• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
Is your PS4 in rest mode? I think it should start download automatically in rest mode, I'm not sure though.
I put my PS5 in rest mode and access it with PS Remote Play on my phone and when I tried launching the game, it was already downloading the patch.
In the store on my PS app, it said "You've pre-ordered this" on the Endwalker page.

My PS4 is in rest mode and I set it to be able to download while in that mode. When I navigate to FFXIV in my game library, the game itself (and not Endwalker in the PS Store), the app says that I've pre-ordered the game, so maybe everything is fine. I wish I had brought my Vita, which can interact directly with the PS4 as if I were sitting in front of it, through Remote Play.

I guess it's not the end of the world if I have to wait an hour or so to get home and start the download manually. I'd like to take advantage of today's technology, though.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Back when I played FFXIV on PS4 updates took forever to download

Can't imagine how long an expansion-level update would take

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
XIV servers in an hour:
449.gif

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Did they make the Mogstation worse? You can't even just easily tell what you have on your acc anymore.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
My PS4 is in rest mode and I set it to be able to download while in that mode. When I navigate to FFXIV in my game library, the game itself (and not Endwalker in the PS Store), the app says that I've pre-ordered the game, so maybe everything is fine. I wish I had brought my Vita, which can interact directly with the PS4 as if I were sitting in front of it, through Remote Play.

I guess it's not the end of the world if I have to wait an hour or so to get home and start the download manually. I'd like to take advantage of today's technology, though.
Your phone can do remote play just like Vita if you set it up beforehand. It's a bit too late now, I guess.

It's still a good idea to have it setup for the future though. I did managed to snatched a medium house using remote play on my phone so it's definitely usable.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Unrelated to Endwalker but I recently did the level 80 quest for DRK and I was a little underwhelmed. It's not bad at all, and I think it's great, but the way people talked about it made it sound like it was amazing. Then again, to be honest, as much as I appreciate the DRK quest line, I'm not as in love with it like most people are.

Thought the DRG level 80 quest was actually more interesting and satisfying, especially with the montage showing our journey. Now that was beautiful.

Randroid

Oct 28, 2017
So uh if I didn't pre-order yet I guess I'm out of luck for still getting into early acces, huh? >:

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
So god damn close to the launch of Queuewalker. I'm starting to feel the excitement and also the dreadful times of Raubahn Ex is starting to come back to me.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Unrelated to Endwalker but I recently did the level 80 quest for DRK and I was a little underwhelmed. It's not bad at all, and I think it's great, but the way people talked about it made it sound like it was amazing. Then again, to be honest, as much as I appreciate the DRK quest line, I'm not as in love with it like most people are.

Thought the DRG level 80 quest was actually more interesting and satisfying, especially with the montage showing our journey. Now that was beautiful.

Fray is displeased with you.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
also to the mod who gave the no spoilers tag on the title. thanks! should have been there from the start haha

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Your phone can do remote play just like Vita if you set it up beforehand. It's a bit too late now, I guess.

It's still a good idea to have it setup for the future though. I did managed to snatched a medium house using remote play on my phone so it's definitely usable.

some gameplay loops are completely workable in remote play on mobile for clutch situations. it has definitely come in hand for when I had quickly get my ass off the monitor a few times

Alobel

Feb 25, 2020
It's almost here! And here I am in the office… good luck to those who can play as it releases, I won't be able until 6-7 hours from now… and then until Wednesday straight! (if I want), thank god for my country celebrating the approving of its constitution next Monday and national holidays, haha.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
How do you do that? My phone is old-ish (2016; a Pixel 1) and I've never attempted something like that.
It's PS Remote Play app in the Play Store. I think at first they only make it work with Sony phone but now you can just use it on any phone.

Just login to your PSN account and follow the instruction.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
some gameplay loops are completely workable in remote play on mobile for clutch situations. it has definitely come in hand for when I had quickly get my ass off the monitor a few times

I actually ran a few low-level dungeons remotely through the Vita; graphically it was not ideal but it was doable. Crafting, some simple gathering, and market board/retainer stuff can be done remotely pretty easily.

It's PS Remote Play app in the Play Store. I think at first they only make it work with Sony phone but now you can just use it on any phone.

Just login to your PSN account and follow the instruction.

Ahhhhh, it's a different app entirely! I had forgotten about that. I think I looked into it long ago but at that time my non-Sony phone couldn't run it. Downloading it now! ...and it looks like you need Wi-Fi to connect to the PS4; right now I only have cellular data. I'll get it running some other time; great to know it's there!

Last edited:

Randroid

Oct 28, 2017
Can confirm, I just bought the game at GMG (pretty cheap there actually) and now my mog station says I have early access.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

I like to do Praetorium on my phone's remote play. It's great since half the time it's just "Such Devestation" and "Unleash Ultima!", while I do something else.

And fishing too! I almost entirely leveled fisher from 1 to 80 on remote play.

Oh yeah another great thing about remote play: The keyboard, it switches to the mobile keyboard whenever you need to type something. Great for marketboarding stuff.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I should have clarified better, I won't be able to get my collector's edition in-game items until launch week instead of today, is that right?
I believe so. You should get the preorder stuff upon login but the actual in game items should be on launch day I think. I'm not sure cuz I didn't spring for the digital collector's editions since Stormblood. So I forget if they go live during EA or official launch

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017

Same as you about the DRK quest, however my favorite is scholar which apparently a lot of people think is bad LOL

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
I actually ran a few low-level dungeons remotely through the Vita; graphically it was not ideal but it was doable. Crafting, some simple gathering, and market board/retainer stuff can be done remotely pretty easily.

Ahhhhh, it's a different app entirely! I had forgotten about that. I think I looked into it long ago but at that time my non-Sony phone couldn't run it. Downloading it now! ...and it looks like you need Wi-Fi to connect to the PS4; right now I only have cellular data. I'll get it running some other time; great to know it's there!
You actually have to toggle in the setting to let the app use cellular data for connection.
Not sure if you can do the first time set up when you don't have access to your PS4 though. I did the pairing by being in the same network as my PS so it's easy. Another way is to use the code on the PS screen like how you'd pair a bluetooth device.
After you got it setup, you should be able to access it from anywhere, whether by wifi or cellular.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I log in now will the play button become ready at 9 or will I have to close the game to get it to show up? I'm on PS5.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
If I log in now will the play button become ready at 9 or will I have to close the game to get it to show up? I'm on PS5.
I recall for ShB launch I had to back out of the launcher then log in for the play button to show. If left open before it's up and prior to you trying to login the maintenance message will greet you rather than the play button.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
You actually have to toggle in the setting to let the app use cellular data for connection.
Not sure if you can do the first time set up when you don't have access to your PS4 though. I did the pairing by being in the same network as my PS so it's easy. Another way is to use the code on the PS screen like how you'd pair a bluetooth device.
After you got it setup, you should be able to access it from anywhere, whether by wifi or cellular.

Nice; I will invest the time in getting that set up. Would love to check in with the retainers while riding the train to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.