• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which platform are you playing the Remaster on?

• Switch

Votes: 540 43.0%
  • PS4

Votes: 461 36.7%
  • Steam

Votes: 200 15.9%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 55 4.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm excited to play more Triple Triad & play now that I have a better understanding of the draw/junctioning system #AngeloSearch

Last edited:

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I'm excited to get the Ragnarok and zoom around the world map in HD. Yelling "Wheeeee" is optional.

I lied, "Wheeeee" is absolutely mandatory

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Okay finally got it sorted !

Huge thanks to Wazzy for the giveaway and the game. Final Fantasy still gets me as excited as it did back many years ago !

The Design/Theme doesn't seem to be available for me right now or I am doing something wrong when I click on the FFVIII Remastered Theme in my PS4 System Settings it brings me to this screen :

GflGFzp.jpg

Maybe I have to wait for release?

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Confession: I basically always ignored Triple Triad and dismissed that "card bullshit," as I would've so eloquently put it.

But wait, don't attack me. I'm a new man now. After seeing so many people sing its praises over the years I'm gonna fully commit to it and win all the cards. Just watch me.

Aug 27, 2018
Found my original guide that I've been using for my review. It's been a fun blast from the past.
FWuxETM.jpg

I have some gripes with the remaster I'll revisit after the embargo is up tomorrow.
Maaaaan, I still remember these guides! They were SO good, I had this one and I couldn't tell you how much I would go through it over and over.
51waQQmIgAL._SX355_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Found my original guide that I've been using for my review. It's been a fun blast from the past.
FWuxETM.jpg

I have some gripes with the remaster I'll revisit after the embargo is up tomorrow.
I still can't believe I have my original guide that I got for Christmas Day 2001. I treasure that thing!

invalidsystem

Oct 27, 2017
Paris

Huge thanks to Wazzy for the giveaway and the game. Final Fantasy still gets me as excited as it did back many years ago !

The Design/Theme doesn't seem to be available for me right now or I am doing something wrong when I click on the FFVIII Remastered Theme in my PS4 System Settings it brings me to this screen :

GflGFzp.jpg

yes, it seems that you have to wait for the release to use it if you're living in an european country.
(i'm located in France and have the same screen as you)

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Confession: I basically always ignored Triple Triad and dismissed that "card bullshit," as I would've so eloquently put it.

But wait, don't attack me. I'm a new man now. After seeing so many people sing its praises over the years I'm gonna fully commit to it and win all the cards. Just watch me.
Yassssss

It is time for you to become a CC master.
bPOdpEs.gif

GflGFzp.jpg

Ah I totally forgot that EU players won't receive the Theme until either release or late tomorrow.

Happy to see everything download and ready to go for release!

Last edited:

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
I don't think I have that FFVIII guide anymore unfortunately. I remember looking for it and my Xenogears guide one afternoon and found out my mom had tossed them since they were in a huge pile of printed gamefaqs walkthroughs :/

still have the FFVII Prima guide though! Even though they always had quite a few errors they brought me so much entertainment as a kid, flipping though the pages and planning out my party and strategies.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
FINAL ENTRY WARNING FOR THE LAST TWO GIVEAWAYS! THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS THE PREVIOUS THREAD SO YOU MUST SEND IN ANOTHER ENTRY TO QUALIFY! THIS IS ENDING IN 1 HOUR SO THAT COPIES CAN BE SENT ASAP.

The two giveaways are for Switch and Steam. I can only have PS4 or Xbox entries qualify if they are in Canada otherwise I will be offering only a Steam copy for the final giveaway. Beatofficer will be giving away a Switch copy. The requirements:

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
I really liked this game when it came out. Not played it in years. Probably get it on PC. Hmm. I think it's my second favourite FF game.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Never played this game, as funny as it may sound. For some reason I skipped it, but played most other titles in the series. Can't wait!

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to literally getting obsessed with Triple Triad again. #AngeloSearch

No idea why Square hasn't made a standalone mobile version at this point.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still really bummed that Chocobo World wasn't included and we have to rely on Angelo to get ribbons and friendships.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Still really bummed that Chocobo World wasn't included and we have to rely on Angelo to get ribbons and friendships.
I'm curious why? Did you like Chocobo World?

I personally found it incredibly boring after like 10 minutes of the same thing over and over. The only reason I continued is so that I could get all the summons and item exclusives.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious why? Did you like Chocobo World?

I personally found it incredibly boring after like 10 minutes of the same thing over and over. The only reason I continued is so that I could get all the summons and item exclusives.

I found it fun in a very kiddy way, yes. And now I wonder, will the Boko summon be able to do ChocoBocle? Or are we stuck with the shitty Chocofire? And what about Minimog???

