• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I think that summoner meant he didn't have it on his hotbar lol. If anything that summoner should be getting shit for that. That reminds me of this hilarious clip on some savage raid. I forgot which one. The guy playing was melee DPS but didn't have LB on his hotbar. The dude starts freaking out and scrambling to find LB at a crucial point in the fight. I think someone posted it here one day.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
Just had one DPS get mad at me for doing DPS instead of rezzing when half of them went down because they messed up a raid mechanic. I already used my Swift Raise to get the other healer back up, but I guess they expected me to drop everything and start hardcasting Raises to bring them all back up? Always been hesitant to hardcast raises unless there's a gap in the action like a phase transition, and the amount of time it takes for it go off always feels risky when there's an incoming mechanic to move out of the way from. I suppose it's something I haven't thought of much beyond that.
i hear yah about mechanics and wasting 70% into cast just to get out but no chioce. but truth is at that point the parse for dps is pretty much moot anyway, due to enlongation of the fight

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
I resub to this game every now and again to see if it'll hook me. I did it again today but man, I just don't know if it's for me.

I'm level 31 Dragoon and it feels like a slog. It just..doesn't seem fun? :(
change class. one of my friend started as drg but its a boring class to lv at first. he switched to blm and got interested again. 1 week in, now he got base and shdowbring and at lv56. msq wise in hw finally.
so my recommendation is to try another class.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I am reminded MMO's are played with people and some people are shitty people. I forsaked map loot, I needed to get out of a toxic ass party

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
actually got to MM4 prog today which is good since ive been stuck at add prog hell forever.
still have no idea how to do the hallowed wings part with blue mirrors though lol

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think that summoner meant he didn't have it on his hotbar lol. If anything that summoner should be getting shit for that. That reminds me of this hilarious clip on some savage raid. I forgot which one. The guy playing was melee DPS but didn't have LB on his hotbar. The dude starts freaking out and scrambling to find LB at a crucial point in the fight. I think someone posted it here one day.
I think it was e4s and he had it on a sidebar meaning he had to click it and accidentally clicked it off the screen.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unless it's critical that they be up within the next 8 seconds, or you trust the tank to not spontaneously combust while you're casting, just leave them be until Swift comes back.

Not locking your hotbar is a 50 DKP minus.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
Unless it's critical that they be up within the next 8 seconds, or you trust the tank to not spontaneously combust while you're casting, just leave them be until Swift comes back.

Not locking your hotbar is a 50 DKP minus.

giphy.gif

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I got out of LR a few times in e8s today we mostly ended up dying though in the next phase but still some progress.

TibimusPrime

Nov 26, 2017
Must of taken a wrong turn somewhere, i'm level 46, but my MSQ is at level 20..now i have to grind out the story don't i ? -_-

Edit: only bought the base game about two weeks ago, got only one class (DRG)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Have we heard anything about when 5.25 is going to drop? I remember hearing 3/31 when 5.2 dropped but nothing really since then.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Must of taken a wrong turn somewhere, i'm level 46, but my MSQ is at level 20..now i have to grind out the story don't i ? -_-

Edit: only bought the base game about two weeks ago, got only one class (DRG)

Yes but you can change jobs if you want to have a new exp. Man, I rmb ARR MSQ all the good times of teleporting and talking to NPCs. Also, the completed edition is on sale now for PC/PS4.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Any guesses as to what iLvL the relic will start at? Trying to decide which job to get my Crystarium weapon for next week.

Right now we've got:
505 - Edenchoir
500 - Upgraded Crystarium (5.3)
490 - Crystarium
485 - Ruby EX
480 - ? Not sure what's here.
475 - Edengrace
470 - Upgraded Deepshadow
460 - Deepshadow

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I'm having some dilemma making consistent gil , what crafting options do you guys think gives you a consistent amount of decent gil (right now I just farm for Demimog).Another question, I have to be Stormblood campaign to be able to unlock Eureka ?

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Any guesses as to what iLvL the relic will start at? Trying to decide which job to get my Crystarium weapon for next week.

