• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
1. How old you were when first playing Final Fantasy VIII
I was around 17. I remember picking the game up on launch day with my siblings on day one. Caused a huge fight because all of us wanted to play, but we only had one copy. I was unfortunately the short straw and played the least. Still, got to disc two or so if I recall.

2. Favorite Song/Character/Location/Memory(you only need to pick one)

I actually always liked Biggs and Wedge cause they looked like regular enemies but had custom names and a small banter amongst themselves. I remember really loving the concept of a blade and a gun all-in-one. Even bought a gunblade a year or two later oversees, when you were allowed to carry things like that on planes.

3. Preferred Platform

Probably prefer Nintendo Switch for that portable goodness, and portable RPGs are the best on long trips, etc.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for this OP, congrats in advance to whoever wins. My entries:

How old you were when first playing Final Fantasy VIII
3. Preferred Platform

1. Played it at release, I was 13
2. Played the hell out of it so started to try achieve everything etc, break the game etc, so I think my favourite moment was finally getting Squall's ultimate weapon on disk 1. I can't remember all the items needed but you had to play a lot of Triple Triad to get items from the cards
3. It's on Switch right? Would go for that.

Thanks again.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I only played FF8 for maybe 10 minutes back on the PS3 almost a decade ago, so

1. What has you most interested about the Remaster
Actually playing the game to the end.

2. Preferred Platform
Xbox One

MagicPhone

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

I was a senior in high school and I rented it with a friend and we played all night long and I was too dumb to realize it was great. Now that I'm smarter and a better person in general, I'm looking forward to experiencing it again for the first time.

It's hard to describe, but I have a single image stuck in my brain that's just the lead character walking around, which at the time was so weird to me that he had realistic dimensions.

3. Preferred Platform

Nintendo Switch

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
12 Years old my first rpg purchase period.
Fave Song is the MJ inspired Eda song.
3. Preferred Platform PS4

Ecks

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I was 13. Only reason I remember that was it was because I got a PS2 for my birthday and just started buying up all the PS1 classic RPG's I missed out on from never having had a PS1. FF8 was the first one I actually got to the end of.

Song: Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec
Character: Moombas
Memory: TheSpoonyOne's FF8 review series from waaaay back, long before he kinda had a breakdown. I have no idea how that holds up today and to be frank, I'm happier not finding out.

3. Preferred Platform

Switch.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
nine years old! FFVIII was a pretty big deal for me, it was the first time I was playing a game not for fun gameplay but because I was enveloped in the story and characters, it changed my outlook on what games could be and what I enjoyed about them
off the top of my head, Under Her Control, Selphie, Timber, (spoilers):
tie between the train heist and the moment where the group has a huge realization (you know what it is)
3. Preferred Platform
PS4 (NA)

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Never played it before, mainly because the magic system always scared me off

1) Interested in being proven wrong, and hoping to like the game besides what I've played of Triple Triad on my phone. Also really excited to hear the origins for classic songs like Force Your Way and others.

2) Platform: Switch

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
I was 19 when i played it. To be honest i probably played Triple Triad longer than the games story.

Finally getting Edeas Triple Triad card. The rules to get it from her are just nuts.

Nintendo Switch

Thanks a lot for this

lawliet013

Feb 13, 2019
1. Never played FF8. I've only heard of bits and pieces of it through the years. Looking forward to seeing how I like it after I play it myself, especially the junction system I've heard about.
2. Preferred on PC

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Oh bless you Wazzy, so kind! As you are the forum Final Fantasy VIII stan, I appreciate your gesture so much.

5.... 😬 I used to watch my brothers play games all of the time as a kid, FFVIII was my oldest brothers first Final Fantasy, I used to ask him if I could play and would jump on it when I could. Obviously not doing the best, but still I surprisingly remember a lot of scenes from the game, especially that entire ending sequence.

