• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker is a comfortable step forward for current fans | RPG Site

Job changes make sense for the current stage the game finds itself in, as Endwalker continues on the path Shadowbringers paved.

www.gamespot.com

Final Fantasy 14: Endwalker Preview - Hands-On With Reaper, Sage, And More

After getting some hands on time with the new Reaper and Sage jobs while also previewing adjustments to old jobs, Endwalker really is shaping up to be a great playing expansion.

www.digitaltrends.com

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker Brings Less Change, More Comfort | Digital Trends

Promising the end of a decade-long story arc, Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker changes belts and little else.

www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker Preview: The New Trusts Make a Single-Player Future Possible

During the Endwalker media tour, Final Fantasy XIV director Naoki Yoshida spoke about the team's vision for the upgraded Trusts.

novacrystallis.com

Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Hands-on Impressions - Nova Crystallis

Final Fantasy XIV is something special. Ten years on from its initial release, it goes without saying the game is absolutely thriving – not only because of various influencers and good word of mouth, but because the game really is that good as we have shouted about from on high time and time...

hardcoregamer.com

After Seven Hours, We Scratched the Surface of FFXIV: Endwalker - Hardcore Gamer

We were invited to Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker’s media tour to test out the latest jobs, go through a dungeon and explore a couple areas, and were left

youtu.be

Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker - Easy Allies Preview

Damiani sits with Brad to discuss his hands-on impressions of Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker at the recent Media Tour event.00:00 - Opening01:32 - Highlights f...

www.ign.com

Everything We Learned From the Final Fantasy 14: Endwalker Preview - IGN

Check out everything we learned from a hands-on preview for Final Fantasy 14: Endwalker, the upcoming expansion for Square Enix's popular MMORPG.

Goes deep into the new jobs Sage and Reaper and updates on existing jobs. Covers most of the stuff from the last Letter from the Producer Live

EDIT: Fanbyte has an exhaustive coverage of the game and is a recommended read for anyone wanting new or detailed information. Post has been Threadmarked

Last edited:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
f0IvIbY.gif

Come to me, Summoner changes

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Why the FUCK did they make the stubble a Face type and not a facial features option?! We literally have to use a Fantasia just to get some stubble for fucksake

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So I forget if this was already covered, but re: summoner, can they no longer have a permanent egi pet out? Just a carbuncle? Cuz it looks like the egi's take the place of the big summons prior to 90.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for this. Hopefully the servers don't crumble once early access begins.

Exhaustive and Detailed Preview from Fanbyte

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry in advance for the long post. We did alot.

First up, I bring you a look at all the new zones!
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker Preview: A Walkthrough of Old Sharlayan, Garlemald, and Thavnair

Here's a small look at some of the new regions to explore in enjoy in the upcoming Final Fantasy XIV; Endwalker expansion.

Separate from the walkthroughs, we have an interview with Naoki Yoshida on the difficulties of developing Endwalker at the moment and the last decade of FFXIV.
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker Preview: Director Naoki Yoshida Reflects on Development Difficulties and the Last Decade

We speak about the upcoming Final Fantasy XIV expansion with director Naoki Yoshida during the Endwalker media tour.

A look at the new Sage, which I felt wasn't that far off from the current healers.
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker Preview: The Sage Isn’t Quite The Combat Healer You’re Expecting

The Sage is the newest healer coming to Final Fantasy XIV. We let you know how the new Endwalker job stacks up after a few hours of play.

Our deep dives into all the new actions and changes for each role are going live now.
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker Preview: All-New Tank Level 90 Actions and Changes

Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker is almost here, and here's all the new actions available to Paladin, Gunbreaker, Dark Knight, and Warrior.
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker: All Melee DPS Changes up to Level 90 and Reaper Breakdown

Let's take an in-depth look at Reaper, and all the changes for Ninja, Monk, Dragoon, and Samurai in Endwalker and 6.0.
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker: Full Breakdown of Magic and Ranged DPS Changes Up to Level 90

We go in-depth with the full Summoner rework, and how Black Mage, Red Mage, Bard, Dancer, and Machinist change with FFXIV Endwalker and 6.0.
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker: All New Healer Changes up to Level 90 and Sage Breakdown

As your reward for keeping us alive, we have an in-depth look at White Mage, Astrologian, Scholar, and the upcoming Sage in FFXIV Endwalker.

And two small news items based on the media tour presentation:
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker Preview: How Numerical Changes Will Impact the Next Decade

Naoki Yoshida explains why Final Fantasy XIV's battle values will undergo downscaling, while its economy will be recalibrated, in Endwalker.
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker Preview: It Will Be Easier to Level Up Main and Secondary Jobs

It can be a slog to level up a second job in Final Fantasy XIV. According to Square Enix, it will be easier to level multiple jobs in Endwalker.

Oh, uh... and eventually we will be doing a full FFXIV vertical site. So hopefully look forward to that.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As expected, MCH is almost entirely potency upgrades across the board. Chain Saw is cool but it looks like you only get to use it once a minute, so outside of the extra reassemble in the opener (2 charges does not double how many uses you actually get for the whole fight, sadly), the job should play effectively identically as far as I can tell. Far from the only job (even among physical ranged lol) that got a bit shafted of course, but it's my main so it still stings!

