• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takatomon

Oct 25, 2017
Aetheryte Crystals are built in villages and hubs. The hinterlands is a bunch of ruins overrun by monsters. It probably had an aetheryte before the Sharlayan fled.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, it has been a while since I have played this that I feel like a complete noob. Spent like 10 minutes just trying to transport to Kugane.

Also, yes, I was wrong Lian_Kazairl, that trial isn't main quest. I'm a fucking idiot.

At least I had enough tomes to buy all the powerful gear, except weapon.

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So is there a lore reason as to why there's no aetheryte crystal in Dravanian Hinterlands? I hate having to go to Idylshire first each time and watching two loading screens.
A real-world reason, not a lore one, but IIRC it was supposed to be like Mor Dhona and have the endgame hub and field on one zone. But they decided it would run better if the densely populated hub was made into its own zone.

Fun fact: you can see old 1.0-style aethernet shards lying broken among the ruins of the Sharlayan suburbs in DH. Presumably the on in Idyllshire would have been the centerpiece of the network. If only part of the Idyllshire upgrades had included restoring the old aethernet, right?

Amirnol

Oct 27, 2017
hey all. I just returned to the game, haven't played since I beat the main story for Stormblood. I have a couple questions if someone wouldn't mind helping me.

1) How many hours of content do I have until I get to Shadowbringers?
2) I am completely lost as to how to play SMN now. On top of not remembering everything, there's also a ton of changes to the job. I am playing with a PS4 controller and am looking for any helpful tips on spell rotations, and specifically how to setup those spells on the controller hotbars.
3) Anything else worth knowing since I haven't kept tabs on the game in over two years?

Thanks!

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did the math and it took 67(68 if you'r pick on the time of completion) for me to clear e4s from the time patch 5.05 came out. Right now I'm on day 41 of Eden verse prog from 5.2 and currently on e8s gotta shot to beat it but it will get more difficult once FFVII remake comes out hopefully I can get the clear in the next week or week after.
Apparently there's a new BLM opener if you can get up to 3600 spell speed. Sharpcast at 12s, pre-cast F3, Enochian, T3, F4, Clipped Triplecast, F4, Pot, F4, Ley Lines, F4, Swiftcast, Despair, Manafont, F4, Despair.
Yeah I saw that on the balance discord. I guess we'll get there when we get BiS.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Was too lazy to farm ruby weapon so i'm glad I am getting the tome weapon tomorrow. I might dabble into savage before FF VII remake comes out. I dont have any goals about clearing... just want to experience it as a former raider. I haven't seriously raided since.... sigmascape savage.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was too lazy to farm ruby weapon so i'm glad I am getting the tome weapon tomorrow. I might dabble into savage before FF VII remake comes out. I dont have any goals about clearing... just want to experience it as a former raider. I haven't seriously raided since.... sigmascape savage.
I was gonna skip it but the sub stats said "nah dude you farming me first before you do savage my guy"

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wound up getting frustrated that I can never seem to win a roll on cloth softening powder on maps, so wound up buying them off the MB and crafting the dalmascan top myself. Definitely cheaper than buying it directly, but still wound up burning through most of my gil. This is exactly why I'm always so poor in this game lol.

Oh well, saw a spring outfit glam on Reddit I wanted to try out, so at least I could put it together now. Now to run some more maps and try to get some gil back...maybe.

5sVCLkN.png

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I ran my first (non alliance) raids ever the past few days. Completed Eden 1-8 on normal and had blast.
I dont think I've got the time and patience to make a legitimate attempt at Savage tier though.

How do I go about doing Ruby Weapon though?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't really like the Dalmascan Top with the bottoms, but it works pretty well as a top piece with a skirt.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My understanding was that they didn't do another More Donuts with Idyllshire because of ancient spaghetti code relating to how retainers work, and performance issues discovered with having an AFK Zone endgame city be in an open zone.

Going anywhere in the Hinterlands was immensely annoying back in the day when Idyllshire actually had people in it, which caused the tele to take a long time. It's not much worse than the rest of the HW zones now, at least.

How do I go about doing Ruby Weapon though?