Oh my gosh I was SO in love with Edea!!!
Edea joining the party was amazing, so sad it's only temporary. :(

I know you said one but I have to say my favourite memory is probably when my brother got the final boss, and the fight
alongside every character as party members fazing out when dying and replaced with other party members. That entire castle left a lasting impression on me, and I really can't wait to actually experience it for myself in the remaster.

3. Preferred Platform

I would prefer a Switch version if that were okay.

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I was 13. Got it as soon as it released and I was blown away by how the graphics had jumped from FF7

The battle with Galbadia garden. The whole sequence and music was incredible

3. Preferred Platform
PS4

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the generous giveaway, Wazzy. This is really cool of you.

Having just checked what the release date actually was in the UK, I must have been 5 or 6. Much of my gaming experience at that time was through watching my brother play and that's how I saw a lot of FFVIII, but I definitely remember getting pretty far into it myself. I want to say I got stuck on one of the Fujin and Raijin fights but could be mistaken.

That's really difficult to decide. I probably have more fondness for FFVIII than any other game in the series thanks in large part to it having my favourite soundtrack, locations and moments of the bunch.
Favourite track: SUCCESSION OF WITCHES
Favourite location: Deling City
Favourite memory/moment: The Battle of the Gardens. I remember thinking it was one of the coolest and most exciting sequences I'd ever seen in a game... it still is.

3. Preferred Platform
PC (Steam)

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on if we mean full game or demo. I played the demo a ton when I was 8, with friends just endlessly summon GFs and running around. To be honest I'm not sure we ever beat it, just watched fancy animations.

It was until I was probably 13 or 14 and found it in a used games section (of a blockbuster?) that I actually bought it and got to play the whole thing, mostly because I was amazed at the summoning graphics.

Seifer always stuck out to an edgy teenage me as a cool dude. He was badass and didn't give a care

3. Preferred Platform
Switch

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man. I poke fun at FF8, but I so have so much love for the game

How old you were when first playing Final Fantasy VIII
I was 9 years old at the time. And it came soon off me playing FF7, so I was coming off a train of kid hype at the time. FF8 gave me such a different experience and trust me a lot of metaphors and themes went right over my head. But trust me i was just as enthralled in the game as could be. FF7 and FF8 are what turned me into a JRPG enthusiast. Though back then I couldn't even do simple stuff such as Chocobo Forest, but I managed just fine brute forcing my way through the game, spamming GFs like a mad lad. I couldn't even figure out the easy methods of beating Diabolos or the Zombie President haha.

Man it has been 20 years, and while many a meme has been made from the game, it has a very special place in my heart with the rest of the PS1 era Final Fantasies. Truly works of art to me.

Favorite Song/Character/Location/Memory(you only need to pick one)

For my favorite song, its pretty cliche, but it is Force Your Way no doubt. Every time it hit, it truly felt like an epic boss theme even if you're fighting trash like Biggs and Wedge or those oil monsters under the garden. Close second is tied with Man with the Machine Gun and Premonition. All battle themes yes, but each one just got me hyped every time they hit on that transition.

Favorite character? Easily Laguna. Another cliche answer, but Laguna brought a welcome break to all the serious natures of what was going on usually. He made me care quickly about him, Kiros, and Ward. The only time I felt letdown was one of the shorter times as him later, but I won't spoil her for those who haven't played yet!

Location is a toughie. I know a lot of people say Esthar, but for me it is the Ragnarok itself. To me the best and coolest looking airship ever! I wonder if that's a cop out? I was 9 at the time so the Ragnarok really got me going and I would just fly around with it. But more importantly the interior looked awesome, when you first get to it in the game fighting those monsters. Man. I was hyped! If the Ragnarok does not count, then the next choice has to be Galbadia Garden. I do not know what about it is so cool to me. But to me it is the superior looking Garden.

As for memory, two come to mind. First and foremost, the Garden vs Garden! Many that was so cool and hype as shit. Its easily my favorite part of the game. The action really kicked in there. A second pick is that moment on the Ragnarok. You know the one. The one where everyone either cried or said "FINALLY!."