Right now we've got:
505 - Edenchoir
490 - Crystarium
485 - Ruby EX
475 - Edengrace
460 - Deepshadow
Relic weapon might start at 490 and get to 500 in the next major patch. It won't get to 505

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017

Right now we've got:
505 - Edenchoir
490 - Crystarium
485 - Ruby EX
475 - Edengrace
460 - Deepshadow
480 is crafted gear. If we follow the Stormblood trend, relics would be 5ilvl lower than tome weapons, but it does make them the same as Ruby EX, so they might bump them to 490.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In a perfect world I'll clear e8s before FFVII Remake comes out in 12 days but people keep blowing up at Light Rampart so we'll see.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I did it: I finished Shadowbringers, after beginning this quest back in August or so at Patch 2.2. Been a long road.

First off, wow, what a climax. Amaurot was an absolutely fascinating city to explore and incredible dungeon, probably the best of any of the four dozen the game has to offer. The Hades fight and climactic finish were top notch; Emet Selch was an incredible villain, and you really felt for his point of view. Just amazing stuff, and the FFXIV team should be very proud. No idea how they're going to top this; Elidibus doesn't seem half as interesting, and who's left besides him and Zodiarc? Zenos is cool, but at this point he's just a cartoon FIGHT FOR THE SAKE OF FIGHTING villain, nowhere near Emet Selch's class.

Now I'm into the endgame stuff. I admit I was kind of excited to "climb the ladder", doing Titania/Innocence/Hades EX and getting tomes to slowly climb up toward the higher iLvl gated content. But, as I was half disappointed to find out, you can just purchase craftable gear at iLvl 480 from the market board? I even had some friends make it for me basically at material cost, which just sort of...skips me over all of that. I might try the fights for fun, because their regular versions were so fun, but that's a disappointment for sure. I boosted nearly immediately from iLvl 418 to 448, and I'll get closer to 480 as I get more Phanta tomes.

Of more direct note is that the OST in the Twinning is the most rockin' shit ever. I love it.

Last edited:

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I did it: I finished Shadowbringers, after beginning this quest back in August or so at Patch 2.2. Been a long road.

First off, wow, what a climax. Amaurot was an absolutely fascinating city to explore and incredible dungeon, probably the best of any of the four dozen the game has to offer. The Hades fight and climactic finish were top notch; Emet Selch was an incredible villain, and you really felt for his point of view. Just amazing stuff, and the FFXIV should be very proud. No idea how they're going to top this; Elidibus doesn't seem half as interesting, and who's left besides him and Zodiarc? Zenos is cool, but at this point he's just a cartoon FIGHT FOR THE SAKE OF FIGHTING villain, nowhere near Emet Selch's class.

Now I'm into the endgame stuff. I admit I was kind of excited to "climb the ladder", doing Titania/Innocence/Hades EX and getting tomes to slowly climb up toward the higher iLvl gated content. But, as I was half disappointed to find out, you can just purchase craftable gear at iLvl 480 from the market board? I even had some friends make it for me basically at material cost, which just sort of...skips me over all of that. I might try the fights for fun, because their regular versions were so fun, but that's a disappointment for sure. I boosted nearly immediately from iLvl 418 to 448, and I'll get closer to 480 as I get more Phanta tomes.

Of more direct note is that the OST in the Twinning is the most rockin' shit ever. I love it.
If you don't want to spend any money, you can do Eden Verse raids. The most recent dungeon (Anamnesis Anyder) gives il455 which is the minimum requirement to do e5n-e8n.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
You still want to farm Tomestone gear. The current 490 gear can be augmented to 500 with drops from Savage or the next 24 man raid in 5.3. The current Tomestone gear will be with you until the expansion's last ilevel increase in 5.4. Then the grind will start again with new Eden and Tomestone gear.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I guess it's just a bummer I can jump ahead of 5.0 and even 5.1 content. I enjoy the climb and it would have offered me more to do if they didn't let me jump so high with relatively cheap gear. I have several million gil because I literally never spend the stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing this last week, since I don't really have much else to do. I'm really enjoying it. Currently a Lv45 dragoon, with paladin at Lv30ish as well. Shadowbringers is on sale on Steam until next week, so I'll be getting that soon.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I guess it's just a bummer I can jump ahead of 5.0 and even 5.1 content. I enjoy the climb and it would have offered me more to do if they didn't let me jump so high with relatively cheap gear. I have several million gil because I literally never spend the stuff.

