• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
That was an amazing fake trailer.

The lengths SE is taking to make people believe FFVII Remake is real is nothing short of astounding.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
This isn't a troll post, I only want to express my concerns. Based on this trailer and knowing that Square likes to show almost their entire game before release, I may be wrong but it looks like it's going to be a 10-15 hours game.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
97v20.png

He literally looks like the artwork come to life, I'm so fucking blown away by how good Red looks

It's all for nought if the game doesn't let you pet him though.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
So I never played the original one (didn't wanted to play it in the last 15 years because I hoped a remake would be coming someday).

I just wonder when you know they are going to divide in into 3 parts. How meaty is this game going to be? Did they tell if they were going to add extra cutscenes or other things? Or is just going to be a 10 tot 15 hours game and not a long RPG because they decided to cut it in parts?

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
That kind of worries me a bit, part of what made FFVII good was unravelling Sephiroth's story. Like waking up in the Shinra prison and everyone being dead and wondering who could have done it. Not to mention the Midgar Zolom scene is where you first think god damn how the fuck did he do that after you struggle with. It does worry me that he is so heavily featured so early on.
Yeah, you'll lose that stuff. But the more they try to preserve all those moments the more hindered they are by having to cut it all up imo.

This type of stuff is inevitable. They can't really keep the same story structure and not have the pacing feel awful, imo.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That kind of worries me a bit, part of what made FFVII good was unravelling Sephiroth's story. Like waking up in the Shinra prison and everyone being dead and wondering who could have done it. Not to mention the Midgar Zolom scene is where you first think god damn how the fuck did he do that after you struggle with. It does worry me that he is so heavily featured so early on.

For sure, the tension of Sephiroth is something I'm already seeing as an issue from this latest trailer. Everything is being shown far too early. Some things are obviously being drawn out and expanded, but some of the most important story beats are being spelled out far too early because fan service.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Is this the first time we see Cloud aerial combat? don't think I've noticed before.

And yeah fuck me this looks good.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Just listened to the actual song and the behind the scenes video. Quite like it, can definitely see it fitting the end of the first part.

As for the trailer, definitely major major spoilers. Looks like they are showing some new story segments - I'm unsure about currently but will probably change my mind when released

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That song sucks balls, but that was a proper-ass trailer. Feels like they've shown the entire game now though lol.

And I KNEW they were going to include a Jenova fight in the game. And I still think Part 1 will end with a mental fight against Sephiroth too. :P

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That was an amazing fake trailer.

The lengths SE is taking to make people believe FFVII Remake is real is nothing short of astounding.

Yeah, they don't fool me though. I'll believe the game is real when I hold the copy in my own hands. Nah, I'd still have some doubts, it could be an empty disc. I believe it when I am able to play it!

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
This is an amazing trailer. I've never played FF VII but holy god do I want to play that thing now.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So I never played the original one (didn't wanted to play it in the last 15 years because I hoped a remake would be coming someday).

I just wonder when you know they are going to divide in into 3 parts. How meaty is this game going to be? Did they tell if they were going to add extra cutscenes or other things? Or is just going to be a 10 tot 15 hours game and not a long RPG because they decided to cut it in parts?

We've been told to expect the game to be the length of a full fledged game Whatever that mean. But they're clearly expanding the scope of the game, as with every trailers there's been lots of new stuff not found in the original.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Red's voice. Soft and wise sounding. But I do feel like they might be trying to pack a bit too much into Midgar with the Sephiroth stuff and now a Jenova battle?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The English VA doesn't work for me. There feels a major discrepancy between onscreen and their voices.
Sounds like your average English anime dub. It kinda fits lol.
FFXV in development hell for many years at the hands of Nomura, finally left onto Hajime Tabata's hands to save it under 2 years of development...

Meanwhile this project had ALL of the attention from SE.

Under two years? Tabata came into the project in 2012. He worked on FFXV for four years.

The problem is Tabata is a hack.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Feels like SE saw the leaks and thought "we may as well do it ourselves" and put this trailer.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Totally did not expect the theme song trailer to reveal that much, oops

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't a troll post, I only want to express my concerns. Based on this trailer and knowing that Square likes to show almost their entire game before release, I may be wrong but it looks like it's going to be a 10-15 hours game.
Nah. They've kept saying how this is the size of a mainline FF release. You might be able to rush through it in, like, ~20 hours (give or take a couple of hours) the first time if you skip a lot of stuff (and maybe run past optional fights) but if they aren't lying, this should probably be some ~30-35+ hour experience for most, more if you're trying to do everything..

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If side content adds another 10-20 hours then I don't think that's a big deal. I do believe we're getting one more part that will be closer to 30-40 hour game.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Aerith and Tifa looks so beautiful. I was always a Tifa fanboy when I was young but Aerith rocks her dress way more.

Best girl is still Cloud. Also holy shit and the amazing soundracks

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sephiroth sounds exactly like George Newbern so it makes me wonder why they didn't just rehire him.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
That Honey Bee scene is beyond perfection.

Absolute pinnacle. If they didn't kill Aeris I'd get this in a heartbeat.