Man I really want to play on steam for the HD backgrounds that would be added from fans. Buuut. I need to say Switch. Nothing like leaning back, relaxing in bed playing on a nice handheld!

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
1. I was 16 in 1999
2. My favorite music oddly enough was for card battles. Also like the boss theme.
3. My platform is PS4

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Heaven
1. I want to say around 11. It was the first game I purchased on the PS1 when I bought it.

2. Just the whole overall experience and story. Up until that point I don't think I played games with a heavy story focus, so this was a new experience. This was my first FF game, so it was funny to try plying VII afterwards and being confused at all the differences (to me the junction system was normal :p). I still haven't beaten it after all these years (only been partway through disc 4) so I'm aiming to beat the remaster when it comes out.

It's enduring legacy to me has been Triple Triad, I quite enjoy it and I get sucked in every time I've restarted the game. (Screw the random rule)

3. Steam

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
1. I was 24 in 1999
2. My favorite music? Hmm.. it has been so long I don't even remember.. sorry..
3. My platform is PS4

I loved the game for what it was.. still have fond memories of it..

GenoScreams

Oct 31, 2017
1. I want to say I was about 13? 2003-ish? I remember when FFVIII first came out, I watched my brother play through it. He got all the way up to the end of disc 2 when it froze during a cutscene. He never made it past that and it was, as far as I remember, a few years before I would pick it up myself and complete it.

2. Balamb Garden's theme overwhelms me with nostalgia. It's one of the first songs you hear in the game, it's one that you hear frequently for extended periods of time, and it's so calming. It instantly takes me back to those days when I was watching my brother play through it, or when I first picked it up for myself.

3. Steam

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure I'll enter. Thanks OP.

1. I was I think 15 when I first played it. It was my 4th or 5th FF game.
2. I didn't like VIII honestly. I had a lot of issues with it, mainly the characters and story. The one character that kept me going was Laguna. Laguna is legit one of my favorite FF characters. If I could name another favorite thing about this game it's definitely the music. Listening to Liberi Fatali live at a Distant Worlds concert was fucking incredible.
3. PS4.

I'm happy others are excited for the game. The graphical upgrade is a treat, especially when the game already looked great for its time.

Rai_11

Nov 7, 2017
1. 10

2. Eyes on Me, and honestly the fact that there's a whole other cast of main characters blew my mind.

3. PS4

Thank you!

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Wow this is awesome :) thank you for hosting this giveaway!

Even though FF3 was my first JRPG, I didn't really play FF games for yeaaaaars after I played that—maybe like a 10 year gap. Since then I've been slowly working my way through the series and 8 is one of the last ones I have to play. So I'd say I'm most interested in the overall story and characters—I know 8's music is fantastic from listening to it in other games (I LOVE the extreme) and I've heard the battle system is wonky but I know so little about the plot and characters other than the really well known scenes I'm desperate to learn more.

2. Preferred Platform
Switch! I played 9 on switch and thought it was a good fit—plus it's always nice to have stuff to take on the go!

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I remember when I found out about this game on the Internet that generally, people hated this game for being weird compared to 7 or 9, which at the time I believed that like it was the Holy Bible or something so I ignored it. But with time, that opinion has changed, and after playing 7 (9 is on my "I'll get it eventually" list) I've been interested in playing it, specially now that it's coming as a remastered edition with some extra stuff here and there.

2. Preferred Platform
Switch

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
1. Oh geez, I had to be about 6. It was my first FF ever actually. I had the Pizza Hut Demo disc. I remember being blown away by the FMV graphics
2. Favorite song would be Fishermen's Horizon
3. PS4

Cool idea, OP. Thanks!

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Thanks for the giveaway!

1. I think I was ~10 years old (so it was sometime in 2000) when I first played it. A few weeks ago I just finished Ff7, to this day one of my favorite games and the first Final Fantasy I owned. A friend grabbed a used copy of Ff8 and we played it the whole weekend. Dumb as we were back then, we leveled up hours at the end of cd 1,because we didn't know what else to do. A year later I bought the game with my pocket money and finally finished it not my favorite Ff, but still a great game.

