• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

enigmatic_alex44

GAGA IS A FLOP
Oct 25, 2017
You tried it.
Omggg they made a bitch wait a full hour to announce it I had given up hope. Whew, Wazzy getting that hit thread for the top announcement of E3 2019!

The way I SCREAMED. I teared up too Scotia

mo1ddqv.gif

The legendary music. Someone hold me.

The new character models, this looks more impressive than FFVII Remaster. Wow!

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I love the junction system, one of the few systems were you can make the game as easy or as difficult as you want it to be.

The drawing part is the only bummer but cards can make it easier.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
My favorite part of every VIII threads is someone always comes in with hot takes but clearly doesn't know how to play the game.

To be fair, I had no idea my first playthrough, that's where the challenge comes from. Now I know the game in and out it's so fun to break things with Triple Triad.

The real battle system is Triple Triad people. The sooner you realize that the better.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i couldn't make it through like 5 minutes of the steam version. finally get to play this again

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Honestly kind of disappointed with how it looks, it looks like they gave it a nice HD UI and left the assets very similar to the old PC version's clearer visuals.

I guess hoping for a remaster as thorough as FFX's (minus some of the NPC's) was just wishful thinking.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I love the junction system, one of the few systems were you can make the game as easy or as difficult as you want it to be.

It was definitely something I learned to appreciate as I got older. Last time I tried playing the game I did a low-level playthrough.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
WAZZY

IT'S HAPPENING

WE BELIEVED
Omggg they made a bitch wait a full hour to announce it I had given up hope. Whew, Wazzy getting that hit thread for the top announcement of E3 2019!

The way I SCREAMED. I teared up too Scotia

mo1ddqv.gif

The legendary music. Someone hold me.

The new character models, this looks more impressive than FFVII Remaster. Wow!
I'm so happy for you. :)

(and me)

I'm so happy for you Wazzy!!!
5ZJV7j8.gif

BLESS YOU ALLL. IF I MISSED ANYONE I'M SORRY I'M STILL FREAKING OUT.

] THE LEGENDARY VIII HAS ARRIVED IN STYLE. REMASTER OF THE YEAR. PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE IMPACTED BY THIS ICONIC GAME.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Whoever says this look like the original,please pass on some of that shit you're smoking.
Backgrounds look like arse,but i think i'm asking too much already.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017

Refine it. There is almost zero reason to ever draw magic. Items can be turned into magic as well as cards.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
VIII stans legit waited the longest but got the best port. What a truly blessed day. I can't believe it's finally happening.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
My favorite part of every VIII threads is someone always comes in with hot takes but clearly doesn't know how to play the game.

To be fair, I had no idea my first playthrough, that's where the challenge comes from. Now I know the game in and out it's so fun to break things with Triple Triad.

The real battle system is Triple Triad people. The sooner you realize that the better.
the best part is that the game has a built-in tutorial that covers EVERYTHING about the game

but hey i guess ignoring tutorials was hot shit even back in '99

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Just think of all the blessed souls who will be playing this for the first time and experience true greatness

gets me PUMPED

QnGHC09.gif

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly kind of disappointed with how it looks, it looks like they gave it a nice HD UI and left the assets very similar to the old PC version's clearer visuals.

I guess hoping for a remaster as thorough as FFX's (minus some of the NPC's) was just wishful thinking.

Uh the models are significantly upgraded

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
So happy. I mean realistically FF8 deserves the full remake treatment, but I'll be in retirement by the time they get around to that, if ever.

I just hope they redo the backgrounds.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That would be nice

the best part is that the game has a built-in tutorial that covers EVERYTHING about the game

but hey i guess ignoring tutorials was hot shit even back in '99
I don't think tutorials cover level scaling? Not that it's necessary, but I think a lot of people got caught in the "I can just grind for levels!" trap that makes the game harder.

But yeah the junction system is very clearly explained, as are GF abilities and from there if you don't look into refining and card mod, I can't help you.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I BELIEVED TOO

when they announced all the FF games except 8 last year

T..T