• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Eden was fantastic. The first fight wasn't too interesting but they rarely are and the other 3 more than made up for it.

Looking forward to running these a few more times in the coming weeks and also to seeing what the savage versions are like. I've never even attempted savage but I might actually change that this time around.
Ooooh boy, I was not ready for the voice changes at the start of Heavensward.
It's definitely an adjustment but having recently gone back and watched some stuff from ARR I forgot just how much of a improvement the new voice actors are.

Oct 26, 2017
New Gunbreaker sounds are a mixed bag.

I don't mind the new Gnashing Fang combo sounds.

But the Solid Barrel combo now sounds really muted, like you're not even slicing anymore.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Just cleared Eden. E4N was a bit rough. I can already see I won't get far in Savage.

I'm finished with everything. Give us more content, YoshiP. There's a content drought right now!

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't heard the new GNB sounds but the old ones were way too similar imo. Esp. the solid barrel combo

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
its intreasting too see ff14 holding its discorse 2+ weeks after release, most times by now a new game takes the older games place in conversation in places like era ect.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Man. There are all these crazy relic weapon upgrade quests but they're involved and they cap at iLevel 135, looks like. Don't bother?
The relic quests were designed to be massive timesinks, even after heavy nerfs the Zeta / ARR and Anima / HW will take many, many hours of grinding. Save it for when you're bored and only if you really fancy a glamour.

The first few steps of the ARR relics are fairly painless though, and will unlock a title for each job + 2 trials. It involves killing a bunch of beast tribes, melding an item you can buy on the MB, a few dungeons and the 3 first HM trials.

Absolutely do not do it for stats though.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Eden was pretty fun. Nothing to hard, which is fine since I'll be running the fights dozens of times for rolls. The music is good and the callbacks to VIII is always welcome.

In between grinding out Eden, I still need to learn Innocence EX for accessories. Gonna try to actually pug savage for the first time once it releases.

Dec 25, 2017
I enjoyed all of Eden, but I also feel like E1 and E2 were the strong points, and E3/4 were the weak points. Felt really strange having the raid start out really strong and end kind of weak.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
For anyone interested, here's new vs old Gunbreaker Solid Barrel combo.

The gunshot at yhe end being gone reaaly hurts. Hope they revert.

I think it's better personally. I did the MSQ with GNB and the slicing sound is legitimately the same with slight shift in tune and it is extremely grating after a while. It sounds great as a first impression but after doing it thousands of time I wanted to mute it. They don't even sound chunky or anything, just extremely high pitched sounds and Gunbreaker as a whole really defeated the purpose of the "'gun" in gunbreaker anyway

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn E2 was hectic. I honestly barely understood what was going on. At least I got the orchestrion roll.

almutama

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say, I really liked the "alien" aesthetic of E1. Way better than the futuristic raid aesthetic we've been getting for a while.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I heard a bit earlier but the music for Empty is so good. ; ;

I'll be trying Eden soon and already know what amazing song will be playing there. I hope more VIII content happens after this.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished 2.3 content. What a slog, man.

People have told me 2.4 starts to pick up, and hey, I saw my first little glimpse of Ishgard, there. I'll start it tomorrow, I think!

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
How is the Machinist and BLM rotations looking in comparison to Dancer which I assume is by far the easiest and what I'm leveling now.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Eden was a hell of a lot of fun, ended up doing them all 2-3 times. Really wanted to get my body piece. Looks like next week will be hands + 2 accessories.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
I think I just played with a healer bot in Dohn Mheg. They were using a 290 weapon and kept spamming medica and confession the whole dungeon. Not 1 dps ability used.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How is the Machinist and BLM rotations looking in comparison to Dancer which I assume is by far the easiest and what I'm leveling now.

In terms of difficulty? I think MCH is a pretty easy job to do well with. As long as you use Drill and Hot Shot/Air Anchor on cooldown, it's pretty flexible. Just spend your heat when you've got a free moment and go to town. BLM I have no experience with personally, but my understanding is they're now even more mobile than before, which should further ease the difficulty of the job.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
god damn i cant take any more minute of stormblood... I go from battling dragons to liberating not-china. wtf is this story???

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, this Eden raid fuckin' slaps.

All cleared, and it was all fun. E3N was a little disappointing, but man, E4N was great.

Titan: BEEP BEEP MOTHERFUCKERS

Last edited:

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
Just chiming in to agree that the new GNB sounds are awful. Genuinely don't know what they were thinking.

OP
OP
Dark Knight

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
E4 is straight wrecking people. Goddamn.
As a tank I found it extremely simple as long as you understand each mechanic. I could see how it could throw a lot of DF people off though, it's quite an endurance battle with some less than obvious cues and attack patterns. Definitely a boss you need to die to at least once or twice before you start to understand.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
As a tank I found it extremely simple as long as you understand each mechanic. I could see how it could throw a lot of DF people off though, it's quite an endurance battle with some less than obvious cues and attack patterns. Definitely a boss you need to die to at least once or twice before you start to understand.

Yeah eventually I got it down pretty well. I felt bad for the Black Mages though.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished 2.3 content. What a slog, man.

People have told me 2.4 starts to pick up, and hey, I saw my first little glimpse of Ishgard, there. I'll start it tomorrow, I think!

As someone who just finished that a couple days, it does pick up quite a bit story wise, though the formula is still a bit frustratingly the same (lots of story, teleporting, like 2 actual quests, dungeon / trial). But even with that, it's still a lot more enjoyable.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
The 1st few wipes was tough as blm in e4n
But once u understand the fight, it's not that hard

Status
Not open for further replies.