• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
VA quality doesnot even match FF13-1.

I really don't understand why SE seems to be struggling so badly in this area.

Solid decline ever since 13(the sequels VA kept getting worse) then with 15 it was a big drop.

Seriously change your English VA collaborators.

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a bad feeling about this game. I honestly thought this was still 1.5 - 2 years away from what they showed last time. And the fact that they keep showing the same very small portion of the game. Hmm

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
oh no we have 3 shadows in the pic
FFVIIAC-KadajsGang.jpg
Don't you dare

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect Tifa will be tomorrow. I think it'll be like the KH3 trailers last year where each one on each conference/event showed just a bit more reveals.

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Square probably won't even make mention of this being split up until you hit the "To Be Continued..." ending of this.

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Interesting to see if this will stay just PS4 or if we will see a ps5 version down the line too.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I have a bad feeling about feeling about this game. I honestly thought this was still 1.5 - 2 years away from what they showed last time
Why?

. And the fact that they keep showing the same very small portion of the game. Hmm
I wonder how Era would feel about MGS2's tanker marketing if it were attempted today. Or even the original FFVII's marketing which almost exclusively focused on Midgar.

Oct 25, 2017
I bet they don't. I'm actually fairly certain Squeenix's conference tomorrow will be even worse than Bethesda's.

They still showing what is essentially the game intro is totally bizarre and is giving me some serious bad vibes for whatever the hell this is going to end up being.

Worst case. Which I don't mind. Midgar is heavily expanded and yea this first game takes place mostly there. The game is still 9 months out that's still more than enough time to show off more of the game.

If this is only part 1. They will mention it tomorrow. Better to do it then rather than wait a few months before release.

I'll wait until tomorrow after we get more info.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They keep showing the same portion of the game because it's a tease for tomorrow, you guys. Calm down lol

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
VA quality doesnot even match FF13-1.

I really don't understand why SE seems to be struggling so badly in this area.

Solid decline ever since 13(the sequels VA kept getting worse) then with 15 it was a big drop.

Seriously change your English VA collaborators.
They got a brand new voice cast for FF7, none of the original voices are in it. (despite voicing them in that recent dissidia game )

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, those Ghosts are fucking bizarre.

Especially since that looks like the first time we meet Aeries, and I don't remember that shit in the slightest.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
I have a bad feeling about this game. I honestly thought this was still 1.5 - 2 years away from what they showed last time. And the fact that they keep showing the same very small portion of the game. Hmm

Seems to be a Ground Zeroes situation. It doesn't feel like this will be a complete game.

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
"I'm getting bad vibes from this game" aka "I have already made my mind up that this game will be bad"

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wario64 got me worried there are no parts and midgar is it lol.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So not only are they making Sephiroth show up earlier but maybe all the Jenova shit too? I don't know about this. Makes me feel like the first part of this "remake series" is going to feel super bloated compared to the rest.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I was actually going to post this but they aren't adding all that stuff in are they? Genesis stuff is terrible.
They said early on that the Compilation of FFVII stuff wouldn't be integral to this remake. Maybe they'll take some small elements from it but characters like Genesis shouldn't appear in this game.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
They said early on that the Compilation of FFVII stuff wouldn't be integral to this remake. Maybe they'll take some small elements from it but characters like Genesis shouldn't appear in this game.

really lame that they aren't including the giant, secret underground city beneath midgar full of super soldier mutants

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
So not only are they making Sephiroth show up earlier but maybe all the Jenova shit too? I don't know about this. Makes me feel like the first part of this "remake series" is going to feel super bloated compared to the rest.

I mean, they have to pad out 7 hours to 30 hours somehow.

If they end it with the motorcycle scene (likely) then the only scene we'd have with Sephiroth is the raid on Shinra. I imagine Nomura wasn't happy with having just one Sephiroth scene in the entire game.

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A game about an Alien crash landing on Earth merely using it as a vessel to travel. That has her cells infused into high class soldiers to make them stronger. A game that features a talking wolf, a man with a machine fun for a hand. A game that has all sorts of wacky monsters..One of them looking like a crazed fun house. And THIS is what turns you off?
Because it ruins the original scene. Why did this need to be added to Cloud meeting Aeris for the first time? The original is a sweet chance meeting in passing amongst the chaos going on and further hints at the importance of the unknown flower girl.

Now she's being attacked by ghosts and wimpering like a baby begging for help. Yuck.