• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/f...-age/bxdh919m16g9?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

New official illustration by Ryoma Ito to celebrate its release.

Trailer:

Here's some screenshots (some have a mod that allows you to switch characters in town but i don't think you can do it on windows games)

xAneKE9.png

nGHlHXq.png

ETKe0Vl.png

INiEJ9N.png

gIIQuch.png

This version has all the new features like three gambit sets and the possibility to reset jobs to pick new ones (just go to Montblanc at the Clan Hall in Rabanastre)

More info & tips here (PC Version OT): https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-ot-it-buys-itself.20694/

source.gif

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was playing this on my Switch not too long ago and, honestly, the beginning is just way too long for me to play it again any time soon. 😂

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yakuza: Like a Dragon; Dragon Quest XI S day 1 on Game Pass; and now FFXII Zodiac Age coming to Game Pass. (EDITED to clarify that Yakuza: Like a Dragon is NOT on Game Pass)

It's almost like my Xbox is once again a legitimate JRPG machine. Nice.

Last edited:

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
just started it! memory is hazy, but I remember the initial gameplay segment being different?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'd kill for this one to have a remake like 7. Just about as much as I'd kill for a 9 remake. My two favorites.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Auto HDR in this game is really fucking good. Combined with 60fps it's a transformative experience on Series X.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Such a good game, but I won't lie - I got a little lost after setting it down on my Switch back at launch and getting back into it was impossible. So many story beats and systems I was confused for a couple hours and dropped it at about the half way point.

LOVED this on PS2. Maybe I ought to give it another go.

Oct 29, 2017
I just love the way this game plays. It's real-time-with-pause Final Fantasy and it's glorious.

I adore the characters and world too. Ivalice feels like a real place with history in a way that other FF games don't quite nail.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just a warning you can't do RNG manipulation and get Seitengrat in this version

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Big Final Fantasy fan, but I couldn't get into this one. Tried the original release and the remaster. Think I'll give it another go.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
If you're like me and hated the original, give this a try because it's a totally different experience. I can't even believe the original game released as it was.

Just a warning you can't do RNG manipulation and get Seitengrat in this version
In the Xbox version or Zodiac Age in general? Because I got it on PS4 just fine

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Right in the middle of my Yakuza 3-5 playthrough. deep into Yakuza 4 right now but this will be my next game after Yakuza 5.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Just downloaded it. This is the only single player mainline FF game I never played so I'm definitely going to give a shot on Game Pass. Don't know if I'll finish it though.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you're like me and hated the original, give this a try because it's a totally different experience. I can't even believe the original game released as it was.

In the Xbox version or Zodiac Age in general? Because I got it on PS4 just fine
Xbox. It is fine on PS4

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
WAIT WHAT! This is the international Zodiac job system?? I never played that version and always wanted too as FFXII was my favorite FF game. This is so cool! I have no idea when, where, and how I am going to fit this into my stupidly bloated backlog, but I am going to get started on this one ASAP.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Great game with sublime strategy / stat management combat, phenomenal art direction, impeccable voice acting, and a good score. The story is a bit on the dry side, however, since so much of it revolves around history and politics, but I really enjoyed it for what it is.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing through it on the switch right now and loving it. I want more RPGs where I can just program the battle system for me. Forget turn-based battle systems, I want to code my party to do their job for me.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Wow just the other day I was about to buy this. Woot! Only FF I played once and then dropped, which I regret.