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I found it fun in a very kiddy way, yes. And now I wonder, will the Boko summon be able to do ChocoBocle? Or are we stick we the shitty Chocofire? And what about Minimog???
All the items should be available so we can access Minimog, Moomba and Boko. I would assume they have managed to figure out a way to implement everything without any issues from not having access to Chocobo World. Probably just ignores the fact Boko can be sent between the CB world and VIII.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
without spoilers, I would highly recommend getting Odin before the end of Disc 3

Technically it's probably better to get him in Disc 4, but I think it's a lot more satisfying to do before that. It's worth experiencing at least once.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
without spoilers, I would highly recommend getting Odin before the end of Disc 3

Technically it's probably better to get him in Disc 4, but I think it's a lot more satisfying to do before that. It's worth experiencing at least once.
This x100

For new players, this is something that becomes accessible on Disc 2 after a certain point. It's worth it to get as soon as possible!

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I can't wait to return to Balamb Garden and eat some hotdogs in the cafeteria.

#AngeloSearch

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
I gotta admit, I'm really tempted to get this sometime. I've had a bit of distain for this game since I was younger and watched Spoony's review of it. But I gave FFX a fair shot and I enjoyed it so far, so I'd like to finally give this game a fair shot finally with this remaster. It looks pretty nice...

Although I do have to ask...what's with Square and these damn music bugs?

Pazusama

Jun 2, 2018
Liverpool
Need to verify if they dissidia'd the whole art style or if Squall and the others are still the visual kei group they were in the 90s
#AngeloSearch

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Those Steam-only boosters. :\ Would have been nice to have on the other platforms. Will still grab this though, most likely on Switch.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed a clear shot of the controls for when you start a new game.
EDbvlnrU8AAEHzN

I gotta admit, I'm really tempted to get this sometime. I've had a bit of distain for this game since I was younger and watched Spoony's review of it. But I gave FFX a fair shot and I enjoyed it so far, so I'd like to finally give this game a fair shot finally with this remaster. It looks pretty nice...

Although I do have to ask...what's with Square and these damn music bugs?
VIII doesn't have the music bug that has been an issue for previous ports. The bug it does have is really specific to get and easy to avoid.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Grabbed a clear shot of the controls for when you start a new game.
EDbvlnrU8AAEHzN

VIII doesn't have the music bug that has been an issue for previous ports. The bug it does have is really specific to get and easy to avoid.
What are "Rotate Left/Right" on the shoulder buttons? When is that control used in the game?

Apr 19, 2018
Will there be an in-game option to swap the X/O button functions around?

Old-school FF always felt better with X being cancel and O being confirm.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Okay time to announce the winners!

Angelo is digging up the winner for the Switch version
dMfFDFV.gif

and......

It's Gradon!
tumblr_inline_nxiynoqczf1so08d3_500.gif

Beatofficer will be messaging you with your giveaway! I hope you enjoy the Remaster. :)

Now for the final Steam giveaway winner lets see who Angelo digs up
dMfFDFV.gif

and the winner is....

Lady Bow!

You will be receiving the Steam version of Final Fantasy VIII Remastered! Since I didn't see people list Switch or Steam I'll have to assume this copy is okay for you but if there is any issues platform wise unfortunately I can only offer this copy so you can keep or pass on to another winner if you prefer. I hope you're ready to enjoy the Remaster!!!

Congratulations to all winners! I hope everyone is ready for the Remaster tomorrow!

Oct 27, 2017
Vienna

This x100

For new players, this is something that becomes accessible on Disc 2 after a certain point. It's worth it to get as soon as possible!

It's worth to ignore as long as possible, or better yet, forever. All Odin does, is leveling up your party, which is something you never want to do in FFVIII.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Oh dang I forgot to specify Switch version for me. Guess I'll give another lucky member a shot and pass it on. :) Wazzy

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth to ignore as long as possible, or better yet, forever. All Odin does, is leveling up your party, which is something you never want to do in FFVIII.
No it isn't because there is a specific reason for getting him before a certain point.
Oh dang I forgot to specify Switch version for me. Guess I'll give another lucky member a shot and pass it on. :) Wazzy
Ah sorry to hear that! I would love to offer a switch copy but unfortunately I can only do Steam.

If that is the case I'll need to do a redraw and see if the next winner is okay with Steam.

Edit: Oh Beatofficer is going to offer a copy! Thank you Beat!!!!! <3

Beatofficer

Oct 25, 2017
Codes have been sent to both Gradon and Lady Bow. If there's any issues let me know! I probably should've confirmed NA eShop first but if there's an issue we'll cross that road when we get there.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Alright the redraw winner for a Steam copy is OmegaDL50!

I will send you a PM to go over sending the code to you. :)
Codes have been sent to both Gradon and Lady Bow. If there's any issues let me know! I probably should've confirmed NA eShop first but if there's an issue we'll cross that road when we get there.
Thank you again for contributing! It's really amazing of you.

Beatofficer

Oct 25, 2017
No problem! I noticed Gradon was from the UK, I sent them a message to confirm if they have access to the US eShop, if not I'll get them a UK eshop card and give another person the NA code.