2. I really do like Laguna and his team (Ward and Kiros) and their adventures/locations.especially the ones that are about love (funny af).

3. For Nostalgic reasons I should say Playstation, but since Ff7 was amazing on Switch, that's my preferred platform.

DHR54

Oh well.
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I was 13 when I first played it, it was September 10th the day after the North American launch.

Favourite memory of the game was getting to my best friend's house on that first fateful day. He had started the game the day before and was working on the Brothers' Tomb. I fondly remember thinking it looked pretty by the numbers RPG because of that location, the battles looked so beautiful though. I was a little confused I had followed the games development via magazines and the tomb didn't match my expectations but once we started the
Assassination
mission, oh boy my mind was blown.

The music, the cgi cutscenes, the drama. We finished the disc that night and I was blown away. The next day he let me borrow disc 1 and he kept going. Best memory.

Platform of choice Playstation 4

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now let's see. I guess I was 17 or 18 and bunking off school to try and catch up on my revision but actually playing on my playstation in my bedroom instead.

My memory is appalling but something about fighting on a train?

In order of preference (not sure which platforms are available) switch, Xbox,ps4

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was about 15. I just got done playing Final Fantasy 7, since I was playing all the PS1 games again. While Final Fantasy 7 was something special indeed, something about Final Fantasy 8 just...stuck with me more. I loved the direction.

The man with the machine gun. And yes, I mean both the soundtrack and the man himself. Laguna made such a big impression on me, I really loved the flashback moments. Partially because they were really fun, but also because I love the battle theme so much.

3. Preferred Platform
Steam

Deleted member 6233

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to enter! Good to see someone generous do something nice for the community!

1. I was 21 when I first played Final Fantasy 8. I'm almost sure I played it in Fall '99 so it was several months after it had released. I had played pretty much every Final Fantasy game up to that point. I was idisappointed with the Junction System but I did like the story. 8 is one of the Final Fantasies I've never actually finished on my own! I got to the final battle but couldn't get through that.

2. My favorite song is Eyes on Me. One of my favorite music genres is soft rock love songs, the vocal version of the song would definitely be within that genre I'd say. I wish there were more soft rock type instrumental or vocal songs in games but the genre is pretty well dead at this point 😥

3. Preferred platform would be PS4. My headphones work on my PS4 right now, I play most games using those. For some reason they're not working with my Xbox at the moment even though they were back in the Fall ugh, I've gotta look into that and see if I can get them working on there again!

Deleted member 6233

Oct 25, 2017
My post double posted, sorry about that. I edited the second post out.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
1. I had just turned 17

2. My most memorable memory of the game is a sour one, I was somewhere on disc 3 and my last file was while in the air ship I think.

My PlayStation is then unable to read discs. Probably a year or two after the ps2 comes out, when I actually get back to the game. Unfortunately since I was in the over world, I have absolutely no idea what and where I was supposed to go.

Never got to finish the game. Only thing I really remember aside from that, were gunblades, and the card game.

3. Steam if I'm luckyluckyl

Excellence

May 15, 2019
1. How old you were when first playing Final Fantasy VIIi
I was about 12 . and it is the first FF game I have played and still hold it as the best FF for me .

Favorite Memory : first time using the summoning feature to summon Shiva against Ifrit

3. Preferred Platform
Steam

Thank you for the giveaway .

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
1. I was 13 and started to get into JRPGs around the release of FFVII. When I went to buy the game, some creep from my class who was way into FFVII himself (and whom I really couldn't stand) waited in front of our house because he got wind I would buy it and just went to the store with me. We somehow decided that we start to play the game together. That was awkward.

2. I'll always remember one little detail: the Diablos GF. That fucking sound the impact of his Gravity attack makes... I haven't heard anything like that before.

