• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I am losing my GODDAMN mind

quistiscomparison.png

Holy shit. That's a huge visual quality jump. VII and IX didnt get this

Cruziao

Oct 25, 2017
OMG YESSSSS! My favourite ff ;_;7

Oh and I heard the og game having translation 'issue' so maybe the remaster can rectify that too.

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
Looks fucking fantastic! Those character models look great! I actually don't mind them going the remaster route when they do something like this. I'm excited to see more. I'm so in, day one PS4 baby. TIme to play my second favourite FF for literally the 20th time.

No, I'm not kidding....

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IVE WAITED SO LONG. IM SO HAPPY IM SOOOOOO FUCKING HAPPY

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
there is no background in the trailer, they probably still look bad just like ff9. maybe some AI upscale pack can be made on PC.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
How is this different from VII remaster? I mean this version looks like an upgrade but definitely not at VII level, what am I missing?

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I found my tweet from May where I was guessing if the colour of the Clouds meant something.

I ACTUALLY GOT IT RIGHT. OMG LOL

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I very realistically will somehow end up (re)buying this on Steam, PS4, and Switch. PS4 for the stupid fanboy validation of getting a platinum, Switch for playing on the go, and Steam for the inevitable mods that will make it the perfect experience. I know I shouldn't but this game is just the best to me.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"meh I don't see much difference tbh"

are you fucking insane ? (heavy compression due to the video but you get the point)

maxresdefault.jpg

a2db3671f9c089c62b2e2c782fa29faf.jpg
yeah this looks great.

I am concerned that they didn't show any of the pre-rendered backgrounds though. Somehow, I doubt that they used neural AI for upscaling.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
yeah this looks great.

I am concerned that they didn't show any of the pre-rendered backgrounds though. Somehow, I doubt that they used neural AI for upscaling.

Which is fine because by giving us a unity version we'll do the backgrounds ourselves.

:)

Three things we can not fix in the current pc port :

- summon animations skip

- analog support

- character models

This version is gonna fix all 3 while coming with its own share of updates and improvements and we just have to mod the backgrounds (that are already being worked on).

Backgrounds won't be much of an issue for the handled Switch mode !

Ps4 and xbox is gonna be rough like the other ports. Pc gonna be fire though.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I will take not boosting over not having to watch the same animations 9881 times through the game. Give the option for people to do whatever they prefer but don't force us to go through this again pls.
Why are you watching the GFs 9881 times in one game

They're much slower than just junctioning to Attack

Why are you even doing combat outside of bosses

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy 8 fans may be in heaven right now but wait till Square introduces a new audio bug that plays all the music backwards after battle!