• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I'm reading people outside Australia can connect to Materia okay (Or Australians using a VPN to pretend to be in Japan), so it seems to be some degree of routing issue

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I was heading into Ul'dah to hand in a crafting quest and hit a black screen load that wouldn't end. I had to quit out from the PS5 menu.

Ate tea, came back to it and see the lobby server issue.

The server status page doesn't show any issues. I remember this happening before... https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/worldstatus/
Seems all of OCE just went down? Getting lobby server errors when it tries to connect to Data Center.

If you two have Mudfish, I found a working Sydney based node that lets me log in with no increase to my ping

unknown.png

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
If you two have Mudfish, I found a working Sydney based node that lets me log in with no increase to my ping

unknown.png
Thanks. I don't have experience with that and I'm on PS5 so I'll probably just wait until it's fixed.

I tried setting up a Japanese VPN on my phone and made a wifi hotspot and connected my PS5 to that, but that had the lobby error still.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched Alex Moukala's community sings Close in the Distance video...I wasn't expecting to cry again but it just...happened. I can feel all of the love and it's almost overwhelming. FFXIV has been part of my life for 7 years and stuff like this just reminds me how much love this game holds for everyone.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Do Alliance Raids become more important later on? Or is this just a little thing that you just do once in awhile?
I finished The Crystal Tower quest line over the weekend and wasn't happy with the raid. Too chaotic and way too much going on.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Do Alliance Raids become more important later on? Or is this just a little thing that you just do once in awhile?
I finished The Crystal Tower quest line over the weekend and wasn't happy with the raid. Too chaotic and way too much going on.

Crystal Tower is important as it factors into the later expansions. the other Alliance Raids are usually side content with its own sub-plot.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
As mentioned above, they are absolutely side content you can ignore. If you thought that Crystal tower was too chaotic, just think it can get worse in later alliance raids, especially the Shadowbringers one.

They are nice for leveling and gearing alt jobs though, but you are far from getting there anyway. ;)

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Crystal Tower is important as it factors into the later expansions. the other Alliance Raids are usually side content with its own sub-plot.

As mentioned above, they are absolutely side content you can ignore. If you thought that Crystal tower was too chaotic, just think it can get worse in later alliance raids, especially the Shadowbringers one.

They are nice for leveling and gearing alt jobs though, but you are far from getting there anyway. ;)

I really LOVED THE CAT BOY LORE but yeah, I did them all once and won't repeat them again, so I'll do an Alliance Raid if it comes up in the future for the lore, but will not worry about it after. Thanks for your replies :-)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I really LOVED THE CAT BOY LORE but yeah, I did them all once and won't repeat them again, so I'll do an Alliance Raid if it comes up in the future for the lore, but will not worry about it after. Thanks for your replies :-)
Turning down other players spell effects may help with the chaos. Way easier to actually see what's going on.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Since you asked about their importance, beyond the story I think it's worth saying that when a new one comes out it's something you're intended to just do once a week as a way to get some decent gear/get an upgrade token for other gear (ex: current one drops 590 gear and gives a token to upgrade different 590 gear items to 600). And even then there are other ways to handle reaching the same item level, so it's not like it's ever required for you to do that.

(Though I will say the current one, Aglaia, is one of the alliance raids I've liked the most? It's got some fun fights with pretty clear mechanics. So that bodes well for the rest of this set, once you're caught up.)

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
plus it has some neat lore that connects to the world of Eorzea

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
(Though I will say the current one, Aglaia, is one of the alliance raids I've liked the most? It's got some fun fights with pretty clear mechanics. So that bodes well for the rest of this set, once you're caught up.)

If there are other ways to gear up, I'll likely just do the AR once and be done. But yeah, I have awhile to catch up. I just did the Snowcloak dungeon so I'm not even at HW.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
me? already planning my glams for new game+? it's more likely than you think. i need a fitting glam for each zone >.>

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Random question on the free trial: I'm already level 58 and haven't entered Heavensward (yes, I do love a side quest). Will I stop leveling up at 60 or will I just not be able to play? I'm willing to just purchase the game and pay the sub at this point, just curious.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Random question on the free trial: I'm already level 58 and haven't entered Heavensward (yes, I do love a side quest). Will I stop leveling up at 60 or will I just not be able to play? I'm willing to just purchase the game and pay the sub at this point, just curious.

You can keep playing until the post-Heavensward patches (just before Stormblood) but you won't level up past 60

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Ah. I see that you're in a "I need to do every sidequests possible before moving on the main story" mood just like my girlfriend who is lvl 86 or 87 and have yet to finish post Stormblood patches main story which are lvl 70. At this point, she's going to hit the maximum level of Endwalker in the early quests of Shadowbringers lol.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
My DRU static fell through and trying to make a new one is super rough at our prog point

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I know this is a really dumb question, but just want to be sure I'm not an idiot before I waste time.