3. PS4

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
1) I was around 10 at the time and I came in late to the PlayStation being an N64 kid. I had a friend that would bang on endlessly about this amazing game called Final Fantasy VIII and it sounded so different to everything I had experienced in gaming to this point. At some point after getting a PlayStation I saw the opening of FFVIII and I was mesmerised. For me VIII has a special place in my heart as not only the first Final Fantasy I played, but also the first JRPG.

2) Love Grows. It makes me very emotional. Sometimes I listen to the orchestrated version of I want to be blown away.

3) Steam, but if that is an issue then PS4

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
1) I first played FFVIII around a year after it came out. I didn't have money so I had to wait for a friend to finish it. I must have been around 15 or so, just before I started working a part-time job.
2) My favorite character in FFVIII specifically? I always had a soft spot for Laguna. Such a goober, but lovable.
3) Xbox would be where I'd want to play it, but if not an option Switch. I think Xbox needs more games like this and more people playing them so companies can see there is a group that desires this experience.

Edited: I'm poor at following directions! :P

Last edited:

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
1. I was 12 or 13. It was actually the first console FF I played. I had played FFVII before but that was the PC version.
2. Favorite song is The Man with the Machine Gun. It's also in my top 5 songs of the whole series. Song is jammy af. I also like Eyes On Me even if it's pretty cheesy.
3. PC/Steam

Oublieux

Oct 27, 2017
1. How old you were when first playing Final Fantasy VIII -
I want to say 13 or 14--I got into the Final Fantasy series late and after the game had released.

Honestly, my favorite memory of the game is the introductory CG sequence... the one with that begins with the sweeping field of flowers and Rinoa. It absolutely set the tone for the game and was also so very hype.

3. Preferred Platform
PC/Steam!

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
1. I rented FF8 with a friend the first year it came out, so I would've been 11.
2. Fighting Diablos after getting the lamp from Cid.
3. Switch, please.

Thanks for doing this, Wazzy

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was 17. My last year of high school. I was just fresh off of playing my very first FF. (FF7). It was one of the best experiences in my life. With that hype, VIII was all I could think about.

Fav song was Blue Fields. Still so good. https://youtu.be/k_e7nYEyYNs

Steam preferred.

Thanks OP!

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
1. I was 14, i remember me and my friends talking all day about the game.

2. My fav memory is the first time i saw the intro, it was perfect.

3. Steam preferred.

Thanks for doing this!

CobaltBlu

Nov 29, 2017
1. I was 12, my friend had played through the game and let me borrow his PS1 to play it too.

2. Putting on the concert in Fisherman's Horizon

3. PC, Steam

Thanks, great to see a lot of FF8 love recently.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I might aswell enter as it's been ages since I played FFVIII, thanks for the giveaway! :)

I must have been around 8 when I played the game as it definitely was before FFIX released and my favorite memory is actually also intertwined with how I got to play the game in the first place. Back then I had a friend who was about 5 or 6 years older than me, our mothers were friends so we sometimes hung out together and prior to this I never heard of Final Fantasy in my life when this friend suddenly namedropped it as he knew I was going to the rental shop every now and then. He told me something along the lines of "See if you can find a Final Fantasy for PlayStation there, either VII or VIII but VIII is better!" So they next day after school I managed to get VIII from the rental-shop and he came over so we played it together.

I think it must have been one of the first 3D JRPGs I played coming from a SNES and I was seriously mind-blown back then, the graphics, the music, the sheer scope, everything seemed so grand and overwhelming even at the beginning already. My friend played and I just sat there in awe and wonder before my eyes popped out when he first summoned Shiva in the Ifrit cave and then we progressed through the game. My friend mostly played since the Junction System went way over my head at first at that age and I still remember that Balamb Garden was a location that completely sucked me in back then along with the music:

I could mention many more memories be it the dream sequences, the train-ride, the Moon Tear and all but yeah I think I'll leave it at that! :) Oh and the game really helped me with learning to read better back then too!

As for my preferred platform, I would take Steam I think.

