• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Will the SB tales be out any time soon, do we know?

I could stand to finish Heavensward... how many hours ot focused MSQ would it take to get through SB?
Wow, I didn't realize it was $25 just for Heavensward, which means probably another $25 for Stormblood. The scenario and level skips are currently on sale through tomorrow, so skipping Heavensward costs $17.50.

One thing to keep in mind, the main story quests are the fastest way to gain XP, so if you use the skips, you gotta grind more.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, it's that hard to get into it?
This close to a product release, I'd assume it's next to impossible unless they open up some space somehow. If you check every night around primetime, all Aether and Primal servers are full up, you can only get on Crystal. There are a few servers that do open up, but I've never seen Ultros specifically.

I ended up looking at this server guide on Reddit (which I'm sure is 100% anecdotal and not necessarily indicative of the larger experience), and went with Adamantoise, as a few folks said it was super casual, inviting, and LGBT friendly.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you both so much I tanked alot on WoW but that was way back in the day almost ten years ago. I'm looking forward to tanking full time in Shadowbringers so I wanna give it my best effort.

I was recommended to rotate Rampart, Sentinel, Rampart on bosses. I'm a PLD, my first time tanking ever. It might be different if you're a different tank I guess. It's been working out ok so far. Sometimes I'll use one of the weaker CDs throughout if the boss has a lot of auto-attacks or something. I'll definitely start tanking more in ShB, especially now that my tank anxiety is basically gone. It helps that everyone is gonna be learning since it's a new expansion. I'm still a baby.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I didn't realize it was $25 just for Heavensward, which means probably another $25 for Stormblood. The scenario and level skips are currently on sale through tomorrow, so skipping Heavensward costs $17.50.

One thing to keep in mind, the main story quests are the fastest way to gain XP, so if you use the skips, you gotta grind more.

Doesn't the skip boost your level too? I would have thought it would put you at the end of the MSQ you skipped at the level required for the next part?

And sorry to keep asking, but any idea how long a focused grind through SB MSQ would take?

I main Destiny 2 atm and don't really have time to properly invest in an MMO, but I love tanking end game dungeons and raids and would really like to jump in for some of that. I don't mind a bit of grind to get ready for that, but an entire MSQ feels too much (knowing how long it took me to get through the last one).

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't the skip boost your level too? I would have thought it would put you at the end of the MSQ you skipped at the level required for the next part?
No, there's a second item (which costs another $25, $17.50 on sale) for boosting job level (and you need one for each class you want to boost). Square specifically wanted to make it pricey to skip ahead, to discourage doing it.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
All the servers on the Primal datacenter where Ultros is located on will probably be labeled as "congested", so you probably won't be able to get in there until the expansion rush is over.

I'd switch since Mateus got shunted off with Balmung in the "RP Dark Corner" of the servers (despite being a roleplayer myself at times) but then I'd lose my house and everything and I'm very proud of my house. And don't feel like spending an eternity to wait for another one.

I'll stick to being with the weirdos on Balmung and the occasional RP when I find someone not being "generic cute girl" or "pirate"

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
Can't wait but I still have no idea what will be my main in ShB between my Bard, Red Mage and Dark Knight.

Pierogi Mage

One Winged Slayer
Dec 7, 2017
Will the trust system be able to be used for lower level dungeons like for alts or just 71-80 dungeons?

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Any guilds @ phoenix eu looking for someone with a 70 AST and 60 WAR with the intention to main WAR?

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't recommend doing a story skip. Just do a level skip and enjoy one of the best stories in gaming.

You gain nothing just dropping into Shadowbringers without experiencing the story.

If you don't want to grind, do the level jump.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
93e839d8b86cfb5284c42c21336bca295810a1d2_75.png

Yes pls mount pls. give now pls.

Oct 27, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Hello yall. Havent played in a while but I plan to jump back in to ffxiv with shadowbringers early access on Friday. I kinda forgot how to play with my lvl 70 jobs (PLD, BLM, AST) and was wondering if there was a guide on how to play them. There also seem to be a lot of changes to the battle system also in 5.0 and don't really know how to navigate around that. I'm just worried that I'm going to bring the party down when I do group content like dungeons, trials, or raids since I don't know how to play my role.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Hello yall. Havent played in a while but I plan to jump back in to ffxiv with shadowbringers early access on Friday. I kinda forgot how to play with my lvl 70 jobs (PLD, BLM, AST) and was wondering if there was a guide on how to play them. There also seem to be a lot of changes to the battle system also in 5.0 and don't really know how to navigate around that. I'm just worried that I'm going to bring the party down when I do group content like dungeons, trials, or raids since I don't know how to play my role.

