• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
How the hell does this look so good?! I feel like I am watching PS5 footage. This is the best looking UE4 game by a long shot.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
How the flying fuck did Square make a turn around on this so quickly after the clusterfuck of Final Fantasy XV. It looks fucking amazing for what it is, but holy shit is it going to take years to get the rest of Final Fantasy VII remade if just Midgar is on this level.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Do I regret watching it even though it had a shit ton of spoilers?
giphy.gif

This does make wonder what the actual length might end up being. Once you put together all released trailer, the overall story seems pretty clear.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
How the flying fuck did Square make a turn around on this so quickly after the clusterfuck of Final Fantasy XV. It looks fucking amazing for what it is, but holy shit is it going to take years to get the rest of Final Fantasy VII remade if just Midgar is on this level.

Actually giving a dev team enough time and not changing directors does wonders.

Not that I would call XV a clusterfuck personally but thats just simply what happened there.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
They're different teams who were working on their games simultaneously.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They most def changed the main story of the game now. This is a legit new game not just a "remake". im fucking loving it

duCQEeG.png

also lol fuckin daigo dojima.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Feels like I was just spoiled the whole game :o

Does anyone know at what point it ends? Like is it only Midgar?

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
This looks like it matches or exceeds the Agni's Philosophy tech demo they originally released. I know the scale is different, but this is far above FFXV visually.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017

not having resources pulled away (back when XV was Versus XIII) and not having to spend resources building your own engine (entire lifespan really) makes a world of difference

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Damn... The game looks stunning. O:
Final Fantasy XV's story and presentation of that story in cutscenes are already now pretty bad, after FFVII Remake releases it will look like utter garbage in comparison.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Holy shit. I was not expecting them to show so much. They pretty much showed the whole fucking game, lmao. But still. That was awesome.

Also, I'm really impressed with that little Honey Bee bit. Looks like it's going to be really fun.

Monsterqken

Dec 26, 2019
The camera system is still really annoying to me. Dis shiz makes me cringe. Camera is too close, and constipated. Lose the environment and sense of exploration.
Screen-Shot-2020-01-31-at-5-16-59-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2020-01-31-at-5-17-23-AM.png
Isn't that a sneak preview of the absurd stairs segment? Looks like that, camera will be claustrophobic in that place is my guess. Makes the experience of running up the same stars over snd over again more interesting.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
I think this trailer just confirmed I'm playing with Japanese audio. Saw the English one first and I don't think the dialogue matches the gesture and energy of the characters. Felt they sold it much more with jp audio.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Square Enix are really doing it, a FFVII Remake that lives up to the hype.
And holy fuck this theme song is great. I'm so glad to see Uematsu back for this!

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Man why do I have to wait a year for PC version lol.

Image quality looks so good here, but I dont know how much of this is Ps4 pro