EDIT: Fun fact, due to FFVIII being my first Final Fantasy I actually still call summons G.F.'s or Guardian Forces, no matter the game :P

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I was 18, senior year in high school. I was already a huge FF fan by that point, but the anticipation leading to FFVIII's release is pretty significant for me. Long story short, I didn't get to actually own and play through FFVII until about a year after its launch, since my household had a strict "one console" rule at the time and I placed my bets on the N64.

After finally convincing my way to a PSX, I vowed never to miss an FF launch ever again. The internet was also a growing obsession at the time, and I remember the days of waiting 15 minutes to print out a render of Squall followed by leaving my dad's laptop running overnight to download an official music video for FFVIII. I was practically counting the days until I could pick up my pre-order from EB Games.

Originally I was going to mention the opening FMV. A beautiful, very late 90's inspired series of quick cuts and epic music that I would play on repeat.

But searching deep in my heart, the one scene in the entire game that still sticks with me to this day would have to be during Disc 1, where Squall and his party were given the news that

Seifer was executed (which ended up false, but it was a shock for the party at the time)

While everyone is openly discussing the shocking news, Squall starts monologing in his head, as he tends to do. At a certain point, his anxiety and fear starts to build up to the point that he verbally lashes out loud, which catches everyone off-guard as he storms out of the room.

Even to this day, I can still relate to that wonderfully awkward character moment. I was practically a Squall during my high school days: I rarely ever talked to anyone and always went for the nearest corner during grouped-up events. I was too afraid to connect with anyone and too angry to lower my guard. I never had a random burst out of emotion from overflowing my head with thoughts, but I definitely came close a few times that I understand the built-up frustration that Squall experienced.

Incidentally, I also bought a replica of his necklace and would wear it in school. It was a dorky thing to do, but the design was cool enough that most people appreciated it even without knowing where it came from.

3. Preferred Platform

PS4, if you please.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just here to say that moogle gif never gets old and that it's great to see the viii love. Can't wait to revisit it with everyone!

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
14, my second FF after VII. Given the fact that VII was what got me into JRPGs in the first place, I was very much looking forward to it, and I would still consider VIII among my personal top 3 FFs today.

Couldn't decide on just one, which was already difficult to narrow down within the categories, so...

Favorite Song:

A common choice, I know, but I can think of few songs that actually helped make me look forward to random battles.
Favorite Character: Zell. I rather enjoyed the contrast between what a goof he was and how capable he was as a fighter, and found his enthusiasm infectious. It was a tough choice between him and Laguna, who I liked for similar reasons.
Favorite Location: In a game with no shortage of memorable locations, the tranquility of Fisherman's Horizon always stood out to me.
Favorite Memory: Squall giving his speech to rally the other Balamb Garden students during the battle with Galbadia Garden while The Oath played was a powerful moment that showed just how much he had grown, and stuck with me long after I played.

3. Preferred Platform
PS4

Thank you very much for this.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the giveaway, I'll enter!

What has you most interested about the Remaster
I've always wanted to play FF8 (I remember having a played-to-death demo disc I got from pizza hut, iirc), but as a kid money for games was limited and as I got older it fell under my radar. Shiny remasters are always a great way to bring old games back to light, and now that Squall truly is the most good looking guy here, I'd like to check it out. So yeah basically interested in seeing how the qol improvements are, and playing a classic with a new coat of paint.

2. Preferred Platform
PS4, RPGs just feel right on the big screen.

gamerjake5

Oct 25, 2017
I first played VIII when I was 5, hence my name. However I used a Gameshark due to not understanding the junction system until a few years later. Also have the strategy guide. Didn't play it until a few years after it came out, but I went on to play the rest of the series on GBA and DS. Now that I think about it, I was pretty young even though the game has adult themes that I didn't pick up on until I was a teen. It is arguably my favorite game in the series,

I really like "Force Your Way" when bosses are fought. It has allusions to "The Final Battle" from Final Fantasy V in there too.

3. Preferred Platform
PC