• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit here like "holy shit..."
I think that trailer made me more hyped than any FFXIV trailer before it!

Lyse is back!

gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

Nero is back!

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

I like Lyse.
This was totally me, lol

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I am really enjoying Shadowlands atm but FFXIV just has such incredible content every 3-4 months and equally epic trailers. Truly one of the best, if not the best, in the biz.

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait for the final raid tier! Shadowbringers is such a great expansion, but unfortunately due to covid19 there's a long content drought. 5.4 seems like a massive patch to make up for that.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Closer and closer to getting to hear Hydaelyn's side of things rather than the garbage Ascian and Zodiark viewpoint.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but can we trust Hydaelyn?

I think yes. I don't think Final Fantasy XIV tends to tell those kinds of stories where the twists are things like "that person you trusted the entire game was actually evil!"

Things like Answers and Heavensward main theme, the lyrics are from the perspective of Hydaelyn. Hydaelyn is the person who sent Minfilia to save the First in the first place. Everything Hydaelyn has done so far has been for the greater good, so I'm not expecting a big twist of "ZODIARK AND HYDAELYN ARE EQUALLY BAD!" or anything like that. It doesn't make sense given everything we know. Zodiark tempers and wanted to constantly consume life. Emet-Selch tells you he is tempered in the 5.0 quests long before the end. Hydaelyn doesn't temper in that way and never takes over a persons free will. And her entire point of existence was to stop the mindless destruction of life that Zodiark was doing. To stop the constant, neverending sacrifices of life.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zenos and Fandaniel are the most exciting thing about the future.

Give me all that beautiful unabashed chaos.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty interested in Fandaniel. As great as Emet-Selch and Elidibus were in this expansion, they were both very weary and tired and often felt like they were very over all of it and just wanted their plans to come to fruition already. The childlike enthusiasm and glee of Fandaniel is newly appealing after the last few villains we've knocked down. He's just excited that the last unsundered Ascian is gone and he can finally let loose. I'm here for it. I'm very curious to see how his goals are different from Emet, Elidibus, and Lahabrea.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like that we didn't hear a word from Zenos in the trailer. We see him but will he finally be reunited?

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
I don't know, Emet Selch and Elidibus were such fascinating, complex and tragic characters, I'm having a hard time getting excited about the new guy and Zenos who just seem so one-note.

Still everything the FFXIV team has put out has been great so I have hope.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, Emet Selch and Elidibus were such fascinating, complex and tragic characters, I'm having a hard time getting excited about the new guy and Zenos who just seem so one-note.

Still everything the FFXIV team has put out has been great so I have hope.
Emet-Selch seemed one-note when he was first introduced. Just go back and look at his scenes in 4.4 and 4.5 and tell me that gives you the full picture lol. And Elidibus took literally 1-2 patches to make him an interesting character from a nobody.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see em posted, but renders of e9 and e10:
BkDqUiAvH-kOVU9dhRBwDlOsto.jpg

bG4QgILvjqR3e9Hdc4GXy2OUHI.jpg

Interested in Nomura's design for e12. Gaia is a great design, so if he can doing something as great I'll be happy.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Emet-Selch seemed one-note when he was first introduced. Just go back and look at his scenes in 4.4 and 4.5 and tell me that gives you the full picture lol. And Elidibus took literally 1-2 patches to make him an interesting character from a nobody.
This is definitely true which is why I still have hope. Still though, the motivations for the new antagonists seem much more self interested.

Edit: self absorbed might be a better word.

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
The ending part of the trailer gets me super excited since that clock ticking down with memories of everything that has happened during Eden raids is shown is most definitely a big VIII reference.

I'm happy about the music for the first two Eden stages but now that we've seen the two boss fights the only hope left for Ultimecia/Griever is E11. E12 is an original design by Nomura so E11 is hopefully Ultimecia with The Extreme. I want phases of her combining with Griever too.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
We should be learning about the rest of the ancient world eventually, too. We already know the rest of the ancient world wasn't really like Amaurot. There was war, famine, disagreements, etc. That's likely the kind of stuff we'll be hearing from Hydaelyn. Hell, Amaurot itself likely was very different from the memories we came across. Everything was biased towards Zodiark and the Convocation and Emet-Selch's very biased and privileged viewpoint.

This is definitely true which is why I still have hope. Still though, the motivations for the new antagonists seem much more self interested.

Emet-Selch only cared about Amaurot. Notice how his memories basically say nothing of the outside of the world, outside of things that accidentally leaked through like two characters arguing over whether Amaurot should involve itself in the plights of other civilizations on the planet.