• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Haven't been convinced I should move off my dragoon main so that's the plan. I haven't played it since last year. Been leveling my white mage and dark knight since I resubbed a week ago. Figured no point relearning all the dragoon combos when they're changing somewhat anyway.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been convinced I should move off my dragoon main so that's the plan. I haven't played it since last year. Been leveling my white mage and dark knight since I resubbed a week ago. Figured no point relearning all the dragoon combos when they're changing somewhat anyway.
DRG isn't changing much. It's still gonna be Combo 1 > Combo 2 > Combo 1 > Combo 2 > etc. with weaving in between. They just removed a buff skill you use between each combo rotation.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
So ready for 5.0, nice job on the OT. First thing I need to do when I get in will be rearranging my hotbars for MCH and RDM. After watching more vids of the MCH changes, I just gotta level that first with some RDM on the side.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Man I really want to get home to really dig into the last of my ShB prep before maint. Going to set up some challenge logs, get naked and log out in Limsa, I think

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
M6Pb9rq.png

My pre-Shadowbringers duder's ready.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I fucking love the new title screen

Animated background of THROWING WIDE THE GATES (?)
The music and how it fades into Prelude

so good

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I am still so bummed what they did to scholar. I want everyone's thoughts and prayers on their balance patch in a few weeks pls. We need to channel that energy.

On the other hand, I have never been more excited to level new jobs than this. I have switch back and forth between leveling smn or BLM first at least half a dozen times. They both look streamlined as fuck it's exciting.

But the return of DRK is what has me most excited. I will worry about being raid ready as a healer after I'm done going msq with DRK. It just feels right.

I pity those dancers trying to get to 70 before msq. I did that as DRK back in 3.0 when it was 20 freaking levels and it is an absolutely draining demoralizing way to start and expansion that I do not recommend

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
FANTASIA REMINDER:

If you plan to use a Fantasia before servers go down, make sure you unequip all items

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
This is the glamour I'm planning to use.

5m5EXJW.jpg

I'm not really satisfied with the boots. None of the purple dyes quite match the cape. I want a little color on them, but I may end up dying them black.

FANTASIA REMINDER:

If you plan to use a Fantasia before servers go down, make sure you unequip all items

And make your new character in the benchmark first, so you don't spend a hour in character creator.

OP
OP
Dark Knight

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I forget, if you've saved a character in the benchmark, do you need to move that character data somewhere or do the benchmark and game automatically share that directory without you having to do anything?

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alrighty, did the most important prep for ShB. Deciding on my glamour.

Muted grays. Ready to become a Schlolarly Warrior of Darkness.

hE8RJM0.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So I just bought my copy on PSN (digital PS4 version) and I forget how to redeem it. Does Sony have to send me a code or anything? I completely forget how this works.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
So I just bought my copy on PSN (digital PS4 version) and I forget how to redeem it. Does Sony have to send me a code or anything? I completely forget how this works.
You just boot it up (after any downloads it might have) and the game prompts you to login so it can tie the game license to your mogstation account.

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
When does the SE store open up the digital codes for the full game? I'm assuming sometime before Tuesday? I already have EA unlocked.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
What's this Trust System? Does this mean I can finally level my Tank classes without being worried about other people noticing how shit I am at them? I'm trying to level Dark Knight so I can be thematically appropriate for the expansion.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
What's this Trust System? Does this mean I can finally level my Tank classes without being worried about other people noticing how shit I am at them? I'm trying to level Dark Knight so I can be thematically appropriate for the expansion.
only in 70+ doungens. also its just ai bots so you can solo lvling dongens.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT. Jumped back in today. Stopped playing a little after seeing Stormbloods credits. The post game is huge. Balancing this and Mario Maker 2 and destiny is going to be a challenge!!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

The Trust system lets you bring along AI-controlled party members and do dungeons and trials. I'm not sure how it works or if you can use them on EVERY duty, but it's designed to let people try events without a full player party at least. I imagine it's harder, though.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
The Trust system lets you bring along AI-controlled party members and do dungeons and trials. I'm not sure how it works or if you can use them on EVERY duty, but it's designed to let people try events without a full player party at least. I imagine it's harder, though.
its only 70+ content. also did they say it works on trails since they normally require 8 people?

OP
OP
Dark Knight

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fairly certain at first it's only for the 71-80 content/duties. I think they said they might look into expanding it downwards through older content someday.
its only 70+ content. also did they say it works on trails since they normally require 8 people?
There literally aren't 7 Trust characters yet so I'm guessing no.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Can't wait to jump in. I'm saying goodbye to my beautiful Elf but I will always remember her through the character creation saves. It's time to go VIERA

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
+2 Eureka melee DPS set
Man I'm so behind despite playing for years. I finally caught up with SB right before...ShB? I guess is the abbreviation? I just found out what Squadrons are and stuff today haha. Been mostly dungeons and MSQ the whole time. It'll be nice to delve into some of these other game modes soon.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yo that thread title is amazing. One of the best.

Time to do what I've done every expansion and level with one of the new classes. Going to run HoH all day Friday to level dancer. Yaaaaaaaay.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
When does the SE store open up the digital codes for the full game? I'm assuming sometime before Tuesday? I already have EA unlocked.
On Tuesday, probably some time early in the morning.
Your EA code gives you access until 7/5 (exactly one week after EA begins), meaning there's a 3 day grace period to put in your code for the full game.
Something to note: if you bought the CE, you get the bonuses when you put in the full game code, not during EA.

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
On Tuesday, probably some time early in the morning.
Your EA code gives you access until 7/5 (exactly one week after EA begins), meaning there's a 3 day grace period to put in your code for the full game.
Something to note: if you bought the CE, you get the bonuses when you put in the full game code, not during EA.
Thanks for the info!

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
Im not 100% on which class I'm taking but im ready and hype!
It'll be RDM, DRK, or DRG
Most likely Dragoon but I need to watch the skill videos again.

FGOKcbu.jpg
15kOhlg.jpg
RD2xVeM.jpg

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Yo that thread title is amazing. One of the best.

Time to do what I've done every expansion and level with one of the new classes. Going to run HoH all day Friday to level dancer. Yaaaaaaaay.
The wait between level 60 and 61 for HoH is such a pain. I hate that you have to be level 61 to get into HoH -___-

Im not 100% on which class I'm taking but im ready and hype!
It'll be RDM, DRK, or DRG
Most likely Dragoon but I need to watch the skill videos again.

FGOKcbu.jpg
15kOhlg.jpg
RD2xVeM.jpg
This and other posts make me wish we had a glamour or designated FFXIV character thread haha.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
The wait between level 60 and 61 for HoH is such a pain. I hate that you have to be level 61 to get into HoH -___-

This and other posts make me wish we had a glamour or designated FFXIV character thread haha.
If you prepare the challenge log, it'll be one leveling roulette basically(you get 35% xp from the 3 log entries for dungeons and should be able to get 65% from the roulette itself with armory bonus). Main concern is wether it pops or not though, but should eventually. After that it's HoH to the top, unless I feel bored and want to do random dungeons on the way.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still not sure what to level first. On the one hand I've already committed to being an AST for a static, on the other AST changes are shitty and I kinda wanna tank again.

Status
Not open for further replies.