• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Have I missed the window for all the cool shit in the game by spending a whole week doing the story?

I fear I missed the window for fate chains and grinding as well as all the other cool stuff. People are too quick i s2g

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Have I missed the window for all the cool shit in the game by spending a whole week doing the story?

I fear I missed the window for fate chains and grinding as well as all the other cool stuff. People are too quick i s2g

I wouldn't ever describe fates as cool stuff but there's still plenty of people doing them. You can buy stuff with the stones you get from fates in new areas

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Final boss fight:

So it's totally canon that the warrior of light is fighting with other world's warriors of light, right? This question has always bugged me in other stuff too as a couple time the story recognizes you are doing this with other adventurers sometimes but other times it acts as though you are doing it solo.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Final boss fight:

So it's totally canon that the warrior of light is fighting with other world's warriors of light, right? This question has always bugged me in other stuff too as a couple time the story recognizes you are doing this with other adventurers sometimes but other times it acts as though you are doing it solo.

In this specific situation. In Stormblood I believe the canon explanation is that you happened to have your adventurer buddies nearby to do those fights.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Just had to report a Samurai who decided to pull the last boss of Dohn Mheg because they claimed the tank was slow and the tank was the "worst tank they've seen since they resubbed", just with added profanity. When I called them out on it, they said that they could because they had an 80 tank themselves, which I do as well.

1) If the tank is going too slow, tell them before the last boss maybe?
2) It's a leveling dungeon and people's buttons have changed a lot, give them a bit
3) The tank actually was chaining pulls (pulling 1-2 packs at once, moving on from a single pack to another pack as it died).

I.e. the tank was doing a perfectly fine job in a leveling dungeon

Overall, I just don't understand why people complain about finishing a leveling dungeon in under 20 minutes with a random group, that is about as good as you can ask for.

Oh well, reported them to a GM and they'll take a ban.

Silav101

Oct 26, 2017
Just had to report a Samurai who decided to pull the last boss of Dohn Mheg because they claimed the tank was slow and the tank was the "worst tank they've seen since they resubbed", just with added profanity. When I called them out on it, they said that they could because they had an 80 tank themselves, which I do as well.

2) It's a leveling dungeon and people's buttons have changed a lot, give them a bit
3) The tank actually was chaining pulls (pulling 1-2 packs at once, moving on from a single pack to another pack as it died).

Overall, I just don't understand why people complain about finishing a leveling dungeon in under 20 minutes with a random group, that is about as good as you can ask for.

Doing Hydaelyn's work, you are! I can't stand people who complain and cuss people out like that. You pull, you tank.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Jeez, people like them is what makes people like me want to never play the group content in MMOs haha

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Spent the past 24 hrs finally starting on the crafting jobs.l after skipping them by after first coming back. Got sick of all the locked quests that kept popping up so I started them. Got all of them to level 20. I'm tired.

Silav101

Oct 26, 2017
Spent the past 24 hrs finally starting on the crafting jobs.l after skipping them by after first coming back. Got sick of all the locked quests that kept popping up so I started them. Got all of them to level 20. I'm tired.
Leveling crafters? Oh, my. That is a long, arduous and above all else expensive proposition if you don't level gatherers as well haha

Unlike WoW, however, crafting, gathering and fishing are their own game-in-a-game, with rotations, multiple skills and questlines. At least the actual crafting parts can be macroed.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, like HONESTLY, I often see the bad from the community more than the good. I mean most content is like "hello ty cya" which is fine but I often get insufferable people more than I can handle.

People flips out after one (1) wipe in alliance raids, I can't even count the number of people who spams vote abandon out of pure spite

I'm in EU servers so maybe the situation is different in NA

YellowMustard

Banned
Jul 2, 2019
This game does not get enough praise for supporting both a keyboard and mouse configuration and a gamepad setup and doing it all so well.

boblemoche

Nov 3, 2017

That's weird, I also play EU, yesterday I was in an horrible group on Titania, we wiped 6 times, and all the while people were still motivated and really nice to each other.
And it's really usual for me, most of the time it's "ty gg" but the few times I had difficulties in a group, people were really graceful about it.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017

Funny that you mention a Samurai. I had a Samurai once when I was leveling Paladin that wanted to rush through the dungeon and kept pulling EVERYTHING. He wasn't an asshole and claimed it was because he was so used to tanking but it was still really annoying. Everyone kept asking him why the fuck he kept doing it. He almost died at several points. As the tank, I really just felt like letting him die. If you're not a tank, just don't pull please.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Honestly, like HONESTLY, I often see the bad from the community more than the good. I mean most content is like "hello ty cya" which is fine but I often get insufferable people more than I can handle.

People flips out after one (1) wipe in alliance raids, I can't even count the number of people who spams vote abandon out of pure spite

Also EU. I'm in the Light datacentre, maybe the other one is worse for this? Or maybe it's just bad/good luck?

