• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I'm in the same spot. I only need to do a leveling roulette to start the next but still, I would rather not have to do dailies at all. I just wanna enjoy the MSQ.

yeah being gated by exp is a pain since it's just repeating old content and waiting 10min each queue. I'm surprised ppl already at lvl 80 and I'm only at lvl 72 and just unlocked GNB and DNC today. Not sure if just really slow player or skipping CS.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I want to share a few thoughts before I go to bed, so far just hitting level 71 and doing the MSQ I'm nothing short of amazed by Shadowbringers. The team really always nails what they want to go for, Heavensward still felt like a place in Eorzea but kind of wondrous and desolate, Stormblood really made you feel like in a far-away land and Shadowbringers, it really makes you feel like you are in a whole different world full of despair and hopelessness but yet still not dark but rather bright, it's hard to explain. The new OST is simply breathtaking and I'm not meming around here :P and whenever I port back to my usual place in Limsa to log-out it feels like I'm suddenly in a whole different game coming from the Shadowbringers areas it's just that much of a positive atmospheric contrast.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Half way to 78, really loving the story so far. Also all the BLM changes, so good.

Kind of tempted to just push all the way to 80.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
GNB to 70, now finally in the First but too tired to explore the town. Can't wait to dive in some more and get some decent gear

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
DNC is a lot of fun, had some other stuff to do today but just hit 73 and am going into the next dungeon. Still ahead of the curve and I'd like to stay that way so will have another massive play session tomorrow

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Pretty early in, but just did 'The Time Left to Us' quest

Seeing Tesleen 'turn' is going to be some nightmare fuel for me lol, especially that part with her eyes and mouth wide open with those bizarre tears coming out. I'm not sure how I feel about her going to such lengths to try to save someone who seems so far gone at this point tthat's he's basically nothing more than a 'husk', but I suppose that's just per personality. Regardless, the scene sure if effective and showing how creepy that transformation is.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Finally done with post-Stormblood MSQ. Goddamn what a slog. Reminded me of post-ARR where it felt like they were daring you to quit playing.

Onto Shadowbringers!

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Aaand, I'm at my first grind gate. I thought y'all said story quests were enough to make it through MSQ unimpeded this time.

No one who has played this game for any meaningful amount of time would have told anyone that about the expansion unless they specifically set out to lie. That or you misconstrued a comment.

If you are a fresh player going into the 2.x series with the expansions, and thus level 60 unlocked, the xp curve from all those quests on top of the HW starting quests can easily put you ahead of the curve until later than normal, like 55/57.

The xp curve depends entirely on how many extra things like dunegon unlocks or roulettes bonuses you do, but the possibility of never replaying a dunegon or doing anything else aside from MSQ was never even a probability

Last edited:

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Got into Stormblood today in my quest to catch up after starting it a month ago.

I gotta say, the Empire anthem gave me legit goosebumps when it played near the start. Why do only the evil nations get the awesome anthems? >,<

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Time to do some leveling. I'm at the first level 73 quest and I'm five million exp from level 73.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Got into Stormblood today in my quest to catch up after starting it a month ago.

I gotta say, the Empire anthem gave me legit goosebumps when it played near the start. Why do only the evil nations get the awesome anthems? >,<

Because they steal them.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright Fyter Fest was awesome now back tho this.
Side note: I literally have not touched Mario Maker 2 since 11pm Thursday night.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I don't know if I can keep playing SCH. Anyone have experience with it post-70?

Feels like they really ripped out the heart of it. No meaningful pet management, fewer aetherflow effects, homogenization of faeries, damage is greatly simplified. I helped a friend run Shiva hard and literally had nothing to use AF stacks on so I used Sacred Soil.

No E4E, no Largesse, no faerie swaps or moving the faerie to manipulate Embrace or dodge AoEs. Dropping Miasma because reasons? No Rouse. Elimination of risk on Dissipate. No Energy Drain. And nothing to replace any of the stuff we lost except AoW for Miasma II.

My other main was AST and, honestly, I'm not excited about digging into it.

I guess there's always WHM, but meh.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
Really weird question:

I'm getting ready to restart from scratch having not played since 2013 at ARR launch. If I already have a character on Leviathan, which is not congested, can I create a new character on Leviathan or am I subject to the same bullshit everyone else is of not being able to create a character on a congested server?

My character is only level 21 so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to just continue playing that character, but I'd really rather start over entirely and I'd really rather not be on a low-pop server.

I've tried to google this and just can't get a straight answer.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Really weird question:

I'm getting ready to restart from scratch having not played since 2013 at ARR launch. If I already have a character on Leviathan, which is not congested, can I create a new character on Leviathan or am I subject to the same bullshit everyone else is of not being able to create a character on a congested server?