On the plus side, Reaper sounds really fun, and Monk has finally gotten the sort of capstone mechanic I've been waiting since ARR for. I'm really excited to play it!

I'm torn between playing SMN, RDM or BRD for Endwalker. looking to get into Savage etc. I have no idea what's more desirable to find group.

Historically, basically everything is desirable, as the game has been very well balanced for some time now. I expect quite a lot of SMNs due to the rework though so physical ranged may be an easier spot to fill? Time will tell

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very baffled by that request about a 2.x server. I can see why people would want a 1.x version, even though there's not much of a game there, but at least it's gone for good. A lot of the ARR content is still there.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I'm torn between playing SMN, RDM or BRD for Endwalker. looking to get into Savage etc. I have no idea what's more desirable to find group.
SMN and RDM are both good for prog, think SMN is ever so slightly rarer to find but I think for EW it will be the opposite cause of how many people will pick it up due to the new changes.

I'm very baffled by that request about a 2.x server. I can see why people would want a 1.x version, even though there's not much of a game there, but at least it's gone for good. A lot of the ARR content is still there.
Probably to play that old content with older versions of classes/older balance? Tho I would think heavensward would be more interesting. Tho this is literally the first I've heard of a classic server

I'd like to raid on older Scholar versions

Beck

Oct 27, 2017
Here's our coverage:
hardcoregamer.com

After Seven Hours, We Scratched the Surface of FFXIV: Endwalker - Hardcore Gamer

We were invited to Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker’s media tour to test out the latest jobs, go through a dungeon and explore a couple areas, and were left
hardcoregamer.com

Naoki Yoshida Talks Balancing Jobs, Glamour System in FFXIV: Endwalker - Hardcore Gamer

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers shook up the MMORPG space with not only its phenomenal story, but the various other elements that came with it. This

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Here's our coverage:
hardcoregamer.com

hardcoregamer.com

Naoki Yoshida Talks Balancing Jobs, Glamour System in FFXIV: Endwalker - Hardcore Gamer

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers shook up the MMORPG space with not only its phenomenal story, but the various other elements that came with it. This

Good to see they're making some kind of improvements to the glamour systems/storage in the patch series. And increasing the storage as one of the changes.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
SMN and RDM are both fairly desirable as far as dps go since they come with rez. But play what you're comfortable with since comfort > everything in raid.

DPS in general is the most common role especially so just focus on playing well and be willing to adjust to help your party and that will go a long way for a lot of groups. I know I'd rather have a dps that's willing to adjust for the party vs someone focused on their hot bars and dying constantly to the same thing.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
the previews of the new locales have me giddy. oh boy!

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Oh look Scholar is looking pretty decent. Who knew jumping to conclusions would be a mistake?
The problem was never really that Scholar appeared to be bad, or that it couldn't do its job well, it's that the job is kind of a mish-mash of different ideas that don't come together in any sort of cohesive identity and they did nothing at all to address that while at the same time introducing Sage which fills the same niche of barrier healer while looking way more interesting and cohesive.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
SMN and RDM are both fairly desirable as far as dps go since they come with rez. But play what you're comfortable with since comfort > everything in raid.

DPS in general is the most common role especially so just focus on playing well and be willing to adjust to help your party and that will go a long way for a lot of groups. I know I'd rather have a dps that's willing to adjust for the party vs someone focused on their hot bars and dying constantly to the same thing.

Doesn't make it easier to decide what to play but thanks it make me feel at ease that whatever I end up picking will work ;)

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't make it easier to decide what to play but thanks it make me feel at ease that whatever I end up picking will work ;)
Lol if it makes you feel any better I'm undecided too. I play melee dps currently and I'm between SAM, DRG, and RPR for my group. No idea which to play for the first tier.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh look Scholar is looking pretty decent. Who knew jumping to conclusions would be a mistake?
From a numbers and technical standpoint, SCH has and probably never will be "bad". I don't know why people keep assuming this is everyone's beef.

The problem with SCH is that it is not fun to play.

A lot of its skills are disjointed and don't mesh well, and the class identity as a whole is in this weird, nebulous place. I'm supposed to be this Fairymaster/battlefield tactician and its failing to even evoke that with its current kit.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
The problem was never really that Scholar appeared to be bad, or that it couldn't do its job well, it's that the job is kind of a mish-mash of different ideas that don't come together in any sort of cohesive identity and they did nothing at all to address that while at the same time introducing Sage which fills the same niche of barrier healer while looking way more interesting and cohesive.
This entirely. SCH is my main healer, and it's good, it's just kind of a mess to play compared to WHM and AST. IMO it needs to funnel more of its gameplay through the faerie gauge system; make it interesting to build and spend that gauge.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any youtube videos purely of zone/battle music without any sound effects? Don't want anything visual spoiled but I need to hear some musics.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
MCH's potency buffs don't seem to be enough to put it where I feel it should be, and that's disappointing. It shouldn't do SAM/BLM damage since it's got mobility, but it should certainly hover somewhere just below that since its utility is (and seemingly remains) negligible.

