• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm betting it's all gonna be DLC. This is the game, but they'll build on it over the next few years. Kinda like the FFXV model turned to 11.

People gonna be fuckin' livid if that's how they got about it, because XV was heavily criticized for feeling like an empty "work-in-progress" game.

AND it didn't even get all of the content they announced! Bad model to follow.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
I expected new story stuff. I'm sure I won't like it, but it doesn't bother me much. The bad voice acting is a strain to listen to though. Why does Square tend to have such bad dubs?

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could the voice acting change be due to that strike?
I don't remember exactly what happened but a couple of years ago companies used non union voice actors or something
I'm sure someone else can explain it better

Oct 25, 2017
Because it ruins the original scene. Why did this need to be added to Cloud meeting Aeris for the first time? The original is a sweet chance meeting in passing amongst the chaos going on and further hints at the importance of the unknown flower girl.

Now she's being attacked by ghosts and wimpering like a baby. Yuck.

How about we wait until we play the game first? And it's been repeatedly stated this isn't going to be a 1:1 remake. At all. Things will change.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
People gonna be fuckin' livid if that's how they got about it, because XV was heavily criticized for feeling like an empty "work-in-progress" game.

AND it didn't even get all of the content they announced! Bad model to follow.
GaaS money tho

Maybe they think more people will care cause folks actually super care about FFVII's story. Who among us will not pay $10 for snowboarding minigames?

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how Era would feel about MGS2's tanker marketing if it were attempted today. Or even the original FFVII's marketing which almost exclusively focused on Midgar.

Funny to see threads that are both complaining about spoilers and also not showing stuff from later in the game.

Precisely. Which is why a proper remake shouldn't have had any. Nor an action-based combat system. Nor ghosts where there
were no ghosts before. Etc etc etc.

Sounds like you should just stick with the original since you don't want anything changed or added.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Precisely. Which is why a proper remake shouldn't have had any. Nor an action-based combat system. Nor ghosts where there
I don't think you understand what "remake" means.

And, like, that's just YOUR opinion. "Remake" doesn't have a tightly defined meaning that one cannot stray from to be still called a remake, you know. They didn't want to make a boring 1:1 graphical upgrade but wanted to do something more ambitious. This will be the result, for better or for worse. THe original game is hardly perfect so there's room for changes that make for a different yet still enjoyable experience.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little worried that Square is going to start throwing in unnecessary story elements like that blog fog attacking Aeris or throw in a twist that Shinra was actually manipulating Avalanche to destroy the reactors the whole time. I didn't care much for the added story elements in Crisis Core and I felt it took away some from the original FF VII story.

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

DefinitiveJollyAfricanhornbill-size_restricted.gif

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really care about the ghosts or whatever. But strafing around while a turret fires at you and doing air combos is not really what I want out of a Final Fantasy game.

But whatever, I'll still buy it because I won't believe it is real until I have it physically in my hands.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
I'm actually excited for the characters playing so differently. Hoping SE makes to right.

Last edited:

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How about we wait until we play the game first? And it's been repeatedly stated this isn't going to be a 1:1 remake. At all. Things will change.
Changes are fine, bad changes are not.

Nothing about the original scene needed fucking ghosts showing up. The original VII itself was very delicate in its handling of the spiritual aspect and reinforcing that you are not able to come back or interact with the world after death.

This black mist crap is reminscent of the atrocious compilation that totally betrayed that.

They already showed the scene of Aerith and Cloud meeting on State of Play and it plays mostly like the original with Aerith looking at him and giving him a flower, this is not it.

It's the same scene. He's wearing the flower and she's still carrying her basket.

notnow0182

Dec 16, 2017
I think it would be kind of cool if you bought the game for 60 bucks and you get access to all of the episodes when they come out and the subsequent episodes are just downloadable add ons so you just continue your save. Doesn't make sense from a business stand point to be free, but I could easily see them doing 60 dollar entry point and then each subsequent episode is like 20 dollars.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. Completely agree with you.
The original game also looks like shit so why is the remake looking so much better. Where are the blocky Lego figures Square.

Oct 25, 2017

Nothing about the original scene needed fucking ghosts showing up. The original VII itself was very delicate in it handling of the spiritual aspect and reinforcing that you are not able to come back or interact with the world after death.

This black mist crap is reminscent of the atrocious compilation that totally betrayed that.

You literally have no context and don't know what those things are. At all. You're already deeming it bad without any knowledge of what it is. Or when this exact scene takes place. How about we wait either after tomorrow or after we play the game to understand instead of getting irrationally upset over it?

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019

Nothing about the original scene needed fucking ghosts showing up. The original VII itself was very delicate in its handling of the spiritual aspect and reinforcing that you are not able to come back or interact with the world after death.

It's the same scene. He's wearing the flower and she's still carrying her basket.
Yeah, I just saw it... My bad.