• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
Embarrassingly ignorant question: what do you do with squadrons? I was invited to raise a squadron for the Immortal Flames, so I hired five people and send them off on a city patrol (I think) which raised their stats.

What do you eventually do with these people?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Embarrassingly ignorant question: what do you do with squadrons? I was invited to raise a squadron for the Immortal Flames, so I hired five people and send them off on a city patrol (I think) which raised their stats.

What do you eventually do with these people?
You can run dungeons with them, not unlike trusts. But only certain ones.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly given that this is a FF game

I'm going to guess we eventually take down both Hydaelyn and Zodiark, and then the ultimate true final boss will be whatever was the cause of the original Amaurot calamity. I know they said it was weird natural causes but I don't buy it.
I'll never quit now cause I want to see if this happens

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Okay, so I think this question is vague enough that it doesn't need spoiler tagged, but I'll do it anyway - regarding the actual quests:

Do I really need to finish a level 80 quest to continue with the level 79 MSQ?

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Quick question: Is the amount of exp you get per dungeon with the Trust system the same as doing them with other players?

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
but its much slower.

Much much much slower, lol.

I think trusts are good for one run, they let me go slowly and appreciate the amount of work that goes into the dungeons (the design, the levels, the scripted sequences, plus learning mechanics) but after that it's just more efficient to run standard duty finder.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Any recommendation for a solo class or a fun one for beginner at least?

I feel Red Mage is the best designed class for solo and progression play. Simple but fun system, and has a toolkit for literally everything. But the kicker is that you can only get that job at level 50.

Starting out I think it's better to play a tank because of faster queues and more engagement during low level dungeons. And WAR personally feels better to play between the two. You can also play healer (WHM) which is super in demand right now, but it's kinda boring at low level play because you're just spamming stone and tossing out the occasional heals.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never felt like the trust were that much slower than running with with other players but maybe the fact that I'm a black mage helps with that.

scy

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried it a few times and it really doesn't seem that much slower. Parsing shows the other DPS at ~8k, though I wouldn't be surprise to find that's ACT reporting the full party incorrectly. Still, it's ~24m runs on average when I was doing it on Dancer with DF varying around 16-20m depending on pulls and people actually AoEing (which was basically never tbh). 6 minute queues and it's more-or-less a wash but once you get to 8, 10, 12, etc. mintue long queues? Pretty easy swap.

The EXP gain for the Trust NPCs, though, is stupid. They need 12 runs of the 71 dungeon to get to 73. You'll need far less than that due to Armory and EXP buffs.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Just did the 3rd dungeon and got the Big Ass Lore Dump..........me and my friends stopped playing after that scene and just talked for a good hour about what we just learned and are left sorta baffled, theory crafting and such.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
Does this game always have this much maintenance? I've missed out on two nights this week now because of this shit.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Does this game always have this much maintenance? I've missed out on two nights this week now because of this shit.
It's a new expansion release for a MMO, this is nothing new. Also if it did... I think people would be masochists for wanting to keep playing if this was the norm for any game lol (No it doesn't always have this much.)

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
I swear when I logged on this morning, the maintenance was only supposed to be for an hour. Hrrrrrmmnnn.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
So did anyone notice any scaling issues during the Final Trial of the expansion? The 79 one. I have 67K HP outdoors, but inside the trial it scaled me down to 60K even though I'm 6 ilevel below the cap. Because of this it was statistically impossible for me to survive the ultimate move even with perfect execution.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Finally hit 80 MCH, such a good job now it's a ton of fun. Automaton Queen is pretty awesome and it looks cool just standing around lol.

Ipgp5X0.png

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Spent six straight days getting through the Shadowbringers MSQ. Even though I did do some crafting and gathering, watched every cutscene, and spoke to every NPC repeatedly as they changed dialogue while progressing through the story...I'm still surprised how many people got through it before me. There were gunbreakers and dancers in my final dungeons, while I have done nothing but eat and sleep since Early Access started. I don't know how they do it.

On the train back to work now, so my Shadowbringers vacation is over...

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spent six straight days getting through the Shadowbringers MSQ. Even though I did do some crafting and gathering, watched every cutscene, and spoke to every NPC repeatedly as they changed dialogue while progressing through the story...I'm still surprised how many people got through it before me. There were gunbreakers and dancers in my final dungeons, while I have done nothing but eat and sleep since Early Access started. I don't know how they do it.

On the train back to work now, so my Shadowbringers vacation is over...
Here in the US, its now time for a 4 day weekend

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Well, got to credits about 10 minutes before the Maint.

Yep.

My Feelings on what went on:

giphy.gif

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
So Lightwardens are/were a thing in the Source as well?

If that question veers into spoiler territory then disregard.
To add to the first reply you got, aether-aspected critters are basically possible in all sorts of configurations, but the 1st and 13th shards are unique in that they've been overrun with one dominant aetherial aspect (light and darkness, respectively). Play the Crystal Tower alliance raid series if you're curious about what happens when darkness eats a shard. As far as we know though, the thirteenth has been entirely lost.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Got to Il Mheg today

What a pretty zone after the fog clears up. Really evokes that 'fantasy' setting. Wanted to go around exploring it but maintenance hit soon after I had a nice log chat with Urianger in the MSQ.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird that the Trust dungeon runs feels so slow. The damage of your squadron in Command Missions seems sky high in comparison. Perhaps they need to tune it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.