Is loot RNG truly RNG? Or are there any strategies I should be aware of?

First time really doing current end-game content, and I'm running what should be my last week of Aglaia - all I need are the gauntlets of fending. I've seen them pop up before... but today I've run it seven times since the reset and it's now 4pm and I haven't even seen them show up.

I get it, it's RNG. May just be bad luck. But there aren't any hidden systems I should be aware of, are there?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is a really dumb question, but just want to be sure I'm not an idiot before I waste time.

Is loot RNG truly RNG? Or are there any strategies I should be aware of?

First time really doing current end-game content, and I'm running what should be my last week of Aglaia - all I need are the gauntlets of fending. I've seen them pop up before... but today I've run it seven times since the reset and it's now 4pm and I haven't even seen them show up.

I get it, it's RNG. May just be bad luck. But there aren't any hidden systems I should be aware of, are there?
Literally just RNG. Sometimes they just won't show up.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The desire sensor is real and shall always know what you need and cause it never to drop.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
I got a card, 2 orchestrion rolls and the aiming coat from the Copied Factory which I can only assume means I will never get any loot ever again

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've been hunting the Aglaia caster boots for weeks just to complete the set. They don't exist.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I ran puppet's bunker for weeks to get the healing bottoms, put like 40 runs into it begging the other healer to let me have it if it drops.

RNG is a bitch.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
A token system for Alliance Raids is one of the QoL changes I want the most. It's too bad it's never going to happen.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alliance Raids should drop coffers. I myself have been hunting the Aglaia tank set but have only ever seen the headgear.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
A token system for Alliance Raids is one of the QoL changes I want the most. It's too bad it's never going to happen.
Ya, would be nice to be able to trade coins for gear a patch later. Like they already give you the token, they just have to put the gear up on a vendor, reasonably a patch later after the loot restriction has been lifted.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
The desire sensor is real and shall always know what you need and cause it never to drop.

I got a card, 2 orchestrion rolls and the aiming coat from the Copied Factory which I can only assume means I will never get any loot ever again

I've been hunting the Aglaia caster boots for weeks just to complete the set. They don't exist.

I ran puppet's bunker for weeks to get the healing bottoms, put like 40 runs into it begging the other healer to let me have it if it drops.

RNG is a bitch.

Alliance Raids should drop coffers. I myself have been hunting the Aglaia tank set but have only ever seen the headgear.

Hahahaha! Welp, I'll take all this in and tell myself to "buckle in" for some bullshit, then. Here I am complaining about a wasted 4-5 hours today...

Another semi-kinda-sorta related question, then:

Is there some clear foundation for the goofy currencies and vendors that overwhelm the end-game? I mean, I get that some end-game drops tokens, other coffers, etc. But it's so odd to me how much basic research it takes as a noob to understand the inner-workings of the different components. At minimum, it's funny how there's a whole row of vendors... why couldn't it just all be at one vendor?

I was excited to use my Aglaia tokens to upgrade my Radiant gear - so I bought five twine... only to realize I had not yet gotten any more radiant gear other than the weapon. I had unlocked the Moonward gear... silly me. So now I have five twines I can't use and I don't have the Roborant I need for my weapon. Lol... not a big deal, I'll work on it. But just silly.

I assume it's all a convoluted game for folks who enjoy the end-game and have plenty of free time to always have something to chase. I think I get it. It just feels so... weird... for an outsider.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, at this point farming for glams is useless to me and I can't ever bother. I just don't have enough plates anyways.
How are you guys doing it? Keep changing stuff in plates or manually? Not only is annoying but a waste of dyes (and inventory issues for the latter).

Last edited:

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hahahaha! Welp, I'll take all this in and tell myself to "buckle in" for some bullshit, then. Here I am complaining about a wasted 4-5 hours today...

Is there some clear foundation for the goofy currencies and vendors that overwhelm the end-game? I mean, I get that some end-game drops tokens, other coffers, etc. But it's so odd to me how much basic research it takes as a noob to understand the inner-workings of the different components. At minimum, it's funny how there's a whole row of vendors... why couldn't it just all be at one vendor?

I was excited to use my Aglaia tokens to upgrade my Radiant gear - so I bought five twine... only to realize I had not yet gotten any more radiant gear other than the weapon. I had unlocked the Moonward gear... silly me. So now I have five twines I can't use and I don't have the Roborant I need for my weapon. Lol... not a big deal, I'll work on it. But just silly.