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Funny that you mention a Samurai. I had a Samurai once when I was leveling Paladin that wanted to rush through the dungeon and kept pulling EVERYTHING. He wasn't an asshole and claimed it was because he was so used to tanking but it was still really annoying. Everyone kept asking him why the fuck he kept doing it. He almost died at several points. As the tank, I really just felt like letting him die. If you're not a tank, just don't pull please.
As a healer, I let this people die, until they leave or someone pulls a vote abandon

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in Chaos. Most of my experience is that people have no patience or someone rudely leaves after one try in a practice pf group like they expected something else

You're not alone. Yes the community is mostly really nice and helpful, but do Savage and Extreme content and you'll find plenty of assholes who are impatient, say stuff like "really" or "wow" after a wipe, talk shit, or leave after a couple wipes. And of course before they leave they gotta say one last thing to shit on the group. It's one of the reasons I've sworn off Savage content. It's not only time consuming but that behavior is draining.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
You're not alone. Yes the community is mostly really nice and helpful, but do Savage and Extreme content and you'll find plenty of assholes who are impatient, say stuff like "really" or "wow" after a wipe, talk shit, or leave after a couple wipes. And of course before they leave they gotta say one last thing to shit on the group. It's one of the reasons I've sworn off Savage content. It's not only time consuming but that behavior is draining.
It's one of the reasons I quit hardcore raiding. I know that isn't a problem exclusively to FF14, every MMO raiding community is toxic. Which is sad since I really enjoyed raiding a lot.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For as nice and welcoming as the XIV community can be, there's just as many salty and toxic players as any other MMO, especially in endgame raiding. The main difference is that most of them won't straight up tell you to go kill yourself in-game.

Same old story as FFXI, to be perfectly frank.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

They won't get banned.

Secondly, I hate when people say someone is tanking slow. This causes people with tank anxiety to pull too much thinking someone is going to call them slow and then they just die from pulling too much when the healer can't keep up. This also will now cause people to just say "If you want to do dungeons, why don't you just use Trusts if you want to go slow?"

Shithole people exist in this game, but they are a rarity for the most part.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That interaction with the WoD under the lake where the Warrior realizes that Voerburt is Alt-Ishgard was crushing. I knew that was what it was meant to be from the placement on the world map, but having the player character figure it out too...woof.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
People who use PF to clear/farm a current raid tier must have all the patience in the world. If I wasn't in a group I would never attempt PF past the first 2 fights. The amount of trap parties that would waste your time must be insane.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
People who use PF to clear/farm a current raid tier must have all the patience in the world. If I wasn't in a group I would never attempt PF past the first 2 fights. The amount of trap parties that would waste your time must be insane.

The first two fights in Omega were all I could stomach on PF, except for Alphascape. Chaos was fucking rough. So much bitching, so much quitting. Hopefully ShB's is better. I like to at least get the accessories before quitting raiding.

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
By the way, anyone here disappointed that
The two jesters are just dead like that, instead of morphing into a FF9 Zorn & Thorn type of deal. I mean c'mon they also serve a fatso.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
That interaction with the WoD under the lake where the Warrior realizes that Voerburt is Alt-Ishgard was crushing. I knew that was what it was meant to be from the placement on the world map, but having the player character figure it out too...woof.

Yeah that was a heavy moment. Honestly from the moment I first stepped into the Eulmore region looking at the map it was a major "holy crap!" moment for me when I realized that we are basically in a mirror world of Eorzea. It's funny because a few of my friends aren't seeing it and are saying: "Yeah some things look similar to The Source but it's not a mirror-world!" while I'm walking through the locations and looking at the map wondering how someone can not realize it.

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017

I did it for O1S to O12S, each tier takes about 8-10 weeks of playing.

The trick is to always look for parties that are asking to be on the next mechanics that you are trying to learn. For example if you want to learn Panto1, join a Panto2 group for O11s. Because trust me very little groups can actually get to the mechanics they are advertising, and you definitely won't be the only ones messing up.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Yeah that was a heavy moment. Honestly from the moment I first stepped into the Eulmore region looking at the map it was a major "holy crap!" moment for me when I realized that we are basically in a mirror world of Eorzea. It's funny because a few of my friends aren't seeing it and are saying: "Yeah some things look similar to The Source but it's not a mirror-world!" while I'm walking through the locations and looking at the map wondering how someone can not realize it.
I noticed we were in a "Zelda Dark world" situation since the desert area.That place where the sin eater victims are waiting for their deaths looks just like the Ala Mihgan refugee camp in Thanalan.Getting into Eulmore confirmed my suspicion since it looks just like the areas of Limsa Lominsa

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'll most likely never play a tank in this game because I don't want the stress of trying to keep the group happy with how efficiently I pull and having to have every Duty memorized perfectly. Or if I do it'll be after I've played for like a year.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed we were in a "Zelda Dark world" situation since the desert area.That place where the sin eater victims are waiting for their deaths looks just like the Ala Mihgan refugee camp in Thanalan.Getting into Eulmore confirmed my suspicion since it looks just like the areas of Limsa Lominsa

Well for me the Eulmore area came before the desert since you could chose which one you do first but yeah Zelda Dark World situation puts it very well! Honestly the realization also put a big grin on my face. Especially since it isn't a blatant copy, the areas are vastly different but there are still so many spots where it's obvious what they should be like the refugee camp yeah. I went to Eulmore first because Limsa is one of my favorite areas in the game and see the map I knew what was up and I wanted to see mirror Limsa only to be quite disgusted, but not in a bad way.

blonded

Oct 30, 2017
I did it for O1S to O12S, each tier takes about 8-10 weeks of playing.