My character is only level 21 so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to just continue playing that character, but I'd really rather start over entirely and I'd really rather not be on a low-pop server.

Server congestion lockdown is in effect for everyone, regardless of which servers they have characters on.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would people buy the skip to level 70? Is it meant for people with alts?
I can see newcomers being put off by playing 3 games and their patches to qualify for that cool game Tom Holland advertised. I think the games better with the history but it's not like they cant go back if they are interested in that history either

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really weird question:

You can't create a new one even if you have a character on the server.

Also there are no low pop servers, and even if there were it wouldn't matter because servers don't mean anything beyond FCs, all content is done crossworld and you can even go to any server on your Data Center whenever you'd like.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
You can't create a new one even if you have a character on the server.

Also there are no low pop servers, and even if there were it wouldn't matter because servers don't mean anything beyond FCs, all content is done crossworld and you can even go to any server on your Data Center whenever you'd like.

Ok so I just need to find an opening on a primal data center server at some point but they're all congested or not accepting new characters. Pretty frustrating honestly.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so I just need to find an opening on a primal data center server at some point but they're all congested or not accepting new characters. Pretty frustrating honestly.
What's wrong with your already made character? Not having to do the intro is a good thing

Also a server will allow character creation on primal within an hour or 2.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Finally did level 71 dungeon (too much running around and leveling DNC)

Holy shit the dungeon design. The pseudo "open world" ness, the music, and the environment is perfect. A major step up from Stormblood dungeons for sure. And if you bring Alisae with you, she has extra dialogue after you defeat Tesleen.

Lakeland and Crystarium atmosphere feels a lot better than before, it's good for my eyes now.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean unless you want to play with friends (who don't want to play with you going through the old stuff for whatever reason) then I don't know why you would skip all of Heavensward and Stormblood especially.

They didn't magically become shit just because they aren't the latest expansion.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Well... I guess this is the pit fall of starting an MMO so late. Seems like it's getting harder and harder to find people running some lower level dungeon/battles.

EDIT: Actually, seems like it's healers who aren't around anymore.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Well... I guess this is the pit fall of starting an MMO so late. Seems like it's getting harder and harder to find people running some lower level dungeon/battles.

EDIT: Actually, seems like it's healers who aren't around anymore.
Not really. This game reward you from running lower level dungeon and even give you reward if you are doing it with first timer. There will always be people running old dungeon because Duty Roulette exist. It's just that queue is a bit wonky right now because too much dps and tank and too few healers.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dawg Black Mages can we talk about how great Umbral Soul is. Especially in dungeons. Like you can transpose as you approach the boss and US twice and not even have to use Blizzard 3. Not to mention it's so good for keeping stances up through mechanics and such. I love it.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Finally did level 71 dungeon (too much running around and leveling DNC)

Holy shit the dungeon design. The pseudo "open world" ness, the music, and the environment is perfect. A major step up from Stormblood dungeons for sure. And if you bring Alisae with you, she has extra dialogue after you defeat Tesleen.

Lakeland and Crystarium atmosphere feels a lot better than before, it's good for my eyes now.

Extra dialogue in the dungeon or after? I didn't bring her but she still had some dialogue.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am willing to stay a bit late if I can make a character on Ultros, anyone knows if I should even try? Is it blocked for the foreseeable future? What would it be the best time?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I am willing to stay a bit late if I can make a character on Ultros, anyone knows if I should even try? Is it blocked for the foreseeable future? What would it be the best time?

It will be locked for a while. You can't make characters on Congested servers, no matter the time of day. Congested servers are completely locked down until Square Enix decides they aren't congested any more.

Edit: If you want to play with Era people, Exodus is open on Primal right now.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will be locked for a while. You can't make characters on Congested servers, no matter the time of day. Congested servers are completely locked down until Square Enix decides they aren't congested any more.

Edit: If you want to play with Era people, Exodus is open on Primal right now.

I see. But isnt Era on Ultros? I probably thinking something wrong here.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I see. But isnt Era on Ultros? I probably thinking something wrong here.

It is, but they added World Visit in 4.5. You can visit other servers on the same Data Center. There are also Cross Server Linkshells and Part Finder and Duty Finder world across worlds on the same Data Center.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. This game reward you from running lower level dungeon and even give you reward if you are doing it with first timer. There will always be people running old dungeon because Duty Roulette exist. It's just that queue is a bit wonky right now because too much dps and tank and too few healers.

You are probably right. Seemed easier to find people before the update.

Just so I'm not missing it... no way to turn off Warrior's Beast Gauge aura?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
An Eighth Umbral Calamity would be worth it just to rid the world of the pixies.

Status
Not open for further replies.