Note that this will change in two days.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I was recommended to rotate Rampart, Sentinel, Rampart on bosses. I'm a PLD, my first time tanking ever. It might be different if you're a different tank I guess. It's been working out ok so far. Sometimes I'll use one of the weaker CDs throughout if the boss has a lot of auto-attacks or something. I'll definitely start tanking more in ShB, especially now that my tank anxiety is basically gone. It helps that everyone is gonna be learning since it's a new expansion. I'm still a baby.

Blocks and Parries are worth less mitigation now, so they're not really inter-changeable in terms of strength. Since they share a CD i just macro them into one button and mash it out to get them both at the same time.

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with the people who say don't skip the story. This is my favorite Final Fantasy game in terms of story.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I can't comprehend skipping the story. It's a Final Fantasy game. It's like buying a book and going straight to the last chapter. 😐

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
Honestly, I think it's best to just suffer through 2.0 so you can get an even better appreciation of the absurd jump in quality to Heavensward when you suddenly start caring about these characters.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, there's a second item (which costs another $25, $17.50 on sale) for boosting job level (and you need one for each class you want to boost). Square specifically wanted to make it pricey to skip ahead, to discourage doing it.

I wish they should've made the story skips account-wide, for people who like to have alts that could then be leveled in different ways without having to do the tedious early parts all over just to unlock overall functionality. The job ones I can understand being a one-time deal per character.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
What jobs is Dancer sharing gear with? I think I heard it was Machinist and Bard, is that right?

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I personally think the story is worth it. I really really love it. But it's not for everybody and that's okay, especially as it makes an awful first impression, so I don't judge anybody who wants to skip it

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
I dont get people who skip stories in MMO's. Like early WoW, sure i get it, now i would not do it.

But this is a final fantasy game. This is story driven, why on earth would you skip through the story just to rush to end game?

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
I can't comprehend skipping the story. It's a Final Fantasy game. It's like buying a book and going straight to the last chapter. 😐
last year we convinced a friend who's played WoW for years to play FF14 with us.
he spent the entire time bemoaning how everything played better in WoW even though he only got to around a level 30 black mage in FF14.
he skipped every single cutscene, and wouldn't read any of the text in the quests, because he said it was "stupid" and "too wordy" and then would say he likes WoW better because it has a better story and better characters, so my friends and I eventually just stopped playing with him because we were sick of his condescending attitude toward FF14.

he went back to WoW. we said good riddance.

SauceTakoyaki

Jun 24, 2019
Well I basically just had this dream irl.
Except instead of Raubahn Ex, it was players having to line up in front of one computer to like "certify" their accounts.

Dreams are weird @_@
Guess I'm more hyped than I realized.

I never experienced Raubauhn Ex in SB and I kind of would like to in ShB if ever for just once. Player avatars lining up in online video games is like a phenom that I just wanna know.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I dont get people who skip stories in MMO's. Like early WoW, sure i get it, now i would not do it.

But this is a final fantasy game. This is story driven, why on earth would you skip through the story just to rush to end game?
Some people really like running dungeons and raids and stuff, and could care less about the story (most of them come from other MMOs where that really was the game, and the story was just an excuse for more dungeons, or the story wasn't told well like much of WoW). I personally love playing for the story, but I understand that some people like the gameplay mechanics but not the story.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017

Oh God yes, Direwolf looks horrible. Behemoth and Goobue do look silly, so there's some charm in that. But Direwolf is just downright bad.

I Skip the story because I have minimal playtime, but I do go back and read story recaps online. I have minimal playtime and I don't want to spend half my time watching a CS' instead of actually playing the game and getting stuff done.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Asking someone to sit through dozens of hours of mediocre story in anticipation of it eventually getting good is a tough ask. People play the game for different reasons.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
So what's going to be the fastest way to level GNB from 60 to 70 come Friday? My wife wants to get it to 70 so she can do the MSQ with it.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
So what's going to be the fastest way to level GNB from 60 to 70 come Friday? My wife wants to get it to 70 so she can do the MSQ with it.

Get your weekly challenge log as close to finished as you can and then finish it once on GUN. Will be a nice burst of exp. Also do your daily raid and dungeons.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017

For a Tank? Daily Roulette for exp boost, then Heaven on High. If she has the exp boosting earring, then doing the appropriate level 60 dungeon over and over might be faster with instant ques.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dungeons would usually be your best bet for leveling a tank once you're done with daily/weekly stuff, and that may still be the case, but healers will probably be in high demand through DF so you should queue carry her

Status
Not open for further replies.