The trick is to always look for parties that are asking to be on the next mechanics that you are trying to learn. For example if you want to learn Panto1, join a Panto2 group for O11s. Because trust me very little groups can actually get to the mechanics they are advertising, and you definitely won't be the only ones messing up.
This works sometimes but you also get a ton of clear"must have enrage exp" groups failing basic mechanics

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Well for me the Eulmore area came before the desert since you could chose which one you do first but yeah Zelda Dark World situation puts it very well! Honestly the realization also put a big grin on my face. Especially since it isn't a blatant copy, the areas are vastly different but there are still so many spots where it's obvious what they should be like the refugee camp yeah. I went to Eulmore first because Limsa is one of my favorite areas in the game and see the map I knew what was up and I wanted to see mirror Limsa only to be quite disgusted, but not in a bad way.

Hell, the ruined castle you land in when you go to Aem Arenh looks a hell of a lot like old Ala Mhigan architecture.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
This works sometimes but you also get a ton of clear"must have enrage exp" groups failing basic mechanics

Don't forget "clear for one." I was actually in a static once for like a week. That's definitely the way to do it. But they were west coast while I was east so it didn't work out. Can't even really raid with my FC because they're already doing Titania EX while I'm still level 75. I also don't like them much lol. Raiding is rough.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I'll most likely never play a tank in this game because I don't want the stress of trying to keep the group happy with how efficiently I pull and having to have every Duty memorized perfectly. Or if I do it'll be after I've played for like a year.
I used to think like this but I promise you tanking is not as difficult as people make it sound.

The only time you need to be a god tier level player is MAYBE Raiding. In regular encounters there are two different visual cues to watch for when you might lose aggro, and outside of that you're just dps'ing as normal. With the new Tank changes Tanking is almost "too" easy now.

All you have to do is aoe to start, pull the enemy, and other than that keep your dps alive by turning the boss away from them and avoiding mechanics that everyone else usually has to as well.

Tanking is responsibility sure, but you're really just a slower dps and your job is to keep the enemy list Red/Square on you.

Deleted member 22070

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm level 15ish on the trial right now and damn I missed a very classic, effective MMO like that with what appears to be a LOT of content which is definitely appealing.

Problem : I know literally no one on this game, none of my friends or people I know are on it and the fact that the trial doesn't even let you use other chans, /tell players etc. doesn't help either (that's super dumb btw, wtf is that ?).

So, yeah, I'm super hesitant right now.

tenor.gif

EDIT : maybe I should add that I'm really old school, first hour MMO vet (M59, UO beta / release, EQ1 etc.) so the social component of an MMO for me is crucial, I personally see zero point in playing one always alone with no friends or clan or community.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What people don't realize is that in leveling dungeons, tanks and Healers might not have level synced gear to pull several packs of monks each time.

And since they changed the level dungeon design they purposely made so you can't really pull half the dungeon anymore.

Unless is old dungeon content I don't pull more than 2 groups as a tank.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
What people don't realize is that in leveling dungeons, tanks and Healers might not have level synced gear to pull several packs of monks each time.

And since they changed the level dungeon design they purposely made so you can't really pull half the dungeon anymore.

I noticed that the other day. It didn't really seem possible to do big pulls because of some barrier or something. I've only done the first two dungeons though so idk.

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The key is to either ask the healer and/or quickly inspect the healer at the start to make sure their gear is above board. If you're in Bardam's and your healer's in Regular Old Shire gear, maybe don't pull big.

If they start getting overwhelmed, slow down. If the DPS aren't killing things quickly, slow down.

And yeah, from what I've seen, most of the ShB dungeons won't let you go very far.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that the other day. It didn't really seem possible to do big pulls because of some barrier or something. I've only done the first two dungeons though so idk.

Yeah, on first lvl 50 ARR dungeons you could basically pull like the whole dungeon in like 2 big pulls. They started designing dungeons will more barriers and other stoppers to avoid that.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
In my opinion, If I'm playing as a tank and I am playing with randoms I rarely pull big. It isn't worth the effort and pulling small groups vs pulling big often times result on the same clear time due to slow dps or healers that can't keep up.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Healers have damage options, they have to otherwise they could never get through any of the main story, it's just the options are boring and aren't as powerful. SCH and WHM can still contribute to party dps but it doesn't feel good. ASTs dps is so laughably bad now that they are actually wasting time and mana to bother dpsing during a fight.
AST's potencies are all shit(both heals and DPS), but I still pull over 4k on the extremes, yeahs it's not WHM's 6-7k, but it is worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.