• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
For all the complaining about Elmo I heard, FoA was the one part of P3 that was no problem at all. Everyone just stands on the marker for it and nothing ever went wrong. Then it falls apart at Darkfire Twister...
When I saw that PF on Darkfire Twister was having melees and tanks go the same way I knew that fight was gonna be a nightmare

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One shotted our P1-3 reclears tonight for the first time. That felt so good after so much time struggling on 3. I think 4 is a pretty long ways off for us, but at least we've got that bird off our back.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
One shotted our P1-3 reclears tonight for the first time. That felt so good after so much time struggling on 3. I think 4 is a pretty long ways off for us, but at least we've got that bird off our back.

I'm in the same boat as you. My static crushed P1-3S but we're stuck in Pinax hell

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, that was extraordinarily common. I think in all my reclears on Primal only like 1, maybe 2, groups did TR and HM.

Basically all of my reclear groups did TR and HM. That seemed to be the common strat on Primal from what i experienced by far. Also never had a problem with Elmo. Elmo was easy.

The big thing that killed p3s groups, for me at least, was spreads. That was by far the biggest PF killer because there never seem to be any consistent spread spots (or people had different ideas where they were supposed to go from group to group). I think the reason why that was such a big issue was that for spreads you can both be facing away from the boss while spreading out and facing towards the boss and spreading out. That is the thing that fucked a lot of PF up, though thats obviously jsut a guess

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy, or does anyone else lose attunement from crystals?

I swear to God I attuned to a place. And I try warping back, and it tells me unattuned.

Happened to me about 3 times so far. Not sure if I'm going crazy, or I legit forget to do it lol.

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017

I swear to God I attuned to a place. And I try warping back, and it tells me unattuned.

Happened to me about 3 times so far. Not sure if I'm going crazy, or I legit forget to do it lol.

Never happened to me

Verdict: You crazy

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got an endsinger ex clear. That last set of planets can really fuck up a good run. >.>

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Finally got an endsinger ex clear. That last set of planets can really fuck up a good run. >.>

Yeah. Those suck. I completely disengage and focus on clearing the mechanic. I was watching a video and they said something that I hadn't see any other video say. The planet with the faster ring is the one that goes off first. I had never noticed that and no other guide that I had seen mentioned that. That makes it easier to figure out what's going off when.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Those suck. I completely disengage and focus on clearing the mechanic. I was watching a video and they said something that I hadn't see any other video say. The planet with the faster ring is the one that goes off first. I had never noticed that and no other guide that I had seen mentioned that. That makes it easier to figure out what's going off when.
Yeah, it wasn't until this last group I was in that someone pointed that out. Definitely helps!

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
50 runs of that shit and I never noticed this. In the end I just ended up paying attention to how fast they form.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, someone mentioned it in one of the parties I was working on my clear in, and it basically made double planets a complete cakewalk to me after that. Blue -> Red definitely messes with my static group though, the angling of how to knock yourself to a safe spot for the first red they don't quite have yet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018

It happens to me in the Gold Saucer sometimes.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
See, I always knew the planet ring thing. It's just... hard for me to quickly tell which is actually faster, lol. I get very disoriented whenever that attack happens.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck to all of you who entered this round of the housing lottery!
I'm entry number 40 for the last Ishgard house on my server on the first day of this lottery opening, I haven't checked the number since so I don't lose even more hope. I'm gonna be on so much copium when results begin...

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, just now getting Endwalker, is era still on Ultros? Any chance I can get invited back in?

Kyzer Ricoy

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
P3S party finder was such a meme, truly the stuff of legend.

