• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
can you see what your DPS is on ps4 somehow?
No, because SE doesn't want people to harass bad DPS. It's dumb because everything on this game is just a DPS race so seeing numbers is kinda important. So we have this awkward in between situation where SE won't go after you for using ACT, but it's technically against the TOS so they'll ban you for harassing bad players if they report you. It's so dumb of a setup because PS4 players just get fucked by it.

Their bandaid fix was the SSS dummies but they aren't very helpful beyond getting a baseline on if you suck ass or not.

Tegami

Oct 25, 2017
Started leveling my alt Gunbreaker. Is there a general rule of thumb for how often you should replace your gear so that you don't struggle to hold aggro?

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the last A Realm Reborn quest. That was quite the ending!

To bed now and then tomorrow, at some point, Heavensward beckons.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the Leviathan quest line and I enjoyed it a ton. Unless the patch content gets incredibly worse, I have little problem going through with this.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a good place to see what the various Beast Tribe armours look like? FFXIVstyle doesn't seem to have it AFAICT.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any talk about starting another Era FC? Seems like there are lots of people who would be interesting in joining... but no way to get on Ultros.

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How long did it take to do the extra 100 quests at level 50? That's the most intimidating part for me.
Well I came back a few weeks ago at level 47, I was playing with mates so wasn't playing all the time by any means. Had a great time so it is worth doing.

Also, watched the cinematic, suitably hyped!

Last edited:

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Just finished the last A Realm Reborn quest. That was quite the ending!

To bed now and then tomorrow, at some point, Heavensward beckons.

Are you SURE you're finished with A Realm Reborn? A lot of people think they are when they get to the end of 2.0, but then they still have 2.1-2.5 to go through.

JamboGT

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Are you SURE you're finished with A Realm Reborn? A lot of people think they are when they get to the end of 2.0, but then they still have 2.1-2.5 to go through.
Definitely, a few weeks ago I had a look at the list of quests. Also I got credits, I got a Heavensward title screen and am in a new area.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
How long did it take to do the extra 100 quests at level 50? That's the most intimidating part for me.
I played up until the OG ARR's ending in 2016 & resumed playing on July 2nd this year and was done with the pre-HW 2.xx MSQs yesterday. I did not play everyday and even on some of the days I did play I only played for a little over an hour or so (often going from one Primal fight and stopping right before another in one day), though yesterday I played for, like, 7-8 hours as I found myself unable to stop until I had finished 2.xx pre-HW stuff :D. That included very minimal side-questing. I was mostly just rushing to the next quest marker, while doing some FATE-fighting & daily duties with a friend & his fiancé as well.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Just got 77 doing this xD

tenor.gif

That Thancred scenario was quite good, finally got to play Gunbreaker.
Yup, ez pz! FATEs have never been better, too, if you're looking for something to fill with that isn't sidequests.

I know a lot of people seem to say A Realm Reborn is really a trudge through the mud. But me and 2 of my friends are questing together and we're loving it and the cool little story elements so far. So if this game just gets better from here then I'm super excited. I'm currently level 24 and I'm still trying to do all the starter quests in Ul'dah's starting zones. So much fun man.
ARR hate is kind've memetic at this point among established players. It takes a while to ramp up, and Praetorium is a snooze, but it gets better as it runs (with the last few story patches raising the bar a lot before Heavensward did the same). The 2.x patches are just a lot to go through all at once, so people should pace themselves on them.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I'm only level 74 black mage and man they fixed all the problems with the job. It feels so amazing!

Yup. And it only gets better. Sharpcast on 30 seconds, casting ice spells from 0mp, single target foul, double poly's and insta cast single target fouls. It's all fucking glorious. Wait until you do trash mobs in the 80 dungeons. You will have moments where you sharpcast thunder 4s and get triple procs within 10 seconds, triple cast triple flares, double fouls all in 30 seconds.

