• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017

FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online - Complete Edition

The complete FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online experience. Enter the realm of Eorzea and join over 20 million adventurers worldwide. Includes base game and all expansions. Begin the latest chapter and become what you must. Become the Darkness. -Shadowbringers™ -Stormblood™ -Heavensward™ -A Realm...

EqHFDU3WMAEZTJG

Feb 15, 2019
Buy it you wankers, it's a great game. It's also half off on PC which means it's only 20 euro in Europe (30 in NA).

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Have they fixed the thing where it is impossible to sign in with your square enix account no matter how many times you reset your password and deal with their one time code bullshit?

I downloaded a trial and ended up deleting it before I could even play.

3/10

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Same price on Steam and Square Enix Store.

There's also a free trial which is like half the game that you should definitely check out

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Have they fixed the thing where it is impossible to sign in with your square enix account no matter how many times you reset your password and deal with their one time code bullshit?

3/10

What's the situation?
If you never registered one-time password then you don't have to put it in.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown

3/10
Are you sure you have a FFXI/FFXIV Square Enix account and not just a Square Enix Members account? They're two different account systems.
Also, you don't need to have a one time password (although you should if you play a lot to increase the security of your account)

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Are you sure you have a FFXI/FFXIV Square Enix account and not just a Square Enix Members account? They're two different account systems.
Also, you don't need to have a one time password (although you should if you play a lot to increase the security of your account)
Honestly it was a while ago and I'm not sure what exactly the issue was.

I think I couldn't log in no matter what I did and then when I tried to create a new one (assuming they were different, like you said) it assured me I already had an account, so I couldn't do that, or something.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
The free trial lets you play to Lv60 and all main story quests for ARR and Heavensward.

The PS4 client is Pro enhanced so on PS5 the game will run the game at ~1440p60. Not sure what resolution the Pro mode really is but it will be higher than 1080p. If anyone know, feel free to specify.

Just remember that if you actually purchase the game and convert your free trial account to a normal account, you no longer have free trial status and you must start paying a monthly subscription after your 30 free days. This applies even if you don't reach Lv60 or completed the story quests.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Still annoyed that since I have an account, I don't get free to play till 60.

awesome game though

They usually have these Free Login Campaigns that let old players play for free for 96 hours (real time hours, not in-game hours). A good way of letting people get a taste of a new patch. The next campaign should be sometime in January.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Should I purchase this now or should I wait until I beat heavensaward in the free trial?
If you're near the end of HW, I'd say go for it. You'd let some XP go to waste
If you're not near the end of HW (and you're buying it via PSN), wait, because when you buy it via PSN it automatically registers the next time you boot up the game, ending your free trial immediately
if you plan on playing the whole game then yeah you can get the sale now and apply the code later on
Not if they're buying via PSN. It registers the game immediately the next time it's booted up if you buy it on PSN, you can only hold onto the code for physical PS4 copies and PC copies
Oh, so I can play the free trial in my own pace up till Lvl 60?
Yes.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so I can play the free trial in my own pace up till Lvl 60?

Not once you've got the full game registered to your Square Enix account. On Steam at least you can buy the full game on sale but simply not register it until you're done with the free trial, but I'd guess that doesn't work if you buy it from SE directly.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Not once you've got the full game registered to your Square Enix account. On Steam at least you can buy the full game on sale but simply not register it until you're done with the free trial, but I'd guess that doesn't work if you buy it from SE directly.
it worked that same way since i lvled to 35 back then before applying the code

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The SE store just spits out a code, same as Steam. The only place you can't just hold onto the code until you're ready is when buying via PSN, because there's no codes involved there, it just registers the license upon next boot.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

3/10

Same issue here.

I tried to get back into it this year and couldn't log in. It just takes me in an endless loop. I could make a new account I guess, but I wanted to log in to my existing characters.

I didn't care about it that much so I just gave up. I guess I could contact support but whatever.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I have all the expansions on PC and now with the PS5 I wouldn't mind playing it on consoles either, I just wonder if there is going to be an optimized PS5 separate version or will they just patch the PS4 version?

By optimization I mean loading I guess that isn't regulated to online issues.

That is why I am hesitant in pulling the trigger for this. I want to wait until the coming event to see.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I have all the expansions on PC and now with the PS5 I wouldn't mind playing it on consoles either, I just wonder if there is going to be an optimized PS5 separate version or will they just patch the PS4 version?

By optimization I mean loading I guess that isn't regulated to online issues.

That is why I am hesitant in pulling the trigger for this. I want to wait until the coming event to see.

They will likely just add another performance mode to the client. Right now, the PS5 can brute force the ps4 pro quality mode to 1440/60 because the frame rate was unlocked I believe. They arent going to retouch those textures or anything major. The game already loads in seconds on the SSD.

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017
This goes on sale all the time. It was on sale about 6 months ago and i was thinking of buying it until someone told me to download the free trial first instead. I've spent 90 hours on it and I'm still not able to access any of the 'new' paid content which would have cost me $30 & $13/mo for the entire duration.

If you've never played, download the free trial - it's essentially 2 full free FF games. then take a break and wait for this to go on sale for $30 next time like it does 6 times a year.

^ I think I read that a full ps5 version is in the works. probably would offer a new level of graphics settings on pc too.