• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
What is going on with the Sephiroth scene?

Clearly the clone but they never run into during Midgar right?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Rai_11

Nov 7, 2017
Cloud is gonna pull off that GOTY (well I mean he has to go through cyberpunk and tlou2), but I support the guy!

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Where in Midgar is this Jenova fight happening?

I suppose that Jenova isnt the final boss, or they wouldn't show it so soon.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
You can hear at what probably is an Hamauzu's track right here at the beginning part, I'm quite sure it's him:

(starts at 0.15 sec) http://www.otherworldonline.net/cda/ff7r_new_music.mp3
I was worried at first but the classic "sounds" he uses came in and I was like "oh yeah that's what I'm talking about."

More of his work in the OST would be a welcome change. He's probably the best equipped to match the synth and electronic sounds with the orchestra in a pleasing way.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Oh what a trailer, I did not see that coming and it's amazing! Very spoilery but I couldn't resist against hype.

Apr 19, 2018
The boss theme has changed from the E3 trailer and now sounds like the original one. Man this is going a be a fucking masterpiece.

It may not be so much that it's changed, but that, like the regular "Let the Battles Begin" theme, there may be multiple variations of the boss theme, depending on the boss fight. The demo version, for instance, appears catered to the Scorpion Sentinel since it encompasses elements of the the Bombing Mission motif.

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Yeah, I agree with that except it actually was walking in a painting. Hehe

From a previous boss trailer the camera was pretty zoomed out tough? Hopefully there are some options as well. For a trailer close ups should work better. My hope is that we get some blade runner like shots to compensate for the lack of painting walking.

Maybe there's s cinematic mode dlc? ;-)
Yeah, I mean I guess my point is it was like an interactive painting where you can control the ppl in it. That's an essential part of FF, which has a shared heritage with classic point and click adventure games. It makes it more about exploring an environment, and it emphasizes the art direction.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He looks like Cloud's and Gladiolus' love child, lol:

EPmpEdoXsAEPHIG.jpg

EPmpFBKWAAAbu23.jpg
Trailer implies in some way that he knows cloud. My big brain theory:
He says "you know what i want, a second dance, just the two of us". that is this games, Zack. He really didnt die or his story is now different to the point where he is brain washed or too much mako just made him a shinra soldier, and nothing more to a point

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The new Soldier is named Roche and The Train Graveyard will get another extension. That "classic" location was also in World of FF and Dirge. Bleh.
FF VII-Part 1 got weird priorities. That said, the game´s extended sex humor bit is something I look forward to if it ends up as weird and awkward as all of this looks. Such stuff is borderline untranslatable and keeps being stuck in the 80s, so "fun" will be had.

The Japanese VAs. Now THAT´s voice acting:

Who knows about the game(s) but it will make for one hell of a YT anime when done (at least in parts).

Edit: I actually had fun with the very same trailer when i switched it to Japanese. KH3´s cutscenes don´t even work in Japanese though. The camera work is quite well done i must say.

Last edited:

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Does this whole game only cover about 5 hours of the original game ....? Dear god, we are going to have 5 parts aren't we?
Square-Enix is gonna make this 5 parts and milk the fuck out of this. If you are even partially familiar with SE then this is obvious. Either this is 5 parts milked over a decade or it gets 2 parts and never gets finished

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
The game and graphics look absolutely amazing. However the dialogue and voice acting is absolutely atrocious and ruins the magic for me. :/

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing to point out that I haven't seen many people mention is how fucking on point the lip synching seems to be. Its maybe not the best ever but for a game that's gonna have a ton of cut scenes I think they'd done an incredible job. The animation in general is great as that brief bit of the Honey Bee in looked fantastic with all the dancers and moving parts.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm alone in liking the English dub thus far.

Though (some) people tend to really value overacting so anything not over the top seems to be considered bad.

Nonagon

Jan 2, 2020
Quite a bit of "spoilers", but if you don't know the game, it's fine to watch it, because you won't know what's going on anyway.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Eh...the dialogue and voice acting is not good.

I promise that the Shinra is not the True Enemy!

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
The game and graphics look absolutely amazing. However the dialogue and voice acting is absolutely atrocious and ruins the magic for me. :/
I think the audio cutting is weird in this trailer, as it often is for Squenix trailers.

Max Dood has actually made the point that, from his demo experiences, the dialogue sounds much better in-game than it does in the trailers.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Not sure I can bring myself to watch this. We are SO close!
But hot damn if this isn't one of the most overall positive VIIR threads I've ever seen here!

That said, is any 'exploration' footage shown? Not running around battlegrounds, but Sectors or NPC areas? Interiors of buildings?
I'm starting to get that sick feeling I got like a month away from XIII's launch before the 'no towns!" news came out of the reviews. 😞

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm alone in liking the English dub thus far.

Though (some) people tend to really value overacting so anything not over the top seems to be considered bad.

English VA is great. It's just another case where some lines probably sound bad out of context, especially with different backing audio. This has happened with MANY game trailers.

When I play video games I want to be immersed. I don't want to have to look at subtitles. I want good English VA, it heightens the experience. So I'm going with that.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I can bring myself to watch this. We are SO close!
But hot damn if this isn't one of the most overall positive VIIR threads I've ever seen here!

That said, is any 'exploration' footage shown? Not running around battlegrounds, but Sectors or NPC areas? Interiors of buildings?
I'm starting to get that sick feeling I got like a month away from XIII's launch before the 'no towns!" news came out of the reviews. 😞

You see Cloud running up a lot of stairs in the Shinra HQ and Cloud in a dress walking around Wall Market. Its mostly cut scenes and some combat footage.