch some scenes.... Clearly I have powers of a sort).

Just started Shadowbringers and, hoo boy, I was NOT prepared for this plot. Absolutely loving it so far, doubt I've even played 2 hours of it yet.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
That SCH description had me rolling lmao. Love these videos. Curious if he'll do a DPS one. That's a lot to go over.

I feel like he'd split them like the game does, Phys Ranged, Melee, Caster. Gives each a bit more breathing room for jokes around mechanics and can focus on things they have in common

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
Just watched the Endwalker benchmark trailer -- after this I'm planning to go totally dark on Endwalker until it comes out -- and I am really digging the remix of the classic Golbez/Tower of Zot theme from FFII/IV. Hearing that piece, many years ago, was one of the things that changed this series from just another RPG I had played into something special.

And the scene makes it look like there's going to be a Lunar Cry, in FF8 style. The fact that there's a Mare Lamentorum is a big hint, too, if you know some Latin. (I'm anxiously awaiting the Garleans having their own Latin-based language and writing system for us players to decipher!(

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
I was in probably the worst Darialda run I've been part of. We were 50 seconds away to time out and get kicked out of the instance. I feel this raid is so bad to casters, I took my Red Mage and I struggled constantly so many fucking AoEs and having to run from one end of the arena to another and having spring on CD feelsbadman.jpg.

Also whats with the last boss constantly moving off-screen and then having to re-target it.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
So I'm new to MMO's and this is my first one. I'm 5 hours in realm reborn and really enjoying it so far I'm just a bit overwhelmed on some stuff. So I don't pick any perks when leveling up right it just does that automatically? Also when I switch weopons that switches my job right? In return would that make me start at level one for that job or stay a character level? Lastly should I worry about buying armor and weopons or just equip ones I find playing the game naturally tell end game?

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm new to MMO's and this is my first one. I'm 5 hours in realm reborn and really enjoying it so far I'm just a bit overwhelmed on some stuff. So I don't pick any perks when leveling up right it just does that automatically? Also when I switch weopons that switches my job right? In return would that make me start at level one for that job or stay a character level? Lastly should I worry about buying armor and weopons or just equip ones I find playing the game naturally tell end game?

1) Yep, this game you just level up and it unlocks skills. You don't do any stats allotment or talents anything.
2) Yes, switching weapons switches jobs, and each job levels independently (except for Scholar and Summoner), so they all start at 1 (or higher levels for expansion classes)
3) You'll generally be fine just with the quest rewards and random stuff you get from dungeons, but it isn't the worst to buy a piece of gear if you have some piece that hasn't been upgraded in a while.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
1) Yep, this game you just level up and it unlocks skills. You don't do any stats allotment or talents anything.
2) Yes, switching weapons switches jobs, and each job levels independently (except for Scholar and Summoner), so they all start at 1 (or higher levels for expansion classes)
3) You'll generally be fine just with the quest rewards and random stuff you get from dungeons, but it isn't the worst to buy a piece of gear if you have some piece that hasn't been upgraded in a while.
Awesome thank you I appreciate it 🙂

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

Feel free to read the thread for new players!

The game will only feel overwhelming because it seems to throw like 8 years of features at you, but progressing through the game is actually pretty simple since it follows a very standard JRPG progression. Follow the main story, take your Job quests when it's available, buy equipments when it's equippable by your level, continue.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Literally hours after deciding to rewatch all his DND vids to distract me from work! (Vinland Saga season 2 was also announced hours after I randomly decided to listen to some tracks and rewatch some scenes.... Clearly I have powers of a sort).

Just started Shadowbringers and, hoo boy, I was NOT prepared for this plot. Absolutely loving it so far, doubt I've even played 2 hours of it yet.

I'm going to tell you one thing now that you're starting Shadowbringers and don't worry, this IS NOT a spoiler for the story.

congratz my friend, you've opened the gates of Valhalla.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I love when a new player messes something up, I explain what they should be doing and they actually listen and improve. Genuinely happy when that happens lmao.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I just did a trial with a person who bought a skip, didn't learn any mechanics and decided to main a gunbreaker

oh fuck my life....it took almost an hour for that trial

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Titania

the entire time i kept wondering why they had a sprout while being in shadowbringers. Had bards casting the LB, healers standing in all yuck.........it was a complete cluster truck

Yeah. That's a rough one. I hate getting it when I do roulettes. If you have more than one new person, you're guaranteed at least one wipe in the add phase. I've had it take 30 minutes to clear it before, but I would have probably left before a hour. I don't have that kind of patience.

