• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
4 quests past Ramuh would put you at quest number 53 out of the 100 ARR patch quests
The closer you get to Heavensward, the better they get, hang in there
giphy.gif

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
You don't get real despair until you've helped Tataru getting through her midlife crisis.
I actually liked that questline lol. Was this the actual questline for an entire patch I wonder? Like did they really update the game one day and the MSQ just consisted of helping at Tataru figure out her life?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So for shits and giggles I looked on my profile on fflogs to see if I had any parses in Stormblood and Heavensward and I have a log on Lakshmi and Sophia. Lol I didn't know about FFlogs during Heavensward and didn't know how to put my character on there until Shadowbringers. I guess someone who I was in the party with for those clears uploaded it and it register both fights once I connected my character which is actually pretty cool.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Is weaver the best class when it comes to desynthesis?

Classes don't matter for desynthesis anymore. You can desynth anything with any class. Your desynth skill levels up as you desynth items, but all that affects is the amount and quality of items you get from desynthesis.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Classes don't matter for desynthesis anymore. You can desynth anything with any class. Your desynth skill levels up as you desynth items, but all that affects is the amount and quality of items you get from desynthesis.
This might be a dumb question, but is something like this still viable for starters?

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
This might be a dumb question, but is something like this still viable for starters?

They changed desynth with the crafting overhaul in ShB, so no. You can desynth anything at any level and you can max out every crafting job's desynth. Just desynth whatever you have lying around that you don't need.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017

Ooh this is super useful, thanks!

Almost all I've been thinking about is this game and listening to the OST at work (thanks Spotify!), and I'm wrapped up with the Division 2 now but I'm on the AC launch grind now with the wife lol. Once I catch these goddamn last 4 fish I'm missing I'll be back on! I've left Estinien hanging for like 3 or 4 weeks now >_>

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No. Next week is the first week you can buy the next Tomestone weapon, if you don't do Savage.
Or if you do Savage but
a) You can't beat e6s
b) You get shitty rolls on the Weapon tomes.

Man e5s was a fucking trainwreck this morning for the reclears. It was like e1s all over again. I had to of burned through like 25 pots. Thank goodness I can craft my own shit. Oddly enough the e6s reclear was a one shot and the e7s reclear was an adventure but unlike e5s I didn't have to go through 3 different parties we just wiped a lot on dumb shit before we got it together. I'm going to just hit up e8s tomorrow.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I'm asking if we're getting the new relic weapon quests next week since it's gonna be 6 weeks by then.
Usually is 6 weeks but the patches sometimes vary a bit, could be 7 or 8 especially with potential delays due to corona virus(not too sure how it's being handled in Japan mind you). They'll announce downtime by the end of the week if it's next week.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah e8s is gonna be fun figuring out as a Black Mage. I've barely gotten to Light Rampant so far but I'm enjoying it.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Middy just failed a step of Ishgard Resto, lol.

Immediate speculation about "hey wait what if we just intentionally fail this every seven and a half hours for endless free scrips".

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Zhloe sometimes speak in the third person and then in like the next sentence she doesn't? Is she crazy?

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Why does Zhloe sometimes speak in the third person and then in like the next sentence she doesn't? Is she crazy?

Zhloe is strange.

Edit: People must be really bored, they are doing Eureka again. I've sold a million gil's worth of logograms over the past day. Just ones that I've had on the marketboard forever that finally sold.

Last edited:

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: People must be really bored, they are doing Eureka again. I've sold a million gil's worth of logograms over the past day. Just ones that I've had on the marketboard forever that finally sold.
I'm doing 2 relics at the same time right now (SMN Anima and WHM Zodiac), but I'm not stepping foot anywhere near Eureka, lol.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Zhloe is strange.

At least on Aether, there's almost daily runs of Baldesion Arsenal with a decent turnout for each one. Managed to finish my Physeos weapon because of it too.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
At least on Aether, there's almost daily runs of Baldesion Arsenal with a decent turnout for each one. Managed to finish my Physeos weapon because of it too.