I assume it's all a convoluted game for folks who enjoy the end-game and have plenty of free time to always have something to chase. I think I get it. It just feels so... weird... for an outsider.
It's definitely really confusing if you're getting into the game late. It makes much more sense once you're all caught up. So the way it works is that at the endgame you unlock the ability to get Tomestones of x, x being whatever the hell the name decide to go with is. In EW's case it was Aphorism which got you the Moonward gear. This was the only gear available at the very end of 6.0. You were meant to use any combination of Aphorism gear, crafted gear, and extreme trial gear (weapons and accessories only) to get you to whatever item level you wanted to be in order to do whatever content you were trying to do such as Pandaemonium normal. Pandaemonium normal had its own gear and own vendor that was slightly better than Moonward. So then your goal was to work towards that. Then eventually we got the current best tomestone gear, the Radiant gear that you get with the new currency, Tomestones of Astronomy. We also got Savage at the same time I believe. Now the new goal is to work towards the Tomestone of Astronomy gear, or if you're up to it, the Pandaemonium Savage gear which is better than the base Astronomy gear. HOWEVER, we then got the Alliance Raid, Aglaia, that drops gear that's just as good as base Astronomy gear. Why am I calling it base? Well because now we can use the tokens we get from Aglaia to buy twines and that other stuff to upgrade the Astronomy gear to the Augmented version. The Augmented version is just as good as the Pandaemonium Savage gear. So now your goal once you have all your Astronomy gear is to get it Augmented. Once you do that you're set until the next tomestone/savage gear comes out. Aphorism will cease to exist next patch I believe.

I tried to simplify it but it probably still sounds confusing lol. But the point is, once you're caught up the game trickles you with new gear so it's a lot less overwhelming than that if you get into the endgame late. The process of augmenting your gear is definitely annoying though because you have to talk to two different people. At the end of the day, you don't have to do any of this though. Part of the reason there's so many ways to gear is because you don't have to reach the patch's max item level (right now it's 600 I think) unless you wanna be more prepared for harder content next patch. In terms of story content and other normal side content, the item level requirement will absolutely not be 600. I forgot to mention the new dungeons also drop gear. Again it's all there just for you to use to gear up to whatever item level you're comfortable with.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
True pain are the hats I farmed sitting in my glam chest unused ever since I fantasia'd to viera 😢

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
If you were going to farm for crafting shards/crystals and you have a range of options to get it in terms of what level the gathering points are, does it make a difference which you choose? Is higher or lower level going to result in a different amount harvestable?
if you want shards. best just garden them or if u dont got a house for garden, then just use the 2 pot for indoor. it can be harvest after 24hours, which is very quick. also go gather some cheap grade 1 shroud soil for more yield.

as for crystal and cluster, best to do aethrial reduction from the empheral nodes. much better result for short amount of time

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
So I'm about to face the last boss in Endwalker but it's getting kinda late. About how long is the cutscene after beating Endwalker?

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
OCE still broken this morning. Looks like the flooding in Sydney cut critical NBN infrastructure most Australians used to connect. Mudfish and other VPN services are still working but, it sucks ass that console players are completely at the whims of their ISP

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh the Aglaia tank chest piece dropped but I didn't get it. I'm never completing my Saint Seiya cosplay.

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020
Oh yeah…

Fuck I queued up as a healer out of habit lol. My tanks aren't super geared up but they should be high enough for Aglaia.

Definitely go tank for complete freedom of looting. I for one was pleasantly surprised when I put on the piece and found out the devs were bold enough to provide both a back window and a translucent cape. Also keep in mind that if you glam your hands bare or with short gloves you still get bracelets from the chest. Just a stellar piece. Good luck!

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

There is, yeah, and it makes sense when you realize that (a) Gear progression is entirely vertical and (b) the gears are released at a different time, and (c) the vendors are mostly categorized by the currency their taking.

At any point in the game there are only two sets of best gears that can only be obtained by a rather hardcore way of playing: savage raids and weekly capped Tomestones. Both are capped so they're designed to keep you playing weekly. Currently these are the Asphodelos and (Augmented) Radiant stuff, and the Tomestone is Astronomy.

Any other gear are all catch-ups released subsequently after one another. If you finished Endwalker around like two weeks after release, your best gear is the Moonwards. Not long after that, the Asphodelos Normal (Limbo) gear drops. A week after that, the new Savage tier brought the Classical (Crafted, marketable gear for you to start raiding), Asphodelos Savage, and (Augmented) Radiant gears. Then the new 6.1 Dungeon and Alliance raid drops, giving you more sets of gear, but Asphodelos Savage and Augmented Radiant will still be the best gear you can get.

If you arrived at the Endgame at this point, yeah there's a whole jumble of equipment that doesn't really matter outside of glams with all the ways to obtain it, but it's really pretty simple since there's only one best gear set for you, depending on whether you play casually or not. When 6.2 arrives the dance will start all over again: Normal raid gear, then Savage/Crafted/New tomestone gear, then another set in 6.3 Alliance raid, etc.

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched Alex Moukala's community sings Close in the Distance video...I wasn't expecting to cry again but it just...happened. I can feel all of the love and it's almost overwhelming. FFXIV has been part of my life for 7 years and stuff like this just reminds me how much love this game holds for everyone.

I haven't watched it because I'm afraid of the intensity of feelings.