• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
This looks better than expected in every way. Can't wait.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
I am baffled at people complaining about getting a chance to fully explore Midgar. Like, when I first played this game I was bummed I couldn't check out the other sectors. The gameplay looks fucking solid and if there is a whole game behind it of even just Midgar I am in fucking heaven. Some of yall need to relax lol
Exactly, midgar was always the best part of teh game imo. Best part of the whole world. Sounds like we are getting a lot more fleshing the location out and that is amazing.
In script terms, Midgar is more or less exactly 33% of FF7. In terms of areas/screens, it's less than that, but once you leave Midgar FF7 just burns through areas like crazy. Anyway, point is - if you assume the game is padded out/added to evenly, three parts sounds about right.
Yeah the pace in midgar is way faster than the rest of the game. Once you leave the story slows down big time. Having Midgar take the time it deserves, and shortening some of the rest of disc 1 would improve the pacing imo.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
Camera was shaking too much, I couldn't see it fully because my motion sickness (which I thought it was cured some years ago).

They didn't destroyed Tifa, which was the high-point of the trailer.

Nice trailer, but I'm not picking a PS4 solely to play this game this far on the generation (fuck Sony anyway). If didn't come to PC or Xbox One, I'll probably wait for the PS5 (or I'll just watch it on twitch/youtube).

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
MIDGARD-ONLY AND IT'S SHIPPING ON TWO BLU-RAYS

IT'S EVEN BETTER THAN ANYTHING I DREAMED

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
I am so incredibly hyped for this. They nailed everything.

The gameplay looks like an improved version of the XIII combat which is fucking great because that was easily the best part of that game (after the OST) even if it had some flaws.

This shot up as one of my most expected 2020 games and its up there with TLOU2.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been skeptical since the initial announcement but this presentation blew me away. Game looks incredible.

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, they got all the Teen Wolf actors for this.

Looks damn good though. 2 discs for Midgar? When the full game is finally released it'll be huge.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I was psychic like all the whiny fuckers here I'd probably use my powers to make some money, not shit up gaming forums about how terrible the remake is going to be. I mean clearly they're operating on future information as they know exactly how the story has been changed. I mean, despite saying they have, SE clearly havent changed the story so criticising it based on knowledge of the original is clearly a reasonable course of action.

But lets forget SE even bigger mistake, they might force us (at gunpoint clearly) to buy two or even *gasp* three good games? Fucking monsters I tells ya, monsters! Who gives a fuck how many parts it is if each part is a) good and b) solid value.

They said they felt they had enough story to make this standalone. If you dont believe them dont buy it, or wait for reviews or get it second hand or on whatever game pass it ends up on. There is literally nothing SE could do to satisfy some of the unreasonable complaints being trotted out ad nauseum.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Ok the way the OP reads is the March 2020 release is two disks with disk 1 being Midgar. Yet everyone else is freaking out about it being two parts with one dedicated to Midgar (which isn't a bad thing, that's the one area major expansion can help with.) I haven't been able to watch the press conference, did they straight up say 2 parts, with part one only being Midgar?

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Can we all take a moment to appreciate the mix of Bombing Mission and the fight theme during the scorpion guard boss fight? The music is going to be so completely on point it hurts me.

Roxsus

Dec 8, 2017
Can't believe I'm about to spend $330 for this. I never buy Collectors editions but this is my favorite game of all time getting a remake, I need it.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This game looks amazing. I still hate the piecemeal nature, but if this is expanded, it will be worth it.

Nov 2, 2017
Only thing I'm worried about is enemies look very damage spongy with attacks doing quite a little amount of damage. Feels like it'll ruin the flow of the game.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In script terms, Midgar is more or less exactly 33% of FF7. In terms of areas/screens, it's less than that, but once you leave Midgar FF7 just burns through areas like crazy. Anyway, point is - if you assume the game is padded out/added to evenly, three parts sounds about right.
I'd rather they pad out everything. Expand the cities after Midgar. I played this first when I was 11. This ain't a ten second race. I got nothing but time.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder how long the gaps between parts will be? A yearly release at least would be for the best.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Expanded Midgar makes me really happy, it is easily the best section of the original game. The entire rest of the game being in part 2 is worrying though if they stick with that. Should have stuck with the original three part plan. Even then, will be pacified so long as they do my boy Nanaki justice.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Wait wait wait...

ZDebLjw.jpg

Is this Jesse in the bike with Cloud?

Jesse/Biggs/Wedge will survive? Maybe even as party members? lololol

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Expanded Midgar makes me really happy, it is easily the best section of the original game. The entire rest of the game being in part 2 is worrying though if they stick with that. Should have stuck with the original three part plan. Even then, will be pacified so long as they do my boy Nanaki justice.
I don't think they've confirmed that it'll be two parts. They really need to clarify the plan

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting the feeling that the first episode has to have more than Midgar, I mean they sort of showed most of it during the conference.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
The most impressive thing is that it looks like square finally found the perfect combat system for modern final fantasy games

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So its releasing on March 3rd, same day as BotW did.

I have no nostalgia for FFVII but this game looks breathtaking, the amount of work at display here is amazing.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
I'd rather they pad out everything. Expand the cities after Midgar. I played this first when I was 11. This ain't a ten second race. I got nothing but time.

Well, if it's three games, they will have to pad out everything or else they'll be fucked.

I stand by my pre E3 prediction:
  1. Midgar
  2. Open on the Nibelheim Flashback. Then Kalm right through until Cloud hands over the Black Materia & Disappears
  3. Search for Cloud through 'til the end.