• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I need the Laguna/Kiros/Ward/Julia/Raine/Edea/Headmaster Robin Williams/Ellone/Adel updates now, please.

d739b0abfecf6e676a9888073ebceaa898d85198_00.gif

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Going to also post the update here. So apparently an email was sent out with Seifer, Rinoa and Squall gifs. I only received the first one with the other main 5 characters which sucks.

Thanks to Scotia for making these gifs!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
No word on a release date?

I never played FF8 and I assumed the remaster would never happen so I bought it on sale for PSN a few months back... well, that's $5 wasted, I guess, lol. Looking forward to this though, the other PS1 FFs are all time favorites of mine.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
No word on a release date?

I never played FF8 and I assumed the remaster would never happen so I bought it on sale for PSN a few months back... well, that's $5 wasted, I guess, lol. Looking forward to this though, the other PS1 FFs are all time favorites of mine.

Gamescom is next week so we will probably get a release date then.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
People keep clamoring for a release date when the anniversary is September 9th.... I'll be surprised if it doesn't come out right around there, the tenth is a Tuesday. Soon guys, soon!

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
The scaling they've done with the backgrounds is atrocious. That plant is just blurred into... a thing.

Expected, but still disappointing.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
The FFIX remaster did a better job of channeling the original art-style with the updated character models, these look pretty out of place here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I wonder what the price will be. If it's the same as FFIX i'll grab it day one.
If it's more, i'll have to think about it. Though I understand there's more work going into this than the other ports.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Wait have they said anything about fixing the translation from the original release. It's not the worst the series has had but there are some things that can be fixed

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
FF9 being $21 was so fucking stupid. Just be $20. Really bugs me, especially as someone who buys PSN Credit.

I'm expecting $30 here and am fine paying that day one. $40 if there's physical wouldn't shock me.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
I can see this going for $39.99 and it will come with a theme. They charged $20+for a barebones port of 7/9, and $40+ for 10 with those requiring a third of the work. Either way I'm willing to pay whatever because 8 is just so good and doesn't get any credit.

I just hope this doesn't come out in September. That month is packed with games and I can't just buy a game to sit on it.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it'll be 29, I would hope for 10 bucks less but its Square.

39 is way too steep, even for Square. Thats kind of close to the FF and KH remasters which included multiple games.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I can see this going for $39.99 and it will come with a theme. They charged $20+for a barebones port of 7/9, and $40+ for 10 with those requiring a third of the work. Either way I'm willing to pay whatever because 8 is just so good and doesn't get any credit.

I just hope this doesn't come out in September. That month is packed with games and I can't just buy a game to sit on it.

9 and 10's ports did not have "a third of the work" done compared 8's.

10 just happens to have been handled by incapable monkeys that completely destroyed the character models.