Content in Final Fantasy XIV gets outdated really fast. Titania and Innocence Ex gear was outdated a couple weeks after launch when the first tier of Eden was released and Hades Ex weapons were outdated a few weeks after it launched when they made the Tomestone weapon upgrade item buyable with Copied Factory tokens. At this point, the only reason to do those fights is to farm the mounts.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The way almost everything has its own specific currency (Tomestones, Scrips, Tokens, etc) makes Gil's usefulness mostly relegated to buying expensive market board glamour items (like items that are crafted with rare material drops from Treasure Map dungeons) or getting into the player housing market.

The crafted gear was only valuable in the first few days of the patch, as Savage raiders needed to buy the full set and overmeld it in order to pass DPS checks in the first week. After that, it drops down to near-material price because everyone is chasing the i490 Allegory gear or i500 Savage gear. The first few days of the patch, those crafted 480 pieces were going for over a million gil and even more than that for weapons, it's just a very brief window of usefulness to most players.

Last edited:

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I've managed to make some decent money being weaver and selling Demimog/Velveteen stuff, nothing super major , but it's decent.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
This is the most no_fun_allowed.jpg post I'll ever make about this game, but I never liked seeing people run around in the silly chicken/pig/frog/whatever costumes already, and now the bunny costume is even worse.

I think it's really just because I like seeing how creative people can get with their glamours and the animal costumes are just like... put it on, dye it the ugliest metallic color you can find and that's it.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Since we have that Shadowbringers discount and working from home, I have a question.

Before leaving, I finished Stormblood main quest and started the postgame content. Think I left it in one of the trials since I needed to grind for gear, and personally, I was annoyed the ilvl blocked me from starting said trial (think it was a tiger or lion the boss of that trial). Is it possible to skip this and the other post Stormblood quests and go straight to Shadowbringers? And if not, can I buy powerful Stormblood gear with those tokens you receive from dungeons?

I just want to go start Shadowbringers without wasting my time in post Stormblood.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Since we have that Shadowbringers discount and working from home, I have a question.

Before leaving, I finished Stormblood main quest and started the postgame content. Think I left it in one of the trials since I needed to grind for gear, and personally, I was annoyed the ilvl blocked me from starting said trial (think it was a tiger or lion the boss of that trial). Is it possible to skip this and the other post Stormblood quests and go straight to Shadowbringers? And if not, can I buy powerful Stormblood gear with those tokens you receive from dungeons?

I just want to go start Shadowbringers without wasting my time in post Stormblood.

First of all, post Stormblood is great, second you should be able to use tomestones or Gil to buy appropriate gear.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown

You'll be able to buy Scaevan gear (the best tomestone gear from Stormblood) with poetics, which will be more than enough for post-Stormblood content and a lot of the way through Shadowbringers as well. You could also buy crafted gear via gil, but the Scaevan route is much cheaper and better.

You could pay money to skip directly to Shadowbringers, but don't, that's a waste of money and you need setup from the last few Stormblood patches to fully enjoy Shadowbringers.

Also, that trial you're talking about (assuming we're on the same page and you're talking about The Jade Stoa) isn't required, it's side content, just thought I'd give you a heads up since you said you wanted to not waste your time.

Aurelia Borel

Oct 30, 2017

Byakko? He's part of the Four Lords questline, which isn't part of the main story. You don't have to fight him or the other two trials in that questline (Suzaku and Seiryu) to get to Shadowbringers. You do, however, have to fight the 4.3 trial, which has a higher iLV requirement than Byakko. But just do what DNAbro/rpm mentioned: use tomestones or buy gear off mb if you have the gil to spare.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017

You really don't want to skip post Stormblood. Especially 4.4 and 4.5. Those lead directly into Shadowbringers. As far as gear goes, you can buy ilevel 390 gear with Tomesetones of Poetics. That will carry you through the first couple dungeons of Shadowbringers.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, went and bought it. One final question: is there any difference installing this in a SSD or HDD?

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there's a new BLM opener if you can get up to 3600 spell speed. Sharpcast at 12s, pre-cast F3, Enochian, T3, F4, Clipped Triplecast, F4, Pot, F4, Ley Lines, F4, Swiftcast, Despair, Manafont, F4, Despair.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered the New Years message
be0673b46b83b3457c383254c25c8d703b76192e_0.png

The lines make way more sense now. I'm guessing in 5.3 we are going to see the "consequences"

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So is there a lore reason as to why there's no aetheryte crystal in Dravanian Hinterlands? I hate having to go to Idylshire first each time and watching two loading screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.