That new AF gear for it is the hotness though.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
From a numbers and technical standpoint, SCH has and probably never will be "bad". I don't know why people keep assuming this is everyone's beef.

The problem with SCH is that it is not fun to play.

A lot of its skills are disjointed and don't mesh well, and the class identity as a whole is in this weird, nebulous place. I'm supposed to be this Fairymaster/battlefield tactician and its failing to even evoke that with its current kit.
The thing is if it was a binary choice between playing a top tier healer that's designed like current SCH or a bottom tier with a radical rethinking that matches what they are doing with SMN, I would pick the second option every time

I do not give that much of a shit about potencies, to a point, I'm most interested in the gameplay feel.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man those Black Mage changes tho. Yeah that opener is changing drastically when you get to 90 with those actions. Rotation should stay overall the same though so that's good.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
Here's our coverage:
hardcoregamer.com

hardcoregamer.com

So if I understand correctly, we might actually see a revamped Glamor system come 6.1 or 6.2, since he did say a quick fix would be adding more item slots in the dressers, and that's what they've already been doing

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
So, the revamp of the trust system seems really good according to Damiani which is fine by me because I want to play with Estinien and G'raha all the time <3.

Oh, and the fact they're planning to let players play ALL the dungeons in endwalker with the trust system and eventually allow the players play all the msq dungeons of the game also with the trust system so you could play FFXIV solo seems to me like a huge move for an MMORPG.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
But can Viera wear hats yet...
Nope. Same as it is now, some hats but mostly no. Reaper hat yes, a lot of the other AF stuff that isn't a face accessory no. Zepla covered it briefly in her video on initial Endwalker thoughts. Also no new heaistyles as of the media tour character creator.

I hope that the Viera/Hrothgar hat mod works for Male Viera with no extra work. https://twitter.com/RoxlLuikhart is doing fantastic work on bringing ALL hats to the races, already done all Hrothgar and is working on Viera, not just doing the thing like is in another mod that just edits the metadata for the items to appear on Viera/Hrothgar and/or show ears, but actually adding little ear cutouts to the model or adding armor plating in some cases.

Seeing as SE aren't doing that though it's the only option we have and for the current ones looks amazing. Well, looks like you'd expect but considering currently you see nothing it's a massive improvement.

Last edited:

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
Sorry in advance for the long post. We did alot.

First up, I bring you a look at all the new zones!
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker Preview: A Walkthrough of Old Sharlayan, Garlemald, and Thavnair

Here's a small look at some of the new regions to explore in enjoy in the upcoming Final Fantasy XIV; Endwalker expansion.

Separate from the walkthroughs, we have an interview with Naoki Yoshida on the difficulties of developing Endwalker at the moment and the last decade of FFXIV.
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker Preview: Director Naoki Yoshida Reflects on Development Difficulties and the Last Decade

We speak about the upcoming Final Fantasy XIV expansion with director Naoki Yoshida during the Endwalker media tour.

A look at the new Sage, which I felt wasn't that far off from the current healers.
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker Preview: The Sage Isn’t Quite The Combat Healer You’re Expecting

The Sage is the newest healer coming to Final Fantasy XIV. We let you know how the new Endwalker job stacks up after a few hours of play.

Our deep dives into all the new actions and changes for each role are going live now.
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker Preview: All-New Tank Level 90 Actions and Changes

Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker is almost here, and here's all the new actions available to Paladin, Gunbreaker, Dark Knight, and Warrior.
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker: All Melee DPS Changes up to Level 90 and Reaper Breakdown

Let's take an in-depth look at Reaper, and all the changes for Ninja, Monk, Dragoon, and Samurai in Endwalker and 6.0.
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker: Full Breakdown of Magic and Ranged DPS Changes Up to Level 90

We go in-depth with the full Summoner rework, and how Black Mage, Red Mage, Bard, Dancer, and Machinist change with FFXIV Endwalker and 6.0.
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker: All New Healer Changes up to Level 90 and Sage Breakdown

As your reward for keeping us alive, we have an in-depth look at White Mage, Astrologian, Scholar, and the upcoming Sage in FFXIV Endwalker.

And two small news items based on the media tour presentation:
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker Preview: How Numerical Changes Will Impact the Next Decade

Naoki Yoshida explains why Final Fantasy XIV's battle values will undergo downscaling, while its economy will be recalibrated, in Endwalker.
www.fanbyte.com

FFXIV Endwalker Preview: It Will Be Easier to Level Up Main and Secondary Jobs

It can be a slog to level up a second job in Final Fantasy XIV. According to Square Enix, it will be easier to level multiple jobs in Endwalker.

Oh, uh... and eventually we will be doing a full FFXIV vertical site. So hopefully look forward to that.

THANK YOU MIKE YESS!!!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Jesse Cox posted their hour long interview

Yoshi-P confirms that he watched Jesse's 5.0 and 5.3 reaction videos lol

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Monk looks fairly exciting.

Also, positional requirements are just there to force Monks to press another button to play normally.

Riddle of Earth having 3 charges on a 30 second cooldown means you have to examine why this thing exists when you keep adding ways to ignore said thing.