Baldesion Arsenal is so good, I want to do it again. Sadly, none of my in game friends will go with me because they all hate Eureka. I checked the primal BA discord and it seems like organized runs are very infrequent.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to leveling my Gunbreaker and almost have it to 70 now and I can finally start doing the final role quest of the 4 before the final quest.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just had one DPS get mad at me for doing DPS instead of rezzing when half of them went down because they messed up a raid mechanic. I already used my Swift Raise to get the other healer back up, but I guess they expected me to drop everything and start hardcasting Raises to bring them all back up? Always been hesitant to hardcast raises unless there's a gap in the action like a phase transition, and the amount of time it takes for it go off always feels risky when there's an incoming mechanic to move out of the way from. I suppose it's something I haven't thought of much beyond that.

Last edited:

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I resub to this game every now and again to see if it'll hook me. I did it again today but man, I just don't know if it's for me.

I'm level 31 Dragoon and it feels like a slog. It just..doesn't seem fun? :(

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Just had one DPS get mad at me for doing DPS instead of rezzing when half of them went down because they messed up a raid mechanic. I already used my Swift Raise to get the other healer back up, but I guess they expected me to drop everything and start hardcasting Raises to bring them all back up? Always been hesitant to hardcast raises unless there's a gap in the action like a phase transition, and the amount of time it takes for it go off always feels risky when there's an incoming mechanic to move out of the way from. I suppose it's something I haven't thought of much beyond that.
Don't feel bad about it. You did your job using Swiftcast to raise the other healer. If they didn't try to raise to others, I imagine their own Swiftcast was still on cooldowns. I almost never hardcast unless the MT is in no danger of receiving too much damage. More often than not, if I don't have Swiftcast up, I will not rez you.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Nevermind, I misunderstood completely. I thought you were Red Mage at first or something.

I probably would have Swift-Raised the other healer and then hard-raised one DPS and that's about it. The other healer can get the rest when they get back up. Depends what the health of the main tank was at, I guess, or whether any of the dead DPS were capable of rezzing, a lot of factors.

Last edited:

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
I resub to this game every now and again to see if it'll hook me. I did it again today but man, I just don't know if it's for me.

I'm level 31 Dragoon and it feels like a slog. It just..doesn't seem fun? :(
I'll say this once: Levels 1-50 are essentially a long tutorial. You've only barely become a Dragoon and don't have anywhere near a full kit of abilities, for example. You've really only barely begun. You haven't even experienced full party (8 man) instances.

But if it's not for you, it's not for you.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Don't feel bad about it. You did your job using Swiftcast to raise the other healer. If they didn't try to raise to others, I imagine their own Swiftcast was still on cooldowns. I almost never hardcast unless the MT is in no danger of receiving too much damage. More often than not, if I don't have Swiftcast up, I will not rez you.

Thanks it feels reassuring to hear that. I think the thing that annoyed me more was the other healer put up an emote afterwards that seemed to be agreeing with the DPS, meanwhile they were also dying every few minutes as well. Felt like I was still doing most of the healing while trying to get some DPS in, before they got upset.

EDIT: Nevermind, I misunderstood completely. I thought you were Red Mage at first or something.

I probably would have Swift-Raised the other healer and then hard-raised one DPS and that's about it. The other healer can get the rest when they get back up. Depends what the health of the main tank was at, I guess, or whether any of the dead DPS were capable of rezzing, a lot of factors.

Yeah that sounds reasonable as well. For my situation, tanks were alive but running lowish on health so I was doing OGCD heals to keep them up while doing some Glares in between. At the time felt like if I spent time hardcasting a raise on a DPS the MT would go down. Also some of the DPS were Summoners so could have raised as well, but one of them said they didn't have it set up (whatever that means) after someone asked them to try to raise the other Healer that kept going down.

Guess I'm just glad it's just one more week of Eden before I have my weapon and can take a break from this.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Yeah that sounds reasonable as well. For my situation, tanks were alive but running lowish on health so I was doing OGCD heals to keep them up while doing some Glares in between. At the time felt like if I spent time hardcasting a raise on a DPS the MT would go down. Also some of the DPS were Summoners so could have raised as well, but one of them said they didn't have it set up (whatever that means) after someone asked them to try to raise the other Healer that kept going down.

Guess I'm just glad it's just one more week of Eden before I have my weapon and can take a break from this.
Wow, I thought you were initially a SMN when you posted. I guess people don't realize that damage doesn't just stops coming out when someone has to do a slow rez. Don't let those people get to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.