Last edited:

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I know a lot of people seem to say A Realm Reborn is really a trudge through the mud. But me and 2 of my friends are questing together and we're loving it and the cool little story elements so far. So if this game just gets better from here then I'm super excited. I'm currently level 24 and I'm still trying to do all the starter quests in Ul'dah's starting zones. So much fun man.
Anything is better with friends when you can trash talk your way through the boring bits and experiencing the more HYPE! parts is elevated as you experience & get excited about some twists & turns together at the same time.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
So I just started playing, I made the mistake of choosing Conjurer as my starting class, as I thought it was a damage dealing mage. I got to level 11 and I was stuck in one town so switched over to Archer. I finally got to the level 15 quests after having to relevel my archer and got to leave my starting town. Now the world is opening up and I don't know what to do. I don't really want to be a bard but the thought of starting a whole new class over again kinda sucks. I was thinking Rogue as I like dagger dealing classes but I wasn't thrilled with their skills(they didn't seem too fun), or doing a damage dealing mage. Any thoughts or suggestions? Should I just stick it out with an archer?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
So I just started playing, I made the mistake of choosing Conjurer as my starting class, as I thought it was a damage dealing mage. I got to level 11 and I was stuck in one town so switched over to Archer. I finally got to the level 15 quests after having to relevel my archer and got to leave my starting town. Now the world is opening up and I don't know what to do. I don't really want to be a bard but the thought of starting a whole new class over again kinda sucks. I was thinking Rogue as I like dagger dealing classes but I wasn't thrilled with their skills(they didn't seem too fun), or doing a damage dealing mage. Any thoughts or suggestions? Should I just stick it out with an archer?
Palace of the Dead allows you to try out jobs at higher levels to give a better idea of how jobs play at higher (though not quite max) level, I think?

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
If you want a mage go with Black Mage, they are one of the highest damage dealing ranges magical classes in the game who deal fire, ice, and thunder damage. Another option would be Summoner who uses damage over time spells and summons to attack with.

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
If you want a mage go with Black Mage, they are one of the highest damage dealing ranges magical classes in the game who deal fire, ice, and thunder damage. Another option would be Summoner who uses damage over time spells and summons to attack with.
BLM is actually top damage overall right now I believe.

raangz

Oct 30, 2017
Just resubbed. Couldn't resist all the hype and praise I've been hearing here :D

I'm debating starting a new character (Ultros is where everyone is right?) because I don't really remember anything so I'd probably like to replay... my current main is a 60 MNK but it feels like a mess starting where I left off. Don't really mind redoing the ARR stuff bc I wanna do it all from beginning to end!

Is this a silly idea or should I just continue playing my main?

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Just resubbed. Couldn't resist all the hype and praise I've been hearing here :D

I'm debating starting a new character (Ultros is where everyone is right?) because I don't really remember anything so I'd probably like to replay... my current main is a 60 MNK but it feels like a mess starting where I left off. Don't really mind redoing the ARR stuff bc I wanna do it all from beginning to end!

I would continue with your character. You could watch a few recap videos to get a refresh on the story and if you feel rusty with the game mechanics you could do lower levels dungeons to get back into the groove. I very much regret deleting my old character who had cleared ARR. It wasn't all bad, but it's only in this 50+ range that the game feels engaging at all.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's not inherently silly, but you won't be able to make a character on Ultros so if that's the reason, don't.

I came back after 4 years at the end of Stormblood and it didn't take long to get back into the swing of things,

raangz

Oct 30, 2017
Cool thanks for the tips :D I'll stick with my main then. Prob start a new class to get back into the swing of things!!

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Keeper of the Lake has been the most interesting dungeon so far. Just a beautiful location and the boss mechanics were actually a bit interesting.

EDIT:

So a question about what stuff you can display as Glamour...

What are the restrictions? I figure you can display anything that you can equip with any given class... but does this apply to items that are assigned to all? I couldn't get an earring that everyone can equip to show up on my WAR for example.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Keeper of the Lake has been the most interesting dungeon so far. Just a beautiful location and the boss mechanics were actually a bit interesting.

EDIT:

What are the restrictions? I figure you can display anything that you can equip with any given class... but does this apply to items that are assigned to all? I couldn't get an earring that everyone can equip to show up on my WAR for example.

The restriction is that the glamour piece has to be something that your Job can wear, that's about it I believe

PeacefulDream

Oct 25, 2017

EDIT:

You can use anything your current class can equip that's the same level or lower than the item that you're changing the appearance of.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe how long it took me to figure out Urianger VA is the same as Balthier's.
I thought he sounded like Professor Layton but he wasn't.

I did figure out Taliesin Jaffe is the voice actor of that one dude whose name starts with a T (Tarcherie? Tarager? Tergier? I'm bad with names, lol).

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, speaking of Urianger I wish the VOs got better direction on all the elezen names. Alphinaud and Urianger in particular have like 3 or 4 variants so far, from what I've played (starting Stormblood). Heavensward is a whirlwind of pronunciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.