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome thank you I appreciate it 🙂

I would recommend doing the Hall of the Novice once you hit level 15. You can access that by talking to The Smith (the dude with the huge green sign on his head in your city's Inn). Itll teach you how your role functions in dungeons and will give you good gear to do your first dungeon and an awesome 30%+ exp ring

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. That's a rough one. I hate getting it when I do roulettes. If you have more than one new person, you're guaranteed at least one wipe in the add phase. I've had it take 30 minutes to clear it before, but I would have probably left before a hour. I don't have that kind of patience.

When you take 20 minutes to queue…. You find patience 😂

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
I think my 1080 is starting to show it's age. Only scored a 8657 but I'm not really too worried. Game runs great.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
I think my 1080 is starting to show it's age. Only scored a 8657 but I'm not really too worried. Game runs great.
got 8691 on a 2060 laptop

EDIT: tried lowest on everything and it only gave me 10 more points lol

Loading times on 3 tests were all 13 seconds so graphics aren't affecting load times maybe

Last edited:

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Let me see your bunny bois!

Bunny1
unknown.png

edit: OMG he looks so perfect in the benchmark. I love him already.

Last edited:

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Finally got around to farming the Law's order gear. What's the best way to do it, can I earn gold coins in Zadnor or is it only from DR?

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to farming the Law's order gear. What's the best way to do it, can I earn gold coins in Zadnor or is it only from DR?
Only from Delubrum, Zadnor will occasionally drop Platinum coins from Critical Engagements/Skirmishes instead which is for the gear set that comes at the end of that zone once you've done its equivalent of Castrum Lacus Litore.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Ah ok, makes sense. Can any of the coins drop from the fates/engagements in Bozja or is it just simply grinding DR?

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok, makes sense. Can any of the coins drop from the fates/engagements in Bozja or is it just simply grinding DR?
The southern front only drops regular coins and Zadnor only drops Platinum coins from Skirmishes/CE's. So unfortunately Gold Coins/Silver Coins for the Law's Order can only be gotten from Delubrum Reginae, nowhere else.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Another bun
unknown.png
#

Going for a cold/snowy/ice bunny guy thing.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The southern front only drops regular coins and Zadnor only drops Platinum coins from Skirmishes/CE's. So unfortunately Gold Coins/Silver Coins for the Law's Order can only be gotten from Delubrum Reginae, nowhere else.

The weekly DR quest also gives 3 gold, which will help.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Oh the site has some job lore that's interesting! https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/endwalker/patch_6_0/job_reaper
The Garleans' forebears were once humble farmers who made their home among the sun-drenched fields of southern Ilsabard. That was, until they were driven from this paradise by invaders wielding arcane magicks. Forced north into the frigid mountains, the survivors sought a means to tap into the reservoir of aether otherwise closed to them. A daring few found their answer within the void, binding themselves to its creatures to gain verboten power─power fed by the souls of the slain. Once more they took up their scythes, this time to reap a crimson harvest.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Made several buns (click for tweet thread with more buns)

Also loaded up my main for the benchmark video and about died when this happened

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
What does the benchmark score actually relate to? I ran this in full screen, 1440p at maximum. No frame drops at all and around 11 sec loading time. I got 8680 - meanwhile on my girlfriend's PC she played it on high at 1080p and has frame rates all over the place and scored 12580 with a 19 second load time.

It also said my highest frame rate was 58 when I consistently get 100fps in the actual FFXIV client with Gshade filters on.

Edit: it was an issue with NVIDIA control panel. Ran it again after working it out and got 18450 at 1440 maximum.

Last edited:

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
na.finalfantasyxiv.com

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker | Endwalker

The official site for FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker.

Did we know Labyrinthos was actually right below Old Sharlyan before? I know they said it was underground before but I don't remember that detail.
I think so? I seem to recall that being said at the initial reveal but don't quote me on that

I think the site is the first time we're seeing the job icons, I really don't like the reaper icon

bU-669nwdL2i-lnlnQbaXrL4ag.png
a323fu94L8cr3uwSBueDDY5koE.png

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Sweet, been waiting for the site to update! Interesting that the Reapers come from Garlemald... so when we're playing as this job, lore-wise, we won't be using any aether? With a background like that though, I'm really curious about the job quest story for this.

Cool to have Labyrinthos confirmed to be under Old Sharlayan too.
I think the site is the first time we're seeing the job icons, I really don't like the reaper icon

bU-669nwdL2i-lnlnQbaXrL4ag.png
a323fu94L8cr3uwSBueDDY5koE.png
Yeah... the Sage icon is cool but the Reaper's is bleurgh. On the other hand, it kinda reminds me of AO3's logo, lol.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
A friend of mine is speculating its less tapping into their own aether directly but rather letting the Avatar feed on it (and on who they kill) who then channels the aether for them

Status
Not open for further replies.