• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After spending the day with it, love the DRK changes. Feels much more dynamic. It's just pure OGCD madness. Bloodspiller goodness has gone up about 1,000% and doing 5 in a row with delirium feels awesome. Can't wait for my emo fray shadow to fight alongside.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Got a guy at level 77 on my friend list. How on earth.... is there a exp glitch?
It's been active for roughly 15 hours, minus a few minutes of downtime. I could see someone playing the entire time, focusing on only gaining XP and nothing else, rushing as quickly as possible, being able to make it to 77.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Other than a small hitch because of DDoS, the servers have held up perfectly, really impressive from SE at how prepared they were for this

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Got a guy at level 77 on my friend list. How on earth.... is there a exp glitch?
One of my coworkers is one that doesn't like to hit roadblocks during MSQ, he plans on getting to level 80 before even touching the main quest. It's not the worst plan. It means you can go through and just experience the story at your own pace without hold ups.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Other than a small hitch because of DDoS, the servers have held up perfectly, really impressive from SE at how prepared they were for this
They did a really good job designing the start of the expansion around the launch - compared to Stormblood it's a lot longer before any required combat instances, and it splits everybody into a couple different paths so that the groups aren't all in the same zone at the same time. Even when you first get to the city you can visit the important quest points in any order to keep too many people from being in any one part of the city.

Last edited:

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I did it, I spent all day today leveling dancer and I got it all the way to 70. Now all I want to do is play something else lol.

Wolshen

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't been playing since right at Heavensward release, so i would have to play that and the next expansion MSQ before getting access to the new one.

I really can't decide if its worth it :P

Is it going to be fun? How many hours since the start of Heavensward to catch up to the new expansion?
I heard the expansions main story quests are pretty good, im just scared about possible dull/ilvl farming moments in between, i want to experience the story and then get to the current content.

The new machinist is so tempting, but i kind of forgot everything

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay just started playing it again under the free trial. I saw random people with <<Era>> tags, I'm assuming they were from here?

scy

Oct 25, 2017
Currently at 77.5-ish. Think if we didn't take occasional breaks, brief server issues, etc. it'd be 78+? Mainly just constantly going through the MSQ and being tank/healer/DPS premade so queue times are basically just "is there anyone else at this trial/dungeon queueing?" For those asking on the whole how are people 77+ currently.

How is interject suppose to work? Doesn't seem like it stops anything.

The cast bar is completely different for the interruptable casts. Look for a glowing cast bar, the easiest one to reliably see will be the (dungeon spoilers)
73 dungeon, the very first pull has a tether cast that you can interrupt.

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
Bought the digital code from Amazon earlier today but still waiting on the Early Access code. They say it can take up to 48 hours for me to get it :(

giphy.gif

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Any other AST having mana issues in dungeons if they spam damaging spells as we used to?

Also did our regen duration get nerfed or I'm misremembering things? Could have sworn it lasted longer.

Last edited:

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
I know it just came out, but is there any information on what classes got better, worse, stayed the same? Is Red Mage still, so so, did the summoner changes make it better or worse, etc.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm only four or five quests in so far, but already, I'm convinced that the Source is the evil universe.

Aveis

Oct 28, 2017
Timisoara
I know it just came out, but is there any information on what classes got better, worse, stayed the same? Is Red Mage still, so so, did the summoner changes make it better or worse, etc.
Red Mage is actually super fun now!
They added 2 aoe spells before 70 and the overall flow feels great
Thats the class im playing as atm

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

Right now basically no one is max level, so its all guessing. In addition to that, balance adjustments generally don't happen until the launch of the raid, so even if there was a clear answer, stuff will be re-balanced in the next two weeks. With that said, I'm really enjoying DRK!

Baliis

Oct 25, 2017
Any other AST having mana issues in dungeons if they spam damaging spells as we used to?

Also did our regen duration get nerfed or I'm misremembering things? Could have sworn it lasted longer.

Not at all, mana feels better than ever, I can spam so many Gravities.

I dont think its shorter, but its weaker with half the CD. There's also no buff extension anymore which prob makes it feel a lot shorter.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
think viera voice 11 is the best mature-ish type female voice decent battle grunts

7 and 9 are the worst, hope none of you took them lmao

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I haven't been playing since right at Heavensward release, so i would have to play that and the next expansion MSQ before getting access to the new one.

I really can't decide if its worth it :P

Is it going to be fun? How many hours since the start of Heavensward to catch up to the new expansion?
I heard the expansions main story quests are pretty good, im just scared about possible dull/ilvl farming moments in between, i want to experience the story and then get to the current content.

The new machinist is so tempting, but i kind of forgot everything
There's absolutely nothing wrong with coming to this content down the road! You definitely have a long road ahead of you, according to How Long to Beat about 130 hours or so before you've completed Heavensward and Stormblood, but if you enjoyed your time with the game already then you should give coming back a shot!

I'm super hyped for Shadowbringers and seeing that new content, but I'm only just in Heavensward myself. But I'm taking my time and enjoying the journey. It can be so easy to feel like you have to go-go-go and get to the newest content as fast as possible, but XIV is a massive game and you should go at your own pace!

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Fucking Christ i spent like 30 minutes Typing Feo UI when it was fucking Feo U lower case L. FUCK ME TO THE FULLEST.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
It's going to take me a long time to get used to Ten Chi Jin not being tied to the Ninki gauge.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Wow. Right now, only ONE world on all three North American data centers isn't locked down. Malboro is the only server that new characters can be made.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Around 4 hours of play today and I have like a tenth of an xp bar towards 71. Post Stormblood MSQ is the slowest shit possible.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Level 75 & the 2nd dungeon unlocked.

Think I will focus on my role quest & maybe some gathering tomorrow until some friends catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.