I'm in the same boat as you. My static crushed P1-3S but we're stuck in Pinax hell

My static has done two nights of P4S and we're pretty confident we'll be starting Phase 2 next time we go in. Only one video I watched mentioned it, but realizing the boss always faces North while casting Directional Shift during Pinax really solved that mechanic for myself and a lot of my static.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017

My static has done two nights of P4S and we're pretty confident we'll be starting Phase 2 next time we go in. Only one video I watched mentioned it, but realizing the boss always faces North while casting Directional Shift during Pinax really solved that mechanic for myself and a lot of my static.
honestly I use marker colors myself, pf and my former static use standerd marker format, so red is north, yellow east, blue south, and purple west.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

The mnemonic for remembering the directions there is the best duty of all time- Cape Westwind. The cape always points west.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
graha-tia.gif

fd704b70d10c3d18980ffb54458e64ec80a093fe.jpg

G'raha tia Im love you

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Perfected Act 4 and Finale was as easy as expected. Excited for Curtain Fall/clear groups. So close to beating this damn thing and before echo is released.

When I saw that PF on Darkfire Twister was having melees and tanks go the same way I knew that fight was gonna be a nightmare

In most PF strats has T/R left(while facing twister). Last time I recleared the T//M left was in the macro but we ignored it and did the usual strat thankfully.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
sigh i really want female hrothgar already. but maybe taking their time is for the better.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
extremely concerned that fem Hroths are just gonna be femRoes with Miqo'te ears. square pls. give me BIG BUFF CAT LADIES. be brave and don't give them boobs.

they're definitely going to be based on female roe, just as hrothgar are based on male roe.

questions are: will they be hunched over? and how beastly will their faces be?

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I like the housing lottery system but imbalance between personal and FC houses is the issue. Should be 50/50.

And then make it where only FC creator/leader can buy an FC house to reduce multiple FC lottery entries.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And then make it where only FC creator/leader can buy an FC house to reduce multiple FC lottery entries.
I think the logic being employed there is that if you have a massive FC with like a hundred members you should probably have a better chance at winning a plot than an FC with 4 people. I don't think its that unreasonable that populated, active FCs should have a better chance at the housing experience.

And this is coming from someone who leads a dinky little FC with like 5-ish active members.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I like the housing lottery system but imbalance between personal and FC houses is the issue. Should be 50/50.

it's not permanent. because of how many times housing has been turned off and the fights to get whatever plots exist, FCs have a huge backlog in terms of houses. and housing content is more important for FCs, and groups of people.

the wards will be changed, as SE said, but first FCs need to actually have a chance of getting a house and that will take many cycles. this is also not the first time, i think they've made wards more than once be FC only at the start when they released new wards.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm curious, is there any point to keep my Astronomy tomestones near 2k until they eventually release better gear than 590? Or should I just spend those to gear my alt jobs?

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious, is there any point to keep my Astronomy tomestones near 2k until they eventually release better gear than 590? Or should I just spend those to gear my alt jobs?

Spend them to gear your alt jobs. Do hunts and/or raid to upgrade them to i600. You can probably get 2-3 gear sets at i598 (unless you're doing P4S and can get an i600-605 weapon) before the next patch. At 6.2, they will become the next mid-tier currency and you'll have a new currency.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017

the faster you spend it, the more value you get out of it. when new gear comes out, new crafted gear and normal raid gear also comes out, so astro gear won't be worth anything.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Finished the new Hildibrand quest. Hilarious how much time and effort must go into these cutscenes lmao

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
they're definitely going to be based on female roe, just as hrothgar are based on male roe.

questions are: will they be hunched over? and how beastly will their faces be?
I fully expect them to be the same thing we saw in the Bozja art - "normal" looking ladies, maybe with body fur but not as beastly faces as the men, and just more prominent cat ears than Miqo. Which will be disappointing because having a bigger female body type might have been enough to get me to actually use the free ARR fantasia.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I fully expect them to be the same thing we saw in the Bozja art - "normal" looking ladies, maybe with body fur but not as beastly faces as the men, and just more prominent cat ears than Miqo. Which will be disappointing because having a bigger female body type might have been enough to get me to actually use the free ARR fantasia.

is there art i didn't see? all i know of us seeing is female roe.