The story version branches off from the MSQ in The Lochs. Beat that, and you unlock EX.

if you want to know how to actually do the EX, watch a video, join a party finder*, and then get bopped a whole bunch until you eventually get through it.

*don't be this guy

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
Apparently there's a new BLM opener if you can get up to 3600 spell speed. Sharpcast at 12s, pre-cast F3, Enochian, T3, F4, Clipped Triplecast, F4, Pot, F4, Ley Lines, F4, Swiftcast, Despair, Manafont, F4, Despair.
yea, they call it jp opener in balance discord.
its actually a nice opener for e8n final phase dps rush. it burst quicker than other openers at the final portion of the fight.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same here. I changed my data center (via the main menu) and then changed it back, as suggested by an old reddit thread. Dunno if that actually did anything or if it was just coincidence, but it worked for me.
Ok this worked after doing it repeatedly. It wouldn't let me connect to any of the NA servers for some reason. I was worried for a second.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Wound up getting frustrated that I can never seem to win a roll on cloth softening powder on maps, so wound up buying them off the MB and crafting the dalmascan top myself. Definitely cheaper than buying it directly, but still wound up burning through most of my gil. This is exactly why I'm always so poor in this game lol.

Oh well, saw a spring outfit glam on Reddit I wanted to try out, so at least I could put it together now. Now to run some more maps and try to get some gil back...maybe.

5sVCLkN.png
thats a good outfit

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else unable to log on? I get some lobby server error message.
Same here. I changed my data center (via the main menu) and then changed it back, as suggested by an old reddit thread. Dunno if that actually did anything or if it was just coincidence, but it worked for me.

The game keeps telling me my passoword was wrong...not sure if related. Now I am locked out for a couple of minutes it seems

Or just me keep typing it wrong lol

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The game keeps telling me my passoword was wrong...not sure if related. Now I am locked out for a couple of minutes it seems

Or just me keep typing it wrong lol
No, the issues that Astral and I are talking about are after you enter your credentials.

EDIT:
Now i got in..but got the lobby error. lol
Switching from an EU data center, getting to the character select screen, and then picking my actual data center is a consistently working method for me, maybe try that

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My friend is having the same issue logging in. Maybe servers are packed? It took me a while.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I had a login error earlier but I logged right in after it booted me only just now logged out but I'm done for the day.

Edit: Also can anyone tell me what app is that being used on the top of the screen showing the rotation like that?

Last edited:

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I had a login error earlier but I logged right in after it booted me only just now logged out but I'm done for the day.

Edit: Also can anyone tell me what app is that being used on the top of the screen showing the rotation like that?

github.com

GitHub - Rawrington/SkillDisplay: A simple no-frills ACTWebSocket overlay for showing actions pressed in an overlay window.

A simple no-frills ACTWebSocket overlay for showing actions pressed in an overlay window. - GitHub - Rawrington/SkillDisplay: A simple no-frills ACTWebSocket overlay for showing actions pressed in ...

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Thanks! Credit goes to the Redditor who put this together originally who found the right skirt and dye combination to pull the whole look together.

I don't really like the Dalmascan Top with the bottoms, but it works pretty well as a top piece with a skirt.

Yeah I remember when they first showed images of the new crafted glamour set, I was pretty indifferent to it, but I think that was mostly due to them showing it with the bottoms. I like the top and think it will be fun to find other stuff to pair it with. Glamour is the true end game after all.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
All normal Eden raids beaten! E7 was actually pretty easy, people told me it was kinda tough...I had more trouble with E6.

Only a bit more content till I start the real challenging stuff. I'll start with Titania, Innocence, and Hades EX, then move on to Ruby Normal, and Eden Savage from there. Woo!

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Finally beat Ramuh Savage

I made a vital mistake by forgetting to get an orb on my first run of yesterday and we wiped at like .2% left

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Just re-subbed for the first time in a while. I was initially going to skip through Stormblood to get up to speed, but considering how much downtime we have right now I've decided to take my time and just savour it instead.

EDIT: changed my mind after some advice, will level my PLD to 80 first (it's already at 60).

I'm completely lost in terms of the rotation for tanking, looking it up now but does anyone have any advice or a link to a clearly laid out guide?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Just re-subbed for the first time in a while. I was initially going to skip through Stormblood to get up to speed, but considering how much downtime we have right now I've decided to take my time and just savour it instead.

Last time I played I rolled a DRK. My main was a PLD which I have at 60, but DRK sounds more appealing overall.

I'm completely lost though, I'm looking at the skills I have and the rotation isn't making much sense. I'm googling it now, but is there a basic rotation that I should know that will help set me up while I learn?

I'm only level 39, btw, last skill I unlocked was Shadow Wall.

Thanks for any help!
You're too low for most of it to really matter right now, but DRK is real simple. Just do your basic 1,2,3 - Hard Slash, Syphon Strike, then Souleater on single targets. Press your AOEs (Unleash, then Stalwart Soul at 72) on 2 or more targets. Then just hit your MP spenders to keep yourself from capping on MP and keep Darkside buff up at all times. You only have the line AOE MP spender right now, so feel free to use that whenever. Same for Blood Weapon, feel free to pop that whenever you want to build MP, don't save it.

As you get further you'll get the rest of your abilities and it becomes a lot more fun. It'll make more sense when you get the blood gauge and access to Delirium. But even in end-game content, you just do the opener (which is not rigid and can be done in any order you really feel comfortable with) and just press 1,2,3 and hit your other abilities as they come off cooldown and never let resources (Blood, MP) cap out.

There's some more shit if you're really into maximum optimization, but most of that shit doesn't matter unless you're really trying to min-max runs for parsing on raids/EX trials. I'm a DRK main so if you have any questions you can ask me. I think I'm pretty competent and have done most current end-game content with it with okay parses.

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
Today I finish leveling the last DPS job (Monk). Will have only White Mage and Astrologian left to level but those will have to wait till summer (need a break plus want to go through backlog). Not doing Blue Mage (maybe one day). I started the game like a week or so after Shb's launched.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You're too low for most of it to really matter right now, but DRK is real simple. Just do your basic 1,2,3 - Hard Slash, Syphon Strike, then Souleater on single targets. Press your AOEs (Unleash, then Stalwart Soul at 72) on 2 or more targets. Then just hit your MP spenders to keep yourself from capping on MP and keep Darkside buff up at all times. You only have the line AOE MP spender right now, so feel free to use that whenever. Same for Blood Weapon, feel free to pop that whenever you want to build MP, don't save it.

As you get further you'll get the rest of your abilities and it becomes a lot more fun. It'll make more sense when you get the blood gauge and access to Delirium. But even in end-game content, you just do the opener (which is not rigid and can be done in any order you really feel comfortable with) and just press 1,2,3 and hit your other abilities as they come off cooldown and never let resources (Blood, MP) cap out.

There's some more shit if you're really into maximum optimization, but most of that shit doesn't matter unless you're really trying to min-max runs for parsing on raids/EX trials. I'm a DRK main so if you have any questions you can ask me. I think I'm pretty competent and have done most current end-game content with it with okay parses.
Ha, thanks for this it'll help in the future. Made an edit just before you posted though. :p

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have an Era FF14 discord?

Also, as a UK player, is there an EU specific FC, or anything I need to know specifically about joining an Era FC?

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn is my boy Kai-Shirr gonna get some scale? This Beehive questline is so fun. Speaking of Au-Ra, are the woman just canonically super short? Everyone fucking towers over them. It's hilarious.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just curious how latency would affect it for a UK player with things like interrupts and avoiding AOE. I'd quite like to join an Era FC, but not if it makes gameplay awkward.

If anyone has a link to the discord it would be appreciated!

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm just curious how latency would affect it for a UK player with things like interrupts and avoiding AOE. I'd quite like to join an Era FC, but not if it makes gameplay awkward.

If anyone has a link to the discord it would be appreciated!
it doesn't make a large difference really, just some getting used to if you play with low latency now
it's more in issue with classes where you have to weave a lot of abilities together because you'd probably clip some of them

Status
Not open for further replies.