• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So the ghost thing is next to Sephiroth in the art.

D8q6Lc0XoAA4K6k.jpg:large

Yeah I caught that too. I wonder what the hell it is.

Deunan

Apr 18, 2018
Notice how Cloud doesnt see the ghost until aeris touches him, maybe its the white materia speaking/calling

Oct 25, 2017
What did you people expect from the people that brought us the compilation of VII?

I was actually kinda excited after that last trailer but that ghost shit just deflated everything

A game about an Alien crash landing on Earth merely using it as a vessel to travel. That has her cells infused into high class soldiers to make them stronger. A game that features a talking wolf, a man with a machine fun for a hand. A game that has all sorts of wacky monsters..One of them looking like a crazed fun house. And THIS is what turns you off?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They should call this "reimagining" instead of "remake". This is no remake. It fails to capture the soul, essence, feel, or whimsical magic of the original. This is a completely different original game vaguely based on the happenings of the first. What's with all the character pain barks? This is stupidly nuts.
I hate this.
They have barely shown anything of the game. C'mon.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How about we wait until tomorrow where I'm sure they will cover all of this.
I bet they don't. I'm actually fairly certain Squeenix's conference tomorrow will be even worse than Bethesda's.

They still showing what is essentially the game intro is totally bizarre and is giving me some serious bad vibes for whatever the hell this is going to end up being.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the tears of the people making the same hot takes everytime.

tenor.gif

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
So is part one gonna make it outside of Midgar city at all?...

Escaping Midgar seems like a good stopping point, narratively speaking, but then it'd be weird to stop the game before the Kalm flashback to set up Sephiroth, but then there's not really a good stopping point for a while after Kalm either, so it'd be this weird "Ok the game's climax happened during the escape from Midgar, but it's still going on for some reason"

The real gag is gonna be when they announce they've actually already finished remaking FF7 in its entirety but they'll still be releasing it as separate games.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yeah I caught that too. I wonder what the hell it is.
Reminder that Sephiroth is still frozen in the Northern Crater. It's probably better spelled out elsewhere, but the Sephiroth you run into during the game is actually a ghost of sorts thanks to Jenova. Makes sense to clarify that more instead of him phasing in and out of the game during large portions of the game and Sephiroth needing Cloud to actually bring the Black Materia to him in the North Crater.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't fucking wait for tomorrow. Hopefully they tell us what those dementors are. I think they might be a part of the "Reunion" that they've added, like the black cloaked men.

edit: damn, good point

Reminder that Sephiroth is still frozen in the Northern Crater. It's probably better spelled out elsewhere, but the Sephiroth you run into during the game is actually a ghost of sorts thanks to Jenova. Makes sense to clarify that more instead of him phasing in and out of the game during large portions of the game and Sephiroth needing Cloud to actually bring the Black Materia to him in the North Crater.

Oct 25, 2017
Watch those "ghosts" are the physical manifestation of the "planet" talking to Aerith. Cloud only sees them after she touches him.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually happening yay!

I'm expecting them to announce it'll be the full game tomorrow. Please believe

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
"Okay Cloud, we need you to bring back 5 ghost essences before we can start the next mission."

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
A game about an Alien crash landing on Earth merely using it as a vessel to travel. That has her cells infused into high class soldiers to make them stronger. A game that features a talking wolf, a man with a machine fun for a hand. A game that has all sorts of wacky monsters..One of them looking like a crazed fun house. And THIS is what turns you off?

Thank you for bringing logic to the thread.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
The more and more we hear of him in English, the more Barret sounds like a caricature unfortunately.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because people are getting a bit excited: they specifically confirmed it's still releasing in parts just last month with the State of Play trailer. No way plans changed that quickly.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the game skips all the parts between leaving Midgar and returning to Midgar. No one cares about the middle stuff anyway.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
You can see the ghost guys have hooded heads in the trailer. Idk why they are there, but the only thing from ff7 that looks like that is the clones. Seems like this games story will be different.
You know, now that you mention it this kind of reminds me of what happens when Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo summon entities in Advent Children. Going by that train of logic, perhaps the hooded people AKA
Sephiroth clones
have a similar power.

aWBWIs0.gif

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Weird way of announcing a release date for a highly anticipated title, but early 2020 is looking to be stacked.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
You guys are forgetting the Jenova plot twist.

Without spoiling anything, the ghost is probably a remnant of Jenova.

They might be fleshing out the "reunion" a bit more. It was extremely eerie in the original, but the low poly models didn't do it justice.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Escaping Midgar seems like a good stopping point, narratively speaking, but then it'd be weird to stop the game before the Kalm flashback to set up Sephiroth, but then there's not really a good stopping point for a while after Kalm either, so it'd be this weird "Ok the game's climax happened during the escape from Midgar, but it's still going on for some reason"

The real gag is gonna be when they announce they've actually already finished remaking FF7 in its entirety but they'll still be releasing it as separate games.
The logical thing me thinks is to leave Midgar, go to Kalm and the countryside and new areas, and to come back to Midgar again. On top of flashback fire moments.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Hmmm the trailer has been bugging me for awhile. Why are they so insane to play with radiator explosion? I mean arent they afraid of ars or cancer? I mean it is radiation they are toying with

But overall i feel excited even though it comes late. But hey, it is better than nothing

SushiMassage

Banned
Apr 5, 2019
They are still only showing parts from Midgar, is it pretty safe at